Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 04:18:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514098 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5805 on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:38 AM »

There will be a lot more of that in 2014.  Way more than what was done in 2013.

waytogo

Competitive Cyclist was blowing out Castelli gear not to long ago.  They've got them at 15% off now, just in case you need some.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5806 on: January 04, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »

Made appt for my monster's oil leak at ssd, found out that ssd is now part of JN group.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5807 on: January 04, 2014, 07:01:50 PM »

found out that ssd is now part of JN group.

That is not good, not good at all...  Huh?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2014, 08:42:39 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5808 on: January 04, 2014, 10:06:41 PM »

That is not good, not good at all...  Huh?

Got something against Joe Nicolai?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5809 on: January 04, 2014, 10:25:28 PM »

Got something against Joe Nicolai?

Don't know him personally, but his dealerships aren't exactly known for treating their customers fairly.  Go check out Cycle City, everything is marked up way over MSRP...I'm sure he's pocketed more than his fair share of returning GI's saved up combat pay.

When I first got here in '75, I seem to recall that JN Chevrolet was off limits because of the way they were screwing over service personnel with financing, etc.  

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5810 on: January 05, 2014, 03:34:38 AM »

When I first got here in '75, I seem to recall that JN Chevrolet was off limits because of the way they were screwing over service personnel with financing, etc.  

They were on the frowned upon list when I got there as well, in 2007.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5811 on: January 05, 2014, 10:55:53 AM »

I heard a rumor yesterday that South Seas Waipahu was closed.  Might just be a connection there. JN wouldn't need two Harley and two Kawasaki outlets.  What about the Triumph folks?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5812 on: January 05, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »

I heard a rumor yesterday that South Seas Waipahu was closed. 

That would suck.  I always liked the guys out in Waipahu FAR more than Bill and crew.  In all honesty, Will was the only person that kept the Honolulu shop worth going to after Chad left.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5813 on: January 05, 2014, 11:57:19 AM »

Wow, that would mean of the five motorbike shops in Honolulu, three would fall under the JN umbrella...Domenico's & Cycle Sport being the other two.  I've got a feeling that the price of Hondas, Ducs and Beemers is going up...you should be able to source a Yamaha from Domenico's...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5814 on: January 05, 2014, 03:30:14 PM »

Wow, that would mean of the five motorbike shops in Honolulu, three would fall under the JN umbrella...Domenico's & Cycle Sport being the other two.  I've got a feeling that the price of Hondas, Ducs and Beemers is going up...you should be able to source a Yamaha from Domenico's...

Yes..... but then one would have to deal with T.C.  Not the best deal either.  If the prices go up then that might create extra incentive to buy from the mainland.  So far as I know the prices on Kawasaki's and Aprilia's aren't outrageously high.  Marked up over mainland MSRP, that's true, but no higher than the South Seas markup from what I recall.  I shouldn't be looking at new Ducati's or new BMW's anyway.   Roll Eyes

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5815 on: January 05, 2014, 03:50:29 PM »

So, in a way, this leaves Montgomery Motors Powersports.  Got to root for Brandon, Kim & Laydon.    waytogo

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5816 on: January 05, 2014, 05:45:42 PM »

What the tree looked like before we started on it ........

Then after half a day of cutting .........

After a full day of cutting .......

And finally .......

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5817 on: January 05, 2014, 05:49:51 PM »

That thing must have provided all kinds of nice shade.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5818 on: January 05, 2014, 06:06:31 PM »

That thing must have provided all kinds of nice shade.

Give it six months to a year. It'll have all kinds of leaf cover again.  This was a potted Ficus tree that iived in an apartment living room in it's early years and was transplanted to the back yard after the house was built.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5819 on: January 05, 2014, 06:09:38 PM »

make the beast with two backs!  Seriously?

Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: