Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 03:21:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 523907 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5340 on: November 28, 2012, 05:02:48 PM »

Picked up the SF today from SSD.  Bike runs noticeably better with the flow matched injectors and valve adjustment, less herky-jerky at low rpms...labor was 11.5 hrs, which included a headlight bulb replacement.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5341 on: November 28, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »

Picked up the SF today from SSD.  Bike runs noticeably better with the flow matched injectors and valve adjustment, less herky-jerky at low rpms...labor was 11.5 hrs, which included a headlight bulb replacement.

How many valves needed adjustment? Openers? Closers? Where did the flow matched injectors come from?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5342 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:34 PM »

How many valves needed adjustment? Openers? Closers? Where did the flow matched injectors come from?

I have those figures, but I left the paper at SSD...will retrieve it tomorrow.  The injectors are from Doug Lofgren, $125 plus your old ones...he also does ECU flashes.

http://www.visi.com/~moperfserv/
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:41:04 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5343 on: November 28, 2012, 10:45:15 PM »

I have those figures, but I left the paper at SSD...will retrieve it tomorrow.  The injectors are from Doug Lofgren, $25 plus your old ones...he also does ECU flashes.

http://www.visi.com/~moperfserv/

Cool!   Did he send you injectors and the plan is to send him your old ones?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5344 on: November 28, 2012, 10:50:38 PM »

Cool!   Did he send you injectors and the plan is to send him your old ones?

Yup...note, I corrected the cost quoted in my original response...$125 vs $25.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:52:11 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

« Reply #5345 on: November 28, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »

Yup...note, I corrected the cost quoted in my original response...$125 vs $25.

Caught that....  cheeky

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5346 on: November 29, 2012, 07:25:07 PM »

Here's the scoop:

Five valves needed adjustment...both openers on the vertical cylinder exhaust valves were tight, with one exhaust closer loose.  One intake closer on the horizonal clyinder was tight, as were both exhaust openers.

FWIW, sparkplugs looked good.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5347 on: November 29, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

Here's the scoop:

Five valves needed adjustment...both openers on the vertical cylinder exhaust valves were tight, with one exhaust closer loose.  One intake closer on the horizonal clyinder was tight, as were both exhaust openers.

FWIW, sparkplugs looked good.

So all of the exhaust openers were tight. I bet getting those adjusted did more noticeable good than anything else.   waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5348 on: November 29, 2012, 10:31:34 PM »

So all of the exhaust openers were tight. I bet getting those adjusted did more noticeable good than anything else.   waytogo

I'm thinking the same thing... Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5349 on: November 30, 2012, 05:34:22 PM »

Had a clear run at T-park & the snake today, but got caught behind a flatbed convoy hauling a big Caterpiller for the entire length of Kunia road...arrrrgh...Sad

Bike seems to pull harder than before the 22.5k service and it runs better at low revs in stop n go, but maybe a bit less than previously stated...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:36:38 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5350 on: November 30, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »

Sometimes you really don't know what is really real or just imagined. Sometimes with money & effort spent you want to think there is a perceivable difference. I'm still going through that. The dyno says no but I say there is a slight but noticeable difference. Nothing earthshaking but still there. Or, maybe not........ but maybe yes...... yes, I think, maybe.....  Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5351 on: December 27, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »

Nice Pali, windard, Tantalus run with my son this morning... Dolph

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5352 on: December 30, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »

Pretty good weekend.  Had a co-ordinated tow truck drop off a Monster at my house yesterday morning and just minutes later a tow truck picked up the BMW R1100S to take it to the shop. Replaced the clutch slave on the bimmer and that went pretty fast all things considered. The biggest problem there was getting it to bleed. It's BMW strange and if you ever had any kind of bimmer you know what I mean. Also took out the electric antenna motor on Gloria's car & fixed that. Got the beemer clutch bleeding done this morning and now that bike is back on the road. Yay!!  I think it's been down 2 or 3 months just waiting for me to have time to tackle it.

Started work on Frederick's Monster this afternoon ........ That will be a challenge, strange electrics.  I'm done working on cars/bikes for this weekend.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5353 on: December 30, 2012, 06:48:19 PM »

I cleaned windows most of the day...Sad

I had the SF out for our planned but rained out ride this morning, so during a break from the aforementined window cleaning I gave it a visual once over...the top horizontal edge and top fifth or so of the radiator face have an acculumation of oily grunge, appears that horizontal cylinder cam cover may have a gasket leak...possibly a result of not so top notch work during my last valve adjustment.  I'll remove the radiator guard tomorrow and take a closer look at the radiator to make sure it's not leaking.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:15:52 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5354 on: December 30, 2012, 09:17:51 PM »

Did they bill you for valve cover gaskets on your last service?

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: