Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 02:23:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513990 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5835 on: January 24, 2014, 09:02:27 PM »

I was supposed to be, but the trip was cancelled.  The boom actually comes from me getting notification that my VA disability claim went through, and I got a 30% rating. 

Well that's cool, but how does that affect your job?

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #5836 on: January 24, 2014, 10:41:01 PM »

I was supposed to be, but the trip was cancelled.  The boom actually comes from me getting notification that my VA disability claim went through, and I got a 30% rating. 

Is that 30% disabled or 30% good?   And I assume there's some compensation that goes along with that, whatever that is?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5837 on: January 24, 2014, 10:46:21 PM »

Well that's cool, but how does that affect your job?

More than likely not one darned bit.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #5838 on: January 25, 2014, 05:11:28 AM »

30% disabled from the multiple lower back injuries and the broken/necrotic bone in my wrist.  It comes with a financial benefit of a (currently) $400 a month deposit into my checking account.  Nice thing about that is the fact that the money is tax free, and will be adjusted as the cost of living increases due it inflation. A rating of 30 or higher also becomes adjusted (increased) any time a vet has dependents, so if I ever get married again it turns into MO MONEY MO MONEY MO MONEY.  And there is an impact on the job on top of all that.  It's a good one though, as I'm working for the fed gov.  Having a service related disability grants you preferential points any time you compete for a government job, like promotions and what not.  So overall, it's a REALLY good thing.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5839 on: January 26, 2014, 04:15:35 PM »

Nice day for the Pro Bowl.   Roll Eyes

Got the TV mounted up on the wall in the garage.  Sat nights are going to take a new turn.  chug

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #5840 on: January 26, 2014, 04:22:17 PM »

Got wet... Angry

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5841 on: January 27, 2014, 08:30:18 AM »

Got wet... Angry

It's not looking real promising for next weekend either according to the weather folks.

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #5842 on: January 27, 2014, 02:26:34 PM »

Got wet... Angry

Undecided 
footdragger

« Reply #5843 on: January 28, 2014, 03:03:30 PM »

That would suck.  I always liked the guys out in Waipahu FAR more than Bill and crew.  In all honesty, Will was the only person that kept the Honolulu shop worth going to after Chad left.

Yeah I've had a bad experience with South Seas. Took in my bike because of electrical issues. They took about 4 months to diagnose the problem and finally found out that the fan relay wire was corroded. They replaced the fan relay, but the fan didn't kick in when I was riding it in stop and go traffic. Bike overheated because it was a faulty fan relay. I don't really trust the service department. They made a small scratch on my lower fairing which I noticed after I took it out of the dealership. Bike (848 evo) is about to be 2 years old in May (has about 3k miles) and I might need the belts replaced.

Anyone know a good independent mechanic who works on Ducatis? First post, came over from the ducati.org forum because it seems like the community is much more active here than over there.
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5844 on: January 28, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »

I wouldn't worry about the belts just yet **unless** you have some reason to worry beyond the mileage/age.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
footdragger

« Reply #5845 on: January 29, 2014, 02:03:32 PM »

Thanks for the reply, the manual says 2 years or 7,500 miles whichever comes first. I also think the humidity here would put more wear on the belts as well.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5846 on: January 29, 2014, 07:36:52 PM »

Thanks for the reply, the manual says 2 years or 7,500 miles whichever comes first. I also think the humidity here would put more wear on the belts as well.

Welcome over here!  I agree the Ducati.org is a bit slow and trying to do anything with those folks is worse than herding cats.  laughingdp

If your bike still has any kind of warranty remaining ( factory or extended ) then I recommend replacing the belts at 2 yrs without question.  If it's out of warranty then you could go three years but I wouldn't risk any longer than that. That's what I did with my old 848.

Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #5847 on: January 29, 2014, 11:07:53 PM »

Park your ass on it for another 100 hours or so before you change the belts.  The only way I would be concerned is if it sat idle for more than six months.  My guess is your current belts would be hard to tell from brand new.

T

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
footdragger

« Reply #5848 on: January 30, 2014, 01:05:36 PM »

Thanks Der and Ther.

The bike was purchased new on May 2012 so the 2 year warranty will run out in May of this year. I'm probably going to have them changed in 3 years (May 2015). Been reading the topic on different forums and supposedly the kevlar belts are more durable.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 01:44:35 PM by footdragger » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #5849 on: January 30, 2014, 07:12:52 PM »

Cool.

Have you considered getting an extended warranty for it?  I did and it was worth it.

Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: