Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 11:18:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534242 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4800 on: February 17, 2012, 07:54:06 PM »

Here's a glowing 1199 first ride review by MCN.  Enjoy... Dolph

Ducati 1199 Panigale first ride

Cheers,
Majdi

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk

« Reply #4801 on: February 17, 2012, 09:11:58 PM »

Majdi....are you reconsidering!!!?

What a glowing report...I did notice that the handlebars are wider Dolph

You mentioned in a earlier post you liked the BMW ergo's over the Duc's...would the Panagale fit your needs?

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4802 on: February 17, 2012, 10:53:13 PM »

As super good as the first reports are no one can really tell how the Panigale works for them until they get on one.  Majdi has plenty enough time on the S1000RR to know it works for him. 

I liked the part where it said it works down low like an 848 and then has the big punch up high. More riders will like that but there are still lots of folks who like the nasty low power of the 1198. You just have to ride it differently and that always put off the motorcycle press.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

« Reply #4803 on: February 18, 2012, 04:09:56 AM »

Majdi....are you reconsidering!!!?

What a glowing report...I did notice that the handlebars are wider Dolph

You mentioned in a earlier post you liked the BMW ergo's over the Duc's...would the Panagale fit your needs?

Nah, I have my mind set on the S1000RR as my next bike...it fits my body well & I like the mid-production improvements to the electronics and suspension.  Another factor is the $5k-$8k difference between the BMW & 1199/S (before upgrades).  Having said that, the 1199, typical of Ducati designs, looks like sex on wheels.  I'm glad to see all the positive 1199 reviews relating to the ergos, suspension and power...plus that engine roar still makes me smile!  Unfortunately, as Rick mentioned, I won't know how it would fit me until I ride it.  I can't wait for the 2012 liter bike shootout...even though I realize the journalists end up splitting hairs to rack & stack the bikes.  

Soooo...I think I found the exhaust system for my short list of upgrades!  The "Taylormade" exhaust reminds me of the Desmo/GP style side exhaust.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:23:27 AM by freeflydive » Logged

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4804 on: February 18, 2012, 04:39:40 AM »

MacDuck,

re-did compression test yesterday, got following numbers, bike was warm, temp indicator said 65°C ....12.5~12.6bar/181.29psi; not much difference from about 8500kms ...bike now has 138XXkms . . .

the measurments are for horizontal-vertical cylinders . .

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
sofadriver

An analog man in a digital world

« Reply #4805 on: February 18, 2012, 07:29:33 AM »

Here's a glowing 1199 first ride review by MCN.  Enjoy... Dolph

What an amazing machine. I'll never have the skills to ride that at 50%.

I'll have to be content with riding my Monster and grinding down the same Happy Face kneesliders.  cheeky cheeky

Mike in Tacoma
'08 S2r 1000 - Red on Red
'96 900 SS/SP
'02 ST4s (gone but not forgotten)

IBA 38181
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4806 on: February 18, 2012, 09:15:36 AM »

Nah, I have my mind set on the S1000RR as my next bike...it fits my body well & I like the mid-production improvements to the electronics and suspension.  Another factor is the $5k-$8k difference between the BMW & 1199/S (before upgrades).  Having said that, the 1199, typical of Ducati designs, looks like sex on wheels.  I'm glad to see all the positive 1199 reviews relating to the ergos, suspension and power...plus that engine roar still makes me smile!  Unfortunately, as Rick mentioned, I won't know how it would fit me until I ride it.  I can't wait for the 2012 liter bike shootout...even though I realize the journalists end up splitting hairs to rack & stack the bikes.  

Soooo...I think I found the exhaust system for my short list of upgrades!  The "Taylormade" exhaust reminds me of the Desmo/GP style side exhaust.

One of the shop's customers has a S1000RR like the one in the picture with that Taylormade exhaust.  Sounds and looks really good.  When I was considering the S1000RR (and still do think about that) I was planning a full Akrapovic with the carbon can. 

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

« Reply #4807 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:28 PM »

One of the shop's customers has a S1000RR like the one in the picture with that Taylormade exhaust.  Sounds and looks really good.  When I was considering the S1000RR (and still do think about that) I was planning a full Akrapovic with the carbon can. 

I was planning on the short akra slip-on, until I saw the taylormade full system.  I don't need it, but I love how the pipe is integrated into the body and the panel extends to the back, unlike how the stock fairing leaves the cat exposed.

« Reply #4808 on: February 18, 2012, 03:25:29 PM »

Wow...I did not know there was that much price difference between the 1199 & s 100RR

approx. what are the out the doors dollars on the two bikes here in Honolulu?

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4809 on: February 18, 2012, 04:27:07 PM »

I was planning on the short akra slip-on, until I saw the taylormade full system.  I don't need it, but I love how the pipe is integrated into the body and the panel extends to the back, unlike how the stock fairing leaves the cat exposed.

Yeah, the only thing with any of the slip ons is that the fugly cat is still there.  That's why if you do anything it needs to have someone's full system. Of course you then also have to do something with the ECU. I haven't been following the S1000RR forum for a while but there should be some pretty good maps available at this point. One would think anyway.

Yep, the traditional issue with the Ducati is not only the higher entrance fee but the additional monthly upgrade dues.  laughingdp  The BMW, not so much.  Dolph

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4810 on: February 18, 2012, 04:31:38 PM »

- - -Yep, the traditional issue with the Ducati is not only the higher entrance fee but the additional monthly upgrade dues laughingdp  The BMW, not so much.  Dolph

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
freeflydive

« Reply #4811 on: February 19, 2012, 04:35:36 AM »

Of course you then also have to do something with the ECU. I haven't been following the S1000RR forum for a while but there should be some pretty good maps available at this point.

There are a few maps out there, especially w/ Bazzaz and PC-V, but most don't bother.  The majority initially report experiencing a bit of backfiring, then the ECU appears to adjust the air/fuel ratio after ~50 miles...having said that, I haven't looked hard enough to see their dyno pulls/chart.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4812 on: February 19, 2012, 06:01:04 PM »

Big, big THANKS to Majdi for spotting that missing closer half ring on the shop floor today!!

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4813 on: February 19, 2012, 07:34:30 PM »

Modified my intakes for more airflow this afternoon...new inlet is the unscreened opening, stock is the screened opening...next step is to find some screening for the new opening, don't want to suck any small low flying birds into that thing...

« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 07:39:40 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4814 on: February 20, 2012, 08:25:35 AM »

Modified my intakes for more airflow this afternoon...new inlet is the unscreened opening, stock is the screened opening...next step is to find some screening for the new opening, don't want to suck any small low flying birds into that thing...

Is the stock screen all that restrictive to begin with? Plus the air still has to go through the filter in the airbox.

Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: