Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 06:35:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514180 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5775 on: September 12, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »

Changed the oil in the SF, de-dusted the clutch with compressed air and installed the new clutch cover...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
justin123560

« Reply #5776 on: September 14, 2013, 01:22:35 PM »

Was going to change my oil today but now the hex bolt is rounded to sh*t. I should have checked that when I bought the bike i guess. I don't know how to take off a rounded hex  Embarrassed. I'm just sitting down looking at my bike now lol.  boo
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5777 on: September 14, 2013, 02:57:15 PM »

Was going to change my oil today but now the hex bolt is rounded to sh*t. I should have checked that when I bought the bike i guess. I don't know how to take off a rounded hex  Embarrassed. I'm just sitting down looking at my bike now lol.  boo

There's not much that we folks here in Hawaii can do to help you but I recommend that the next thing you do is to buy a new drain plug.  There will be lots of folks around you that can help you take off the old one but you have to have the new one first.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5778 on: September 14, 2013, 04:26:12 PM »

There's not much that we folks here in Hawaii can do to help you

Well, you send him some poke.  That might help.   Grin

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #5779 on: September 15, 2013, 01:26:10 PM »

gave the bike a much needed half-assed wash... went for a walk... logged on here
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5780 on: September 15, 2013, 10:29:13 PM »

gave the bike a much needed half-assed wash... went for a walk... logged on here

Nice to see that you are still around!

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #5781 on: September 16, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »

Nice to see that you are still around!

yep, I'm still hanging around somewhere
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #5782 on: September 16, 2013, 07:18:22 PM »

Hi!  I've finally recuperated from 2x track days at Thunderbolt (NJMP) and a full wkend of hosting family in DC...with many empty bottles of Fat Tire!  My buddy Mike and I did 2x track days (Wed & Thurs) at Thunderbolt....it's my favorite track and I always have a great time!  One of the AMA rookie supersport racers "Kaleb De Keyrel" parked next to us and gave us pointers/coached us, trackside, all day Thursday...he even kept our laptimes and helped us shave off 2 seconds a lap...did I forget to mention he was 16 y/o?!    

Luckily, we got to share the garages/paddock area with the AMA crews and racers (while we were tearing down and they were setting up).  We got to walk around the various AMA garages and made small talk with everyone around...to include Scott Russell, Elena Myers and Josh Haye's crew.   While we didn't stay for the race wkend, it was a nice way to finish a great time away from the office.  Well it's bed time for me...hope you enjoy some of the photos.

Evidently, I'm still incapable of getting off the center of the bike.  I'll work on it this Sunday!

My "FRONT" tire (Q3) after 2x sessions...I still have a lot of lean angle left!  A few of the fast A group riders have successfully used them when GPA's weren't available.

Scott Russell away from the mic.

Nice enclosed trailer!!!   Dolph

Everything looks nice in KTM Orange!

Graves Yamaha Factory garage (Josh Haye's bikes are on the far left).

Roger Hayden's Bike.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2013, 07:25:26 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5783 on: September 16, 2013, 07:42:14 PM »

Cool!... waytogo

« Reply #5784 on: September 17, 2013, 01:18:58 AM »

[drool]very cool!!

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5785 on: September 17, 2013, 08:35:07 AM »

Good stuff!   waytogo

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5786 on: September 29, 2013, 05:38:53 PM »

Went riding with some SCCA friends today...had some fun, but half as much riding and twice the breaks than our JJ rides... Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5787 on: September 29, 2013, 09:02:44 PM »

Went riding with some SCCA friends today...had some fun, but half as much riding and twice the breaks than our JJ rides... Grin

Missed the rain did you? ?  We had two big ones come through this morning on the Windward side. Big drops, tropical straight down rain that lasted about 15 minutes each.  Got nice in the afternoon though.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5788 on: September 29, 2013, 09:09:04 PM »

Missed the rain did you? ?  We had two big ones come through this morning on the Windward side. Big drops, tropical straight down rain that lasted about 15 minutes each.  Got nice in the afternoon though.

Just a few light drops.  Spent the day riding out to Dillingham Field, hanging out and then lunch in Haleiwa and hanging out some more...nice change 'o pace... Grin

Steve.In.Atlanta

Rider in downtown Atlanta

« Reply #5789 on: September 30, 2013, 07:06:17 AM »

I got my first project bike this weekend!! I traded an old scooter that I hot rodded (add irony here) that I couldn't sell. One of the guys I ride with here offered to trade his non-running 82 Guzzi V50 for it. So did a title swap. Took it to my buddy Drew's (darkguzzi) and he had it running in within an hour. Stupid loose wire on the ignition. Rode it up and down the street a couple times then we took it all apart.

2005 Monster S4R
1982 Moto Guzzi V50 Mk3 (project bike)
2001 Monster 900S (stolen)
Pages: 1 ... 384 385 [386] 387 388 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: