Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 18, 2024, 09:25:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 524416 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5100 on: May 24, 2012, 07:27:12 PM »

Picked up my new gas tank from Cycledelic today, had Hannibal apply the Caswell coating to the inside of the tank...hopefully my expanding tank woes will soon be a thing of the past...

Are you good to go or do you have to wait for a curing time?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5101 on: May 24, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »

Are you good to go or do you have to wait for a curing time?

Curing time is 24-36 hours and I've scheduled the install for next week Thursday, so I should be good to go by then...I may put it in the oven over night on Wednesday just to make sure though, any idea on a good temp setting for the oven?... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5102 on: May 24, 2012, 09:56:51 PM »

Oven?  I wouldn't.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5103 on: May 25, 2012, 01:19:07 AM »

Oven?  I wouldn't.

Nor would I. Caswell told me to store the tank in about 80 degree temps (preferably dry temps) for 24 hours. You should be good down there.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5104 on: May 25, 2012, 07:21:24 AM »

You guys obviously missed the  Wink at the end of my oven statement...or you really think I'm a crazy old coot... Grin

teddy037.3
« Reply #5105 on: May 25, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »

OK . .. was just saying . . . 2.5 gals and light comes on at 0.5gal... somehow my 620 only goes 110miles on the tank until empty on the highway

my fuel light used to come on anywhere between 85-110... depends on how much I was whippin' on it
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5106 on: May 25, 2012, 08:34:51 AM »

You guys obviously missed the  Wink at the end of my oven statement...or you really think I'm a crazy old coot... Grin

Hey! I represent that remark. We can't be too careful sometimes.  Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5107 on: May 25, 2012, 08:44:23 AM »

We can't be too careful sometimes.  Grin

Thanks for looking out for me, I have done some stupid stuff in my lifetime...

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5108 on: May 26, 2012, 01:48:31 PM »

Put Q2s on the SD today.  Took them for a short(ish) ride to break them in and get a feel for them.  Pretty impressive so far. 

Might head out to WV and stay the night, then hit this route up...

http://goo.gl/maps/lTtd

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5109 on: May 26, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

Flew out of Pittsburgh today only to miss our connection flight.  On a good note, this forces us to explore San Francisco for a day...but Damn I miss being home!

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5110 on: May 26, 2012, 09:09:50 PM »

It felt like I went back to Metal Shop 101 today.  Had to file a billet aluminum dial indicator holder jig so it would fit in between exhaust opener cams. That consumed an unexpected good chunk of the day. On the other hand all the Ducati gasket goo has been cleaned off the valve cover surfaces and the cam belt tensions have been set. Found the vertical cylinder cam timing for both cams, especially the exhaust cam, off a fair bit. Exhaust cam way out of factory tolerances. Intake a tad late but still within spec. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5111 on: May 26, 2012, 09:38:49 PM »

It felt like I went back to Metal Shop 101 today.  Had to file a billet aluminum dial indicator holder jig so it would fit in between exhaust opener cams. That consumed an unexpected good chunk of the day. On the other hand all the Ducati gasket goo has been cleaned off the valve cover surfaces and the cam belt tensions have been set. Found the vertical cylinder cam timing for both cams, especially the exhaust cam, off a fair bit. Exhaust cam way out of factory tolerances. Intake a tad late but still within spec. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Sorry I didn't make it down for the festivities... Roll Eyes

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5112 on: May 27, 2012, 12:01:16 AM »

Sorry I didn't make it down for the festivities... Roll Eyes

Festivities are next week when everything is all done!   Dolph

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5113 on: May 27, 2012, 08:49:38 AM »

Hopefully I'll feel well enough to help you celebrate...

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5114 on: May 27, 2012, 12:36:43 PM »

I hope you feel better soon.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Pages: 1 ... 339 340 [341] 342 343 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: