Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 12:17:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 512995 times)
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #6195 on: May 11, 2015, 06:04:44 PM »

The monster runs fine on 89.  I know that's a debate older than DMF itself with "experts" banging their drums in both camps.  The S4RS has more torque than I will ever need so if I'm off a % or two I wouldn't even notice

My lap time is a couple hours.  What's yours?

T

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6196 on: May 11, 2015, 07:03:58 PM »

I think the issue with the 4V motors and higher octane fuel is more due to the engines running a higher compression ratio, and the "need" for more octane to ensure reliable detonation.  It's especially important if you're running an ecu map with aggressive fueling.  Being at sea level negates some of that need, but...  The truly ironic bit is that adding ethanol to the fuel actually makes said fuel less efficient as an energy producing medium, and the ignition of said fuel less reliable.

As far as whether the tank will return to original shape by running pure gas exclusively; don't see that working as the tank has to be empty and dry in order for the already absorbed moisture to start evaporating from the nylon.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Thermite

It's not my brain that's getting fried here!

« Reply #6197 on: May 11, 2015, 08:50:40 PM »

Okay then.  89 Octane pure gasoline it is!  It will work well for me because I fill the boat from jerry cans and always have some leftover.  Also that system is dedicated to the 89 whereas the rest are all multi use hoses where you know the first quart at least is 87.  It's also the busiest fuel at the station so I'm sure it isn't sitting around in the tanks very long.

Any idea how long it will take for the tank shrink a bit?  Say, in my garage hanging upside-down, filler neck open at 217' above sea level.

'07 S4RS and '04 998 Matrix.  Because sometimes I feel like a monster, and sometimes I don't.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6198 on: May 17, 2015, 03:29:36 AM »

On my back home.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6199 on: May 17, 2015, 07:42:05 AM »

On my back home.

waytogo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6200 on: June 19, 2015, 08:20:19 AM »

Wheels are off & getting new rubber tomorrow.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6201 on: June 19, 2015, 06:31:22 PM »

Wheels are off & getting new rubber tomorrow.

You gonna have them scrubbed in for Sunday?... Evil

15899Pani

« Reply #6202 on: June 19, 2015, 10:36:56 PM »

What kind of rubbers did you get?  I am due for some as well.  Where did you get them and where are you having them installed?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6203 on: June 19, 2015, 11:29:01 PM »

What kind of rubbers did you get?  I am due for some as well.  Where did you get them and where are you having them installed?

Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa. The same tires that came with the bike.  I think they are crazy good. Wasn't much of a price difference between them and the Dunlop Qualifier 3's which were the only other tires I was considering. I had to special order them through Montgomery Motors Cycle Sports. Price includes installation.

I'll get them scrubbed in as much as I can.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6204 on: June 19, 2015, 11:34:41 PM »

Those tires are great!  I ran them on the SD for a while and they felt like they'd allow me to ride straight up a tree!!  Only down side was they didn't last all that long.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
15899Pani

« Reply #6205 on: June 19, 2015, 11:57:17 PM »

Right on, I like them but I am really wanting to try the supercorsasp v2 but not sure how long they will last me.  I have 4k on my current stock tires but they are totally fried.  :-)
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6206 on: June 20, 2015, 08:18:50 AM »

I got 5,000 miles out of mine.  Ask Gene how many miles he got out of the SuperCorsa's. Great tire in the dry though.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6207 on: June 20, 2015, 09:18:52 AM »

I am really wanting to try the supercorsasp v2 but not sure how long they will last me.  I have 4k on my current stock tires but they are totally fried.  :-)

The SPs were OE on my S3R, very sticky tire...I swapped mine out for Q3s at 3900 miles.  Note that I tend to be a smooth rider so that the 3900 miles included no wheelies, stoppies, burnouts, or tire spin ups when exiting corners...YRMV... Wink
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:39:44 AM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

15899Pani

« Reply #6208 on: June 21, 2015, 01:40:24 PM »

Right on.  I am thinking I will get 3kish.  I figure I had 1500 miles of break in on the stockers and these being s softer compound, I should end up around there.  Yeah, not much into the stunting either.  Maybe a few small wheelies once in awhile.  :-)  Haven't really ridden with many that can keep pace with me here.  I am pretty much stuck with diablo rosso corsa or supercorsa sp v2 due to traction control calibrations.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6209 on: June 21, 2015, 04:14:36 PM »

You lead next time.

Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: