Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 10:22:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514313 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5715 on: August 18, 2013, 02:22:19 PM »

Got the tires on yesterday

Installed a tank protector and a Power Commander 3 late in the day.

Downloading maps this morning & cleaning the garage.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5716 on: August 18, 2013, 05:08:40 PM »

Got the tires on yesterday

Installed a tank protector and a Power Commander 3 late in the day.

Downloading maps this morning & cleaning the garage.

Cool... waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5717 on: August 18, 2013, 06:33:03 PM »

Then I took the 848 out for the first time in what, 4 or 6 weeks, to show to a prospective buyer.  Holy cow!  Huge difference between it & the R12S.  You guys would like me a whole lot better on the R12S than on the 848. We'd have more collective fun.  If I keep the 848 I won't be able to control myself.  It makes me want to do bad things and, if I keep it, then I'm not going to resist.  There, I said it.  The R12S is real good fun and is getting better.  About 90% to 95% where I want it with the new map and suspension settings but it's not the 848. I don't want it to be the 848 but I swear if the 848 doesn't sell then I'm doomed, so to speak.   Dolph

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5718 on: August 18, 2013, 06:52:23 PM »

Trade you the SD for the 848.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5719 on: August 18, 2013, 09:06:10 PM »

Trade you the SD for the 848.

Tempting but I want to be down to one bike again.   Wink

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5720 on: August 28, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »

H3, usual windward stuff, Pali to BME to say hi to MD and home...beautiful morning for a quickie... Dolph

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5721 on: August 31, 2013, 08:33:50 PM »

So, today I caught myself wishing I was back in Hawaii for a little JJ fun run!  I'm in Ohio for the wkend and separated from my bike (wife refers to her as the mistress) while we visit the inlaws.  I haven't ridden on the street since moving to DC, but then again...I haven't fun a fun group like the Sunday JJ crew.

After 5x track days, I've finally decided (I think) to turn the S1000RR into a dedicated track bike.  She's in NJ getting the suspension re-sprung/geometry setup by MarkBilt (Dan Kyle's East Coast shop equivalent). I'm picking her up this upcoming Friday and will safety wire her and install a set of Attack rearsets (GP shift) over the wkend...then I'm off to VIR for a little more track fun on Mon/Tue.  

Next project...track body!

Update:  Teresa says I have an obsession  Dolph

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5722 on: August 31, 2013, 09:07:09 PM »

Do what you like but if I had a dedicated track bike it'd be a R6 or Gixxer 600 and not an uber costly liter bike. Very possibly more fun and less $$$.   Rock your own world though.  Dolph

On that note I got the 848 towed to South Seas today.  Engine shut off while going up the Pali. Just shut right off like a switch was turned off.  Won't know anything more until Tuesday or so.   Roll Eyes

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5723 on: August 31, 2013, 10:01:22 PM »

On that note I got the 848 towed to South Seas today.  Engine shut off while going up the Pali. Just shut right off like a switch was turned off.  Won't know anything more until Tuesday or so.   Roll Eyes

Wow, if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all... Huh?

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5724 on: August 31, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

Do what you like but if I had a dedicated track bike it'd be a R6 or Gixxer 600 and not an uber costly liter bike. Very possibly more fun and less $$$.   Rock your own world though.  Dolph

Sorry to hear about the bike...especially since you've been off the 848 for the past 1-2 months.  Yes, you are right about the R6 and that was my original plan.  Admittedly, there is the inner-child that just wants to keep his toy...plus I "feel" more confident/capable on the S1000RR and the laptime difference shows.  

I test rode a used 2008 R6 trackbike and a new 2014 R6 stock (factory demo) on the track.  They were fun and capable, but I found a renewed appreciation for the slipper clutch/ABS/TC/quickshifter/laptimer/larger brake calipers that comes stock on the BMW.  I could do the same w/ an R6 in aftermarket parts, like most local track riders have, but the price delta would shrink significantly...and trouble shooting would become a nightmare w/ all the mods.  I do love how light and flickable the R6 was around the corners, but I discovered the same w/ the S1000RR once I flipped the eccentric hub/spacer on the rear shock (raises the rear's geometry)!

I'm certain the day will come when I do bin the bike...and I will sit and ponder this post!  Luckily, I have 2x BMW dealers w/in an hr from me and I've already started to buy used spare parts off ebay for that day.  Besides, I'll likely move to Germany next summer where the bike will truly be at home...it's rumored they make good beer!   drink  
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:49:20 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk

« Reply #5725 on: September 01, 2013, 10:55:03 AM »

Do what you like but if I had a dedicated track bike it'd be a R6 or Gixxer 600 and not an uber costly liter bike. Very possibly more fun and less $$$.   Rock your own world though.  Dolph

Sorry to hear this about the 848!

Did me recognize my CRV as I yelled at you when I passed you ?

Good luck with repair waytogo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5726 on: September 01, 2013, 11:31:35 AM »

Sorry to hear this about the 848!

Did me recognize my CRV as I yelled at you when I passed you ?

Good luck with repair waytogo

It has extended warranty so all is not lost.

Yes, I did recognize you.  Figured you were on your way to play golf.   waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5727 on: September 05, 2013, 04:35:57 PM »

Stopped by the new Cycle Sports facility on Nimitz this morning, Brandon was working so we had a chat...nice shop with lots of new bikes, but none that appealed to me, Suzuki needs an updated SV 1000 streetfighter... Grin
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 06:29:55 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5728 on: September 05, 2013, 10:35:34 PM »

Stopped by the new Cycle Sports facility on Nimitz this morning, Brandon was working so we had a chat...nice shop with lots of new bikes, but none that appealed to me, Suzuki needs an updated SV 1000 streetfighter... Grin

Yamaha has an interesting 800 triple coming out.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5729 on: September 05, 2013, 11:04:52 PM »

Yamaha has an interesting 800 triple coming out.

Been reading about it, one reviewer didn't like the lack of feel from the front end and overly sensitive throttle...but for the $$$ it could be interesting...

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: