Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 12:29:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514922 times)

« Reply #5490 on: March 07, 2013, 10:48:45 PM »

None of my bikes were set up in a day.  You better be careful about what you wish for.   Grin

No problem....take your time.
I will enjoy all the time you need on a Italian mistress with a new red bodice waytogo
 Evil Roll Eyes Evil

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5491 on: March 08, 2013, 03:46:16 AM »

A couple of newbies. New to the bikes and new to the hill.   laughingdp  laughingdp  Like I said, they had no idea & I had every advantage.  All they knew was that some old guy on a touring sport bike ran away from them 3 different times.   Evil  Evil

That's right, I remember you talking about that.  One guy on an R and one on a standard, right?

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5492 on: March 08, 2013, 08:26:31 AM »

That's right, I remember you talking about that.  One guy on an R and one on a standard, right?

Das right.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5493 on: March 08, 2013, 08:36:43 AM »

No problem....take your time.
I will enjoy all the time you need on a Italian mistress with a new red bodice waytogo
 Evil Roll Eyes Evil

You misunderstand a bit.  I may ride it briefly once or twice but it has to be set to your style of riding. That means you will get to experience different settings and see what works best for you. The Monster was a bit limited. It had more adjustments than most Monsters but a sportbike is different still and there are tradeoffs. I might set something up that I like but if you don't have the same style of riding then you might not like the settings.  Not that we ride like the big boys but they talk all the time about how differently the bikes are set up.  Lorenzo M1 not set like Spies M1 and both riders will talk about how they can't ride the other guys bike.

Speaking of which I have to go look for FP's Streetfighter settings.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.

« Reply #5494 on: March 08, 2013, 11:24:56 AM »

MD....yeah, I understand.
I was just joshing with you a little!!! laughingdp

The 675 actually feels pretty good to me, actually.

But...if we get a ride in together and switchoff...it would be interesting to see how your bike feels to me.  I know I am not nearly as fast as you but I might have an idea where I might like to adjust my set up.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5495 on: March 08, 2013, 01:02:23 PM »

Most important thing to do is get the bike sprung/dialed in for you. From there, get the rebound damping set up so it comes back to "full" extension and settles, I.e. no pogoing.  Compression damping is a bit more subjective, and a matter of personal preference than the other adjustments.  Do a search for some of Dave Moss' tuning videos on YouTube (onthethrottle tv), and you'll get a better understanding of how all the adjustments work in conjunction with each other.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5496 on: March 08, 2013, 03:21:18 PM »

Most important thing to do is get the bike sprung/dialed in for you. From there, get the rebound damping set up so it comes back to "full" extension and settles, I.e. no pogoing.  Compression damping is a bit more subjective, and a matter of personal preference than the other adjustments.  Do a search for some of Dave Moss' tuning videos on YouTube (onthethrottle tv), and you'll get a better understanding of how all the adjustments work in conjunction with each other.

Yeah, no problem setting the front & rear sag. Then you can go from there as you prefer.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5497 on: March 08, 2013, 03:22:51 PM »

MD....yeah, I understand.
I was just joshing with you a little!!! laughingdp

The 675 actually feels pretty good to me, actually.

But...if we get a ride in together and switchoff...it would be interesting to see how your bike feels to me.  I know I am not nearly as fast as you but I might have an idea where I might like to adjust my set up.

Can do sometime.   Dolph

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5498 on: March 08, 2013, 04:52:02 PM »

Yeah, no problem setting the front & rear sag. Then you can go from there as you prefer.

lol  That was meant for Frederick, not you. 

Cheesy

« Reply #5499 on: March 08, 2013, 07:26:47 PM »

lol' I followed you Ben!!    Grin

Took another run around Tantalus today.  I think I was quicker on the Monster.  I do have great respect for the 675 & still very much getting used to the SS positioning.
Like I said the other day....this bike has way more potential than me....but I really do enjoy it.
 Dolph
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 08:26:48 PM by 118811 » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5500 on: March 08, 2013, 07:55:29 PM »

lol  That was meant for Frederick, not you. 

Cheesy

I know. I was just agreeing and chiming in.   waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5501 on: March 08, 2013, 08:00:27 PM »

lol' I followed you Ben!!    Grin

Took another run around Tantalus today.  I think I was quicker on the Monster.  I do have great respect for the 675 & still very much getter used to the SS positioning.
Like I said the other day....this bike has way more potential than me....but I really do enjoy it.
 Dolph

Body position.  Look at your intended line all the time.  Balls of your feet on the outside of the pegs. Countersteer like crazy.  Body position..    Them's the basics.  Then comes late apexing and trail braking and getting to know the bushes.   laughingdp

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5502 on: March 08, 2013, 08:03:14 PM »

I actually think the 675 might be one of the best Tantalus weapons. Maybe not the absolute best but right up there.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5503 on: March 08, 2013, 08:19:25 PM »

Caution with the counter-steer.  Put too much English on that bar and you'll find yourself laying on the ground wondering what happened.  The Daytona drops into turns MUCH easier/quicker than most other bikes.  Proper body positioning (weighting the bike) and just a bit of counter-steer will do you just fine up there on all but the sharpest of hairpins.

« Reply #5504 on: March 08, 2013, 08:30:51 PM »

The Daytona drops into turns MUCH easier/quicker than most other bikes. 

That sure seems to be the case!!!

At least with my limited experience on street bikes

Nope....I dont want to get to know them bushes..... boo

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: