Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 03:25:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 524241 times)
teddy037.3
« Reply #4965 on: April 02, 2012, 12:43:09 AM »

Got a used one that came with my 848. You could have it cheap. Some sort of pit bull rear knockoff but it works and, like I said, cheap.

I've got the speedymoto axle sliders on, so I can just use a normal stand
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4966 on: April 02, 2012, 02:38:52 AM »

Had the feeder line to the fuel pump let go during yesterday's ride...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4967 on: April 02, 2012, 04:38:33 AM »

laundry.
chain clean/lube (I forgot how miserable it is sans rear stand... need to get me one).
wash the bike.
put a ring on it.
got some lunch.
reddit.
probably play some xbox in a minute.

"it" being your Hero Member?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4968 on: April 02, 2012, 08:09:12 AM »

"it" being your Hero Member?

laughingdp "it" being my phantom fiance... for consistency in case carlos was here yesterday  Grin

big ups to the sibs for going along with it.  I think you and pua were the only two who guessed it was fake
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4969 on: April 02, 2012, 12:39:05 PM »

Unluckily for you, I had already come across a few April 1 BS stories, so I was in a frame of mind.

teddy037.3
« Reply #4970 on: April 02, 2012, 12:55:47 PM »

Unluckily for you, I had already come across a few April 1 BS stories, so I was in a frame of mind.

you know I'm saving myself...  Kiss
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4971 on: April 02, 2012, 03:51:21 PM »

laughingdp "it" being my phantom fiance... for consistency in case carlos was here yesterday  Grin

big ups to the sibs for going along with it.  I think you and pua were the only two who guessed it was fake

I was but not was . . . in case is not an AP joke, congrats !

was it a yai or a nai

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4972 on: April 02, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »

Had the feeder line to the fuel pump let go during yesterday's ride...

Which bike?  Fuel line that lives inside the fuel tank?

Nevermind.......... I saw the video   LOL.  Been putting up with that problem for a few years on a bunch of different bikes. Wally's ST2 was the worst.

The fuel hose is special hose that lives submerged in gasoline. Regular fuel hose will not work so don't even try it. Go ahead. Ask me how I know.   Roll Eyes   I don't have the part number handy but the intank fuel hose for the BMW E34 525i works like a champ.

This is what I took out of Tori's 620

And a comparison shot of the junk hose with the new hose

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:32:41 PM by MacDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4973 on: April 02, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

Last weekend you made it sound like you had this weekend off before TDY.

That was the plan, but our containers arrived earlier than expected...an evil early April fools joke of sorts!  It sounds like the group had a good JJ run...I'll see you guys on the last wkend of April.  

So, life can be a touch cruel!  The gear arrived early and was told the leased crane was in place.  So, in an attempt to save tax payer $$$$$, I flew my team out early (plan B).  Unfortunately, the locally hired crane workers are no where in site! Well, back to the drawing board for plan C!  Luckily I downloaded WSBK Imola races...so I have something to look forward to for tonight...along w/ a few glasses of scotch!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 11:04:16 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4974 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:28 PM »

I've got the speedymoto axle sliders on, so I can just use a normal stand

OK. Can't say I never offered a good deal.  Wait until you want to get the rear wheel off and those axle sliders won't be much use then............  Grin Grin  BTW, I have the Speedomoto sliders on the 848 rear axle but they come off to lube the chain........... just sayin.........  Vino!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4975 on: April 06, 2012, 11:22:21 PM »

Got a dyno base run on the 848 today done at Montgomery Motors. It'll be interesting to see what changes, if any, happen after all adjustments are done.

Horsepower at rear wheel ----- MM Cycle Sports says their dyno reads low (how much?? dunno but it really doesn't matter as the next run will be run on the same machine) --- Nice linear progression for HP. The lower line is the fuel/air mixture ratio with it getting richer as the line dips.  Most stock fueling is set at 14:1 with aftermarket supposed ideal at 13:1. Mine runs richer.

Then the torque curve with the odd low middle range dip

The fueling is on the rich side............    popcorn popcorn
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:19:20 AM by MacDuck » Logged

« Reply #4976 on: April 06, 2012, 11:49:41 PM »

Hi Rick,
Are you surprised on your baseline numbers?
When are you going to do the 848 service.

BTW....thanks again on the deal on clip ons waytogo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4977 on: April 07, 2012, 12:16:51 AM »

Hi Rick,
Are you surprised on your baseline numbers?
When are you going to do the 848 service.

BTW....thanks again on the deal on clip ons waytogo

Surprised wouldn't be how I would describe it.  More just interested & what interests me is the torque dip at 4,000 to 6,000 rpm along with a very slight HP dip there. That coincides with the fuel mapping getting too rich right there too. Makes me think that a Power Commander add on that would control the fueling in that range might be just the ticket. I'll wait until after all the work is done and retested. I also want to get a look at the spark plugs and see what they look like mixture wise.   I'm still waiting on some parts and some sound Hz software. Thanks to Motowheels  Roll Eyes and their drag ass butts on the parts.  Angry  At this rate I reckon that two weeks from now I'll rip the 848 apart and have at it.

You're welcome on the clip ons. How's that working out?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 12:26:42 AM by MacDuck » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4978 on: April 07, 2012, 03:07:45 AM »

popcorn

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4979 on: April 07, 2012, 07:29:53 AM »

Is McTlattie your undercover bikey name?

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: