Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 03:22:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 523913 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5370 on: January 13, 2013, 05:50:07 AM »

Went down to SS today and ordered a cam belt adjustment tool.  Not bad.  Then bought an O ring seal for the fuel pump to install on the new gas tank when it comes in. I like the preventative maintenance idea thing. New rubber seal around a fuel pump that sits right above a hot vertical cylinder and exhaust sounds good to me.  $75.00 for a simple O ring seal does not!  Bought it anyway just cause. Damn seal costs more than the special tool. There's something just not right about that.  Makes me start rethinking the Ducati thing again. Seal costs the same as one cam belt. I guess they are both critical parts. I don't mind the belt cost that much but a seal? Dang!

Why don't you purchase from another vendor or sponsor? Just asking

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5371 on: January 13, 2013, 09:20:22 AM »

Put the SC up for sale.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5372 on: January 13, 2013, 09:26:46 AM »

Put the SC up for sale.

so you would only keep the ktm?

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5373 on: January 13, 2013, 09:34:00 AM »

Not sure.  It might go on the block as well.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5374 on: January 13, 2013, 10:04:23 AM »

Not sure.  It might go on the block as well.

What does the future hold?... Evil

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5375 on: January 13, 2013, 10:06:29 AM »

Don't know honestly.  Thinking about taking a break from bikes for a while...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5376 on: January 13, 2013, 10:22:33 AM »

Thinking about taking a break from bikes for a while...

popcorn

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5377 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:34 AM »

Why don't you purchase from another vendor or sponsor? Just asking

For some parts and accessories I do, depending on price and availability.  The bulk of that seal price is set by Ducati and our local dealer adds their markup. I don't have a problem with that. They help me out a lot with different things so I always try to give them business when I can.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #5378 on: January 13, 2013, 11:13:31 AM »

For some parts and accessories I do, depending on price and availability.  The bulk of that seal price is set by Ducati and our local dealer adds their markup. I don't have a problem with that. They help me out a lot with different things so I always try to give them business when I can.

OK . .  I do have a few US dealers I usually purchase stuff from, but, most, is from our sponsors . . .

Carlos
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5379 on: January 14, 2013, 08:54:14 PM »

Sold the original wheels off my SF to David S. today.  Thanks Rick for setting up the deal... waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5380 on: January 14, 2013, 09:40:12 PM »

Sold the original wheels off my SF to David S. today.  Thanks Rick for setting up the deal... waytogo

Very happy to see it work out for both of you doncha know.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
rz3r0

« Reply #5381 on: January 15, 2013, 07:28:57 PM »

Been out sick for about a week... Undecided Hopefully I feel better so I can go riding later on this week. I hope everyone is healthy and well. Be careful as there are two things spreading fast right now: the flu, and the norovirus; luckily I have neither.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5382 on: January 19, 2013, 08:50:06 PM »

Attended an all day Evo driving school at the stadium...made about 20 autocross runs overall... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5383 on: January 19, 2013, 10:09:54 PM »

Too much to type in using a kindle fire. Let's say I know more about Ducati engines, in a good way.

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5384 on: January 25, 2013, 08:47:39 PM »

Dropped off the bike for maint...just hit 6k miles.  I was too lazy to brave afternoon traffic, so I'll pick her up in the morning.

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: