Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

August 17, 2024, 11:20:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 523819 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5415 on: February 15, 2013, 05:50:32 PM »

I was referring more to the finding the bike, getting someone to check it out, arranging the paperwork, aspect of the deal...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5416 on: February 15, 2013, 10:43:59 PM »

I was referring more to the finding the bike, getting someone to check it out, arranging the paperwork, aspect of the deal...

It's not all that hard if you look the right way.  Depends on what you're looking for too.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5417 on: February 19, 2013, 04:00:27 PM »

Lowered the asking price on the SC by a grand and the offers came out of the woodwork.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5418 on: February 19, 2013, 06:01:14 PM »

Lowered the asking price on the SC by a grand and the offers came out of the woodwork.

Vultures are always circling... Wink

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5419 on: February 19, 2013, 07:38:57 PM »

Dude offered $12.5K cash.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5420 on: February 19, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »

Sounds pretty good to me, did you take it?... popcorn

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5421 on: February 19, 2013, 10:11:45 PM »

Tempting for sure. Are those BST's only for that bike?  I know the rear was but we had some issues with the front. I can't remember if that was because they thought other versions would work but only one version for that bike?  Anyway, if you're serious about offing it that might be an offer to consider. Then you could always do extra work and put it back close to what it was when you bought it and part out the rest.  Naaah.  Grin

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5422 on: February 19, 2013, 10:13:17 PM »

BTW Gene....... how's the progress on the continuing no start prob?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5423 on: February 19, 2013, 11:51:10 PM »

BTW Gene....... how's the progress on the continuing no start prob?

Only failed to start on the first stab that one time leaving JJ on Sunday, started up fine at the Aloha station and again after Jing and I ate lunch...haven't ridden since then...

« Reply #5424 on: February 22, 2013, 12:10:09 AM »

Still waiting for the regulator/rectifier to come in for the 675... Under recall with Triumph.

Everyday I have been starting her up...but I was under the impression that the RR could fail and do more expensive damage...so I refrained from riding her.  But since MD explained that further damage was very unlikely....I took her for a spirited ride ...terrorizing the Kahala - Diamond Head neighborhood today...didn't want to get to far from home.

Riding the 675 is exhilarating, when you scream her to 10K.....WOW!

Maybe it's a riding a 9 year newer bike, fuel injected ...And a sport bike too boot.....yeah  I do miss the dry clutch chatter.......

But do like where I am going  & what I am on.

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5425 on: February 22, 2013, 07:19:49 AM »

That's what's important... Evil waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5426 on: February 22, 2013, 08:46:19 AM »

Still waiting for the regulator/rectifier to come in for the 675... Under recall with Triumph.

Everyday I have been starting her up...but I was under the impression that the RR could fail and do more expensive damage...so I refrained from riding her.  But since MD explained that further damage was very unlikely....I took her for a spirited ride ...terrorizing the Kahala - Diamond Head neighborhood today...didn't want to get to far from home.

Riding the 675 is exhilarating, when you scream her to 10K.....WOW!

Maybe it's a riding a 9 year newer bike, fuel injected ...And a sport bike too boot.....yeah  I do miss the dry clutch chatter.......

waytogo

10K?  You're just starting to hit the power band........ isn't there something like another 3K to go?

Evil  Evil

« Reply #5427 on: February 22, 2013, 10:07:44 AM »

waytogo

10K?  You're just starting to hit the power band........ isn't there something like another 3K to go?

Evil  Evil

Yeah, I kind of ran out of road..... Evil
I have to admit riding the 675 compared to the Monster...two very different vehicles!!
You have to commit much more when on the 675, I am giving her much respect .

As some wise man said..."boy..It's about your will, skill & thrill level...everything else is just fluff".  Vino!

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5428 on: February 22, 2013, 01:47:03 PM »

As some wise man said..."boy..It's about your will, skill & thrill level...everything else is just fluff".  Vino!

Who said that rubbish?

What pipe do you have on the 675?  You haven't heard one of those motors sing until you've heard the triple thunder.

« Reply #5429 on: February 22, 2013, 01:58:48 PM »

Who said that rubbish?

What pipe do you have on the 675?  You haven't heard one of those motors sing until you've heard the triple thunder.

Hi Ben
Stock pipe right now....but I am looking at a TOR setup all CF on ebay.
What did you run?

Pages: 1 ... 360 361 [362] 363 364 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: