Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 09:20:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 524049 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5295 on: September 09, 2012, 03:06:17 AM »

WSBK races in Germany (Nurburgring) will air on Speed (214 / 1214) this Sunday-

Race#1: 8:00-9:00 AM (HST)
Race#2: 12:00-1:00 PM (HST)

They will show re-runs on Monday & Tuesday.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5296 on: September 09, 2012, 04:10:17 PM »

http://goo.gl/maps/EKFWk

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
freeflydive

« Reply #5297 on: September 09, 2012, 10:09:22 PM »

Funny, I was telling Teresa, last night, how I can't wait to ride out towards Shenanondoah National Park.  You might have to show me around when I get back to DC next summer.   Dolph

Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5298 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:38 PM »

You sit much more on top of it than you do the RC8 as well.  It's almost like comparing a 999 (sitting in) and an 8/10/1198, or my old Daytona (sitting on),

So, question...   I've seen elsewhere your dream ride is a 998 chassis with a 1098 motor.  Do you consider the 998 chassis as "sitting in"?

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5299 on: September 10, 2012, 10:29:11 PM »

I know where he could get a 1098 engine.   Evil

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5300 on: September 10, 2012, 11:21:51 PM »

I know where he could get a 1098 engine.   Evil

If only I could use all the 998T's have to offer.  Undecided

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5301 on: September 11, 2012, 03:24:18 AM »

Not sure if I'd say that is my dream bike, but it is very high on the want list. A lot of that is based on how attractive the Tamburini bikes are in my eyes. It's been a while since I've ridden one though, but if memory serves correct I'd say you are much more on top. The "in" position is one of the things that made the 999 (and it seems the RC8R as well) such a comfy everyday SBK, but that lower center of gravity also meant you had to fiddle with the chassis more to make it feel as agile as some other bikes.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5302 on: September 11, 2012, 10:53:30 PM »

So.... Tuesday has come & gone .... how did the Panigale test ride go?    I was talking to Lester the other day. He still hasn't really figured it out yet.  He seems to be going through the typical I4 weird transition to a V twin.  Hasn't quit come to grips with the chucka chucka low rpm lurch and for sure hasn't figured out the suspension settings yet. What ever changes he makes he always resets back to stock after whatever riding he's done.

Maybe he needs someone to sort it out for him.    Evil   Evil   Evil

That said, got another ride on Brandon's S1000RR a week or so ago and I liked it!!  He put the heavy bar end weights on to deal with the grip vibration and it worked. So much better to ride with and having that extra HP is a big plus.  If I had the opportunity to upgrade I'd have to look seriously at the BMW. I can totally understand the attraction to the Ape and if I lived on the east coast then it would be a real contender. It should be one out here too but if there are so few on the island then you have to understand the lack of support.  That's not an issue with the Ducati or the BMW but Aprilia and KTM are another story.    Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5303 on: September 12, 2012, 02:27:00 AM »

Haven't ridden it yet.  The dealer hasn't brought it down from their Falls Church location, and I'm not about to go inside the beltway to try and demo it.  There's a nice, nine mile twisty road not far from the Woodbridge location, and that's the road I've been testing all the other bikes on, so...

So what is keeping Lester from getting it sorted?  Have you offered to do some base-line measurements for him?  Are his issues spring or damping related? 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5304 on: September 12, 2012, 06:42:04 AM »

So what is keeping Lester from getting it sorted?  Have you offered to do some base-line measurements for him?  Are his issues spring or damping related? 

I can only guess. This is always where it gets a bit sticky or tricky. I haven't offered anything yet because I think that might be inappropriate. If he asked me then that would be different. There are lots and lots of settings on the bike and I think he's still working through them to find something he likes and this includes setting the engine braking. It might be that he'd prefer something like his old Honda where it was pretty much turn the key and go. There are lots and lots of folks that never vary from the stock factory settings and who are hard pressed to tell the difference even if adjustments were made.

Of course I'd love to have a 1199 handed over to me for a day of testing and adjusting.   Evil

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5305 on: September 12, 2012, 08:54:28 AM »

Of course I'd love to have a 1199 handed over to me for a day of testing and adjusting.   Evil

Oh, I'm sure that would take more than a day... Evil

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5306 on: September 20, 2012, 07:23:23 PM »

Stopped by Cycle City to check out the Tuono V4r this afternoon...feels/looks rather porky compared to my SF.  Asking price is $19K plus fees, MSRP is $14,995...good old CC, throwing that additional markup on everything they sell...I know, I know, it's only business. 

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5307 on: September 25, 2012, 05:39:52 PM »

Afternoon ride to the windward side today...Pali, H3 offramps, 13 turns, Norfolk, etc.... Dolph

On the way home, doing 75-80 in 5th on H3 after the tunnel, the bike started to feel a bit funny, like it didn't want to move from side to side...thought it was the wind, but it was getting worse even though I was slowing down, turned out to be a rear puncture... Shocked

Lousy luck, say what?...well not exactly, it was at the end of my ride, I didn't crash, it was the soon to be worn out rear tire, and SSD was there to pick me and the SF up within 35 minutes after I called them... waytogo

The pick up by SSD was gratis, so ordered a new tire from them instead of from Amazon as I had been contemplating... Grin

« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 11:11:49 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

« Reply #5308 on: September 25, 2012, 09:42:18 PM »

Had a great day Evil boo

Got stuck in 25 mins of stop in go traffic ...... For 25 mins
« Last Edit: September 26, 2012, 12:56:24 AM by 118811 » Logged

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
freeflydive

« Reply #5309 on: September 25, 2012, 09:42:45 PM »

Afternoon ride to the windward side today...Pali, H3 offramps, 13 turns, Norfolk, etc.... Dolph

On the way home, doing 75-80 in 5th on H3 after the tunnel, the bike started to feel a bit funny, like it didn't want to move from side to side...thought it was the wind, but it was getting worse even though I was slowing down, turned out to be a rear puncture... Shocked

Lousy luck, say what?...when not exactly, it was at the end of my ride, I didn't crash, it was the soon to be worn out rear tire, and SSD was there to pick me and the SF up within 35 minutes after I called them... waytogo

The pick up by SSD was gratis, so ordered a new tire from them instead of from Amazon as I had been comtemplating... Grin

I'm glad to hear things worked out...knocking on wood.   chug

Pages: 1 ... 352 353 [354] 355 356 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: