Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 03:17:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534382 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4725 on: February 01, 2012, 03:15:59 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp

Nailed down a salary today.

Yeae ! ! !

Congrats ... and godspeed

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4726 on: February 01, 2012, 06:32:30 PM »

laughingdp laughingdp

Congrats!...GS, ES or otherwise?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4727 on: February 01, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

Congrats!...GS, ES or otherwise?

Well, they've transitioned to the NSPS/DCIPS band system, but I'm basically coming in as the equivalent of a senior GS-13.

And thanks!! Now it's time to play the paperwork game.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4728 on: February 01, 2012, 07:07:08 PM »

Well, they've transitioned to the NSPS/DCIPS band system, but I'm basically coming in as the equivalent of a senior GS-13.

That sounds pretty healthy...what's your current rank, if you don't mind me asking?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4729 on: February 01, 2012, 07:09:01 PM »

That sounds pretty healthy...what's your current rank, if you don't mind me asking?

Still an E6. Turned down 7 the last three years.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4730 on: February 01, 2012, 07:52:19 PM »

GS-13? nice!  chug

I will never make that much ever
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4731 on: February 01, 2012, 09:14:48 PM »

Score then!... waytogo

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4732 on: February 02, 2012, 04:22:53 AM »

I've said no to an E7, but you are only the second person I've ever known to say no to E7.  It seems so much dirtier.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4733 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »

laughingdp laughingdp

Which agency?  And BTW, congrats!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4734 on: February 02, 2012, 02:12:45 PM »

Which agency?  And BTW, congrats!

Thanks.  I'll be working for NGA, at their support team to ONI.

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4735 on: February 02, 2012, 10:23:12 PM »

Great, congrats.  Going from E-6 pay to payband-4/ GG13 is a nice jump.  NGA is a good organization to work for...and I've always had great support from their guys that deploy w/ us.  ONI on the other hand, I've developed a love/hate relationship for them!

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
whackie

« Reply #4736 on: February 03, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »

I've said no to an E7, but you are only the second person I've ever known to say no to E7.  It seems so much dirtier.

i'd have to agree to that. brian gets in before 6, but he's been leaving work late. sometimes after 730pm. it's got to suck ass. 

but he said to say congrats too.  waytogo
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4737 on: February 03, 2012, 03:27:45 AM »

Yeah... I've always gotten grief for walking away from promoting, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I enjoy the technical side of my job (surprise surprise, that's why I do it) and putting on 7 would have been the end of that.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4738 on: February 03, 2012, 08:29:59 AM »

i'd have to agree to that. brian gets in before 6, but he's been leaving work late. sometimes after 730pm. it's got to suck ass. 

but he said to say congrats too.  waytogo

It's the leaner Navy with still as much, or more, to do than the old Navy. Brian sounds like me. 13 hrs at work yesterday.

AND....... Nice to see that you still check in  waytogo  Smiley

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4739 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:35 AM »

Yeah... I've always gotten grief for walking away from promoting, but it just wasn't what I wanted. I enjoy the technical side of my job (surprise surprise, that's why I do it) and putting on 7 would have been the end of that.

So, when do you start?

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: