Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 09:35:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513320 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6090 on: December 22, 2014, 03:43:28 PM »

Actually, if it calls for 20-30mm sag and you were running 34, the fork was sprung too softly, allowing it to wallow in the travel too much.  That in itself could make the fork feel harsh, as the compression damping settings are too form for the spring rate, as you're running the spring softer than your weight should dictate.  In essence, the comp-damping is too firm because the spring is too soft. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6091 on: December 22, 2014, 05:26:32 PM »

Actually, if it calls for 20-30mm sag and you were running 34, the fork was sprung too softly, allowing it to wallow in the travel too much.  That in itself could make the fork feel harsh, as the compression damping settings are too form for the spring rate, as you're running the spring softer than your weight should dictate.  In essence, the comp-damping is too firm because the spring is too soft. 

Okay, after drawing it out on paper I see what you're saying, but the bike sure feels good to me...still firm, but less harsh on the freeway bumps and no wallowing or excessive brake dive when pushing it.  I guess I should revisit the front sag settings with Rick, rider sag was right in the middle of that recommended by Ohlins at 42mm, only the free sag was off at 34mm vs the recommended 15-30, and then work at getting the compression damping right.

Funny thing, when Sport Rider tested the bike they ran less fork preload and less comp/reb than the softest recommended by the factory...maybe that lightweight Kento was at the helm.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6092 on: January 10, 2015, 09:05:37 PM »

Fitted a Street Triple headlight bracket to the speedy this afternoon...lowers the headlight/flyscreen/instrument assembly a bit, making it look more integrated and the bike more streamlined.  Tomorrow's ride will give me a clue as to how it affects wind buffeting...

« Reply #6093 on: January 10, 2015, 09:11:00 PM »

How about some pics of bike with new screen, FP?

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6094 on: January 10, 2015, 11:21:31 PM »

How about some pics of bike with new screen, FP?

I'll try to get a couple up tomorrow.  Same screen & headlights, just in a lower position...if you didn't know it was done you'd probably miss it....

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6095 on: January 11, 2015, 08:19:11 AM »

...if you didn't know it was done you'd probably miss it....

Sometimes the subtle mods are the best ones.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6096 on: January 11, 2015, 06:22:10 PM »

Sometimes the subtle mods are the best ones.

and this one turned out to be a great one...looks better, more aggressive less clownish and the wind buffeting to my helmet is greatly reduced...yee haw!...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6097 on: January 15, 2015, 09:52:09 AM »

Edited to for a better before & after comparison...

Before...

After...

« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 05:57:54 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6098 on: January 15, 2015, 01:15:27 PM »

That tucked in nicely.  Slap some bar end mirrors on that puppy and it would look da biddness.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6099 on: January 15, 2015, 02:19:18 PM »

That tucked in nicely.  Slap some bar end mirrors on that puppy and it would look da biddness.

Thought about that, but with the recently installed wider than stock FatBar, it would look like a Texas Longhorn...like the SF did when I tried out bars ends several years ago....

« Reply #6100 on: January 15, 2015, 08:00:37 PM »

Very nice. 
 waytogo

My people skills are just fine.
It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6101 on: January 17, 2015, 09:46:27 AM »

Edited for a better before & after comparison...

Before...

After...

« Last Edit: January 17, 2015, 10:32:31 AM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6102 on: January 25, 2015, 05:23:04 PM »

Went for a hilly bike ride.

http://app.strava.com/activities/246229152

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6103 on: January 25, 2015, 06:56:09 PM »

In all that rain and crap weather?  Did you get your wine yesterday?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6104 on: January 25, 2015, 07:11:11 PM »

We didn't get rained on at all, just grit on the roads.  The ride today started, and ended, at a vineyard, so yes.  Vino!

Pages: 1 ... 405 406 [407] 408 409 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: