Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 01:44:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513439 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6045 on: October 03, 2014, 07:56:16 AM »

Let's hope the Helds work out.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6046 on: October 03, 2014, 03:42:33 PM »

Let's hope the Helds work out.

If they don't, Revzilla owes me one free exchange before I have to pay for return shipping... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6047 on: October 06, 2014, 08:54:24 PM »

Helds are here and will most likely be returned, thumbs are abnormally long and the insides have a couple of rough, irritating to the skin, seams ala the second to last pair of AGV Lagunas that I purchased...coincidentally they are both made in Pakistan.

Alas, I may have to try the near $300 REV'ITs after all...wonder where they are made?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6048 on: October 07, 2014, 02:45:38 AM »

What size do you wear in Helds?  Their higher end gloves are still made in Germany, and fir a little different I believe.  I've still got two sets of Phantoms.  One has a few blown out stitches from a crash, but I could send them down so you can try the sizing.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6049 on: October 07, 2014, 07:16:46 AM »

What size do you wear in Helds?  Their higher end gloves are still made in Germany, and fir a little different I believe.  I've still got two sets of Phantoms.  One has a few blown out stitches from a crash, but I could send them down so you can try the sizing.

Hey Ben...I've actually been thinking about the Phantoms, but there's no need to send yours down.  The Thrux EVO XLs fit good except for the thumbs, so I would just order that size....good to hear that they are made in the Fatherland.  Thanks for the offer.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6050 on: October 07, 2014, 08:42:08 AM »

Helds are here and will most likely be returned, thumbs are abnormally long and the insides have a couple of rough, irritating to the skin, seams ala the second to last pair of AGV Lagunas that I purchased...coincidentally they are both made in Pakistan.

Alas, I may have to try the near $300 REV'ITs after all...wonder where they are made?

My Alpine GP Techs are made in China, so I guess that's out.  How about Dainese or Kushitani?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6051 on: October 07, 2014, 10:37:18 AM »

My Alpine GP Techs are made in China, so I guess that's out.  How about Dainese or Kushitani?

I don't mind Hecho en Chine if they fit... Grin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:14:10 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6052 on: October 07, 2014, 12:01:01 PM »

Saw the Superferry today.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6053 on: October 07, 2014, 12:22:48 PM »

Saw the Superferry today.

Cool!...there's some talk of bringing it back... Huh?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6054 on: October 07, 2014, 12:26:16 PM »

Yeah?  It and its unpainted sister ship are sitting in Philly's navy yard district.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6055 on: October 07, 2014, 04:10:45 PM »

My Alpine GP Techs are made in China, so I guess that's out.  How about Dainese or Kushitani?

I think the problem with A-Stars for me is that the fingers are too short...my son has a pair of GP+ in an XXXL that fit my fingers, but the palms are too big.

I had a pair of Dainese Full Metal Pros that David S. swapped me for my AGVs that day...they fit nicely but soon had threads unraveling plus screws falling out of the metal knuckle protectors, that didn't impress me much. Plus they had an additional protective strip at the base of the fingers on the throttle hand that would bunch up and become very uncomfortable.

Never tried the Kushitanis, figured they were for short fingered guys... Wink
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 04:14:28 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6056 on: October 07, 2014, 04:31:50 PM »

If you've got "out of the norm" proportioned hands, look into helimot(spelling?).  I'm pretty sure they do affordable, custom sized gloves.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6057 on: October 07, 2014, 06:26:54 PM »

Their higher end gloves are still made in Germany.

The Held Titan Race gloves are made in Hungary, everything else is made wherever...per Revzilla, nothing made in Germany anymore...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6058 on: October 07, 2014, 11:12:53 PM »

I think the problem with A-Stars for me is that the fingers are too short...my son has a pair of GP+ in an XXXL that fit my fingers, but the palms are too big.

I had a pair of Dainese Full Metal Pros that David S. swapped me for my AGVs that day...they fit nicely but soon had threads unraveling plus screws falling out of the metal knuckle protectors, that didn't impress me much. Plus they had an additional protective strip at the base of the fingers on the throttle hand that would bunch up and become very uncomfortable.

Never tried the Kushitanis, figured they were for short fingered guys... Wink

Did you ever stop to think that it wasn't any of the glove sizings that were wrong but rather that you are the one with odd fingers/thumbs? ?   laughingdp     laughingdp        laughingdp

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6059 on: October 07, 2014, 11:37:59 PM »

Did you ever stop to think that it wasn't any of the glove sizings that were wrong but rather that you are the one with odd fingers/thumbs? ?   laughingdp     laughingdp        laughingdp

Lot's of times!...but then there are lot's of gloves out there that fit me just fine, i.e. the winter gloves I was issued in Navy boot camp, a pair of cold weather gloves I picked up at Cabellas's in N. Dakota, the pair of kevlar lined LEO gloves from the U.S. Customs uniform catalog, my current leather yard gloves, AGV Lagunas, Cortech Adrenalines, etc., etc... Kiss

edit:  add Craftsman and other brands' mechanics gloves to the list... Grin
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 08:47:28 AM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 402 403 [404] 405 406 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: