Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 01:34:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513432 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6030 on: September 08, 2014, 02:22:21 PM »

So, pain & suffering on the new saddle??  Grin

It was great.  I've been riding on an Arione for years, and the fit guy wanted to get me on a Specialized Romin.  I ended up picking one up and I'm just not sure if I jive with it.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6031 on: September 08, 2014, 09:54:04 PM »

Rode on Ariones for years too. Still have a few of them around but now I went back to an Aliente. It's a little easier on the derriere but then I haven't gone on real long rides with it. I'll have to see as time & miles go by.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #6032 on: September 10, 2014, 06:09:14 PM »

Returned my Sidi Fusion boots today to RevZilla with Prepaid Return UPS ground shipping for $7.95 to PA.  It will be deducted from my refund.  Easy process and no hassle.  waytogo  I may need to get a size bigger or try a different brand.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6033 on: September 10, 2014, 06:44:23 PM »

Returned my Sidi Fusion boots today to RevZilla with Prepaid Return UPS ground shipping for $7.95 to PA.  It will be deducted from my refund.  Easy process and no hassle.  waytogo  I may need to get a size bigger or try a different brand.

Bummer...if I remember correctly Cycle Sports stocks Sidis, don't know if they have the Fusions in your size though...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #6034 on: September 19, 2014, 07:59:07 PM »

Aloha one and all. Montgomery Powersports stocked Sidi boots when I was on the island, but I don't know what they carry at the new showroom.

Rick- I hope all is healed now that the stitches are gone.

Cheers,
Majdi

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6035 on: September 19, 2014, 10:56:24 PM »

Aloha one and all. Montgomery Powersports stocked Sidi boots when I was on the island, but I don't know what they carry at the new showroom.

Rick- I hope all is healed now that the stitches are gone.

Cheers,
Majdi

MPS not so much anymore.    Healed but still a bit tender.  Thanks! I'm better off than Brandon.  laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6036 on: September 20, 2014, 07:26:05 PM »

Went down to the shop where MD checked the sag on my Triple, not perfect but in the ball park...also watched MD apply some pizzazz to his R...

On the way home just missed getting hit by a foul tip as I passed Radford HS's baseball field...ball hit in the lane next to me and then over my head, had me ducking...

sta

« Reply #6037 on: September 20, 2014, 10:52:08 PM »

Good duck!
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6038 on: September 29, 2014, 09:12:19 PM »

Ordered a pair of A-Stars GP Pros from Revzilla last week and they arrived this evening.  Cool looking black with the red race track motif.

Tried them on and they'll be going back...right glove is snug but feels as though it will break in, thumb on the left glove is about 3/8 too long and the pinkie is tight with a knot of threads or something inside at the tip.  Very disappointed...out of deference to our good friend Sta, I'll refrain from making a snide comment about them being Hecho en Chine... Grin

sta

« Reply #6039 on: October 01, 2014, 12:14:55 AM »

It's ok. Not all bad, not all good either.  I was made quite right.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6040 on: October 02, 2014, 08:47:49 AM »

Ordered a pair of A-Stars GP Pros from Revzilla last week and they arrived this evening.  Cool looking black with the red race track motif.

Tried them on and they'll be going back...right glove is snug but feels as though it will break in, thumb on the left glove is about 3/8 too long and the pinkie is tight with a knot of threads or something inside at the tip.  Very disappointed...out of deference to our good friend Sta, I'll refrain from making a snide comment about them being Hecho en Chine... Grin

So, are you having them send you another pair?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6041 on: October 02, 2014, 09:46:21 AM »

So, are you having them send you another pair?

Fingers were also a tad short, so per their recommendation I ordered a pair of Held EVO Thrux gloves which have longer fingers...not as nice as the A-Stars, but I'm looking for a good fit with good protection at this point...the other recommended brand was Rev'it

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-evo-thrux-gloves

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-jerez-gloves

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 09:54:05 AM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6042 on: October 02, 2014, 11:10:10 PM »

Fingers were also a tad short, so per their recommendation I ordered a pair of Held EVO Thrux gloves which have longer fingers...not as nice as the A-Stars, but I'm looking for a good fit with good protection at this point...the other recommended brand was Rev'it

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-evo-thrux-gloves

http://www.revzilla.com/product/revit-jerez-gloves

You would spend $300.00 on a pair of gloves?  I thought only I did that.  Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6043 on: October 02, 2014, 11:27:54 PM »

You would spend $300.00 on a pair of gloves?  I thought only I did that.  Grin

I bought the Helds, $160 shipped...for the record though, I'd spend $300 for a pair of gloves that fit and looked good.  The Helds are kinda stodgy, but then I guess that's what you get when you buy German... Roll Eyes

If they don't fit, here's another recommended option...

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/revit-slr-race-gloves

« Reply #6044 on: October 02, 2014, 11:59:31 PM »

those Rev'it SL gloves look like replica's of my A Star S1's
 Cool

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: