Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 11:24:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 524469 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5070 on: May 13, 2012, 04:47:18 AM »

I do wonder what Ducati has in store for the 849! 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5071 on: May 13, 2012, 07:37:55 AM »

OMG, say it ain't so!... Shocked

on the other hand...tail tidy, Termis, new mirrors, some carbon bits and you've got a kick ass scooter... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5072 on: May 13, 2012, 07:20:49 PM »

Took my wife to my daughter's place for a Mothers' Day brunch...ate too much and spent the rest of the day wishing I hadn't...

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5073 on: May 14, 2012, 01:20:18 AM »

Returned to my real world in Waikiki.  The weekend escape to the North Shore was worthwhile and very relaxing.  Now...off to download the WSBK race!   

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5074 on: May 19, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »

Reloaded the matrix and rolled it down the snake.  Much better machine today with the revamped rear shock.  I was worried the new spring would be too much but it feels much better.  Monoposto conversion feels a bit odd as the weight loss is definitely noticeable.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5075 on: May 20, 2012, 12:02:37 AM »

Reloaded the matrix and rolled it down the snake.  Much better machine today with the revamped rear shock.  I was worried the new spring would be too much but it feels much better.  Monoposto conversion feels a bit odd as the weight loss is definitely noticeable.

cool...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5076 on: May 20, 2012, 02:08:24 AM »

Yesterday: Went for what turned out to be a 300(ish) mile ride out through western VA and found some AMAZING new (to me) roads just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Was hoping to map the route, but the GPS on my phone took a crap on me. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.

« Reply #5077 on: May 20, 2012, 01:14:51 PM »

Yesterday: Went for what turned out to be a 300(ish) mile ride out through western VA and found some AMAZING new (to me) roads just off the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Was hoping to map the route, but the GPS on my phone took a crap on me. 

I remember going thru the Blue Ridge Parkway the 70's...beautiful area.
Bet those roads are AWESOME on a Ducati!!! Dolph

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5078 on: May 20, 2012, 02:01:25 PM »

300 miles?!!!...must have been on the SD...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5079 on: May 20, 2012, 03:33:41 PM »

300 miles?!!!...must have been on the SD...

Yep, sure was. I'd be willing to do that sort of distance on the SC, but it's up on stands for now.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5080 on: May 20, 2012, 03:35:53 PM »

that's 3 tanks of gas on my Monster . . .before getting the low fuel light on

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5081 on: May 20, 2012, 04:27:09 PM »

You'll have to show me around the fun roads once I get back to the DC area next summer.  We just drove up from Old Town Alexandria upto Thunderbolt for CSS.  It felt refreshing to be able to drive through multiple state-lines and consistently drive 70'ish MPH!  We made a mini-road trip out of it and did a little shopping in Arundel, MD.     

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5082 on: May 20, 2012, 05:59:15 PM »

that's 3 tanks of gas on my Monster . . .before getting the low fuel light on

That's three tanks of gas for most any of our bikes.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5083 on: May 20, 2012, 06:03:05 PM »

Nice isn't it when you're done with a project and it turns out good!   Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5084 on: May 20, 2012, 06:04:06 PM »

Finished the valve adjustment on the 848 today! Downhill from here on out now.  One month into this service.

Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: