Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 28, 2024, 03:34:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 479569 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6255 on: August 15, 2015, 07:14:26 AM »

Pushing a little over a hundred there for the next couple of days then it'll cool off to the mid nineties.

100 isn't bad at all down there.  It was 104 when I was out looking at houses.  I felt fine in jeans and a long sleeve dress shirt.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6256 on: August 15, 2015, 03:17:34 PM »

Whatever you do .......... do not upgrade to Windows 10
What version did you upgrade from?

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #6257 on: August 15, 2015, 09:20:02 PM »

Windows 8.1 I think.  The wireless connection dropped out after I installed a wireless printer on the home network.  Apparently this is a common problem and requires some registry editing.  We'll see................. popcorn

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6258 on: August 16, 2015, 06:08:25 PM »

Got it handled & all systems go at this point.   waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6259 on: August 25, 2015, 02:31:06 PM »

Got it handled & all systems go at this point.   waytogo

Not quite.  System auto reverted back to W10. Couldn't stop it but everything seems to work OK except for no touchscreen.  I talked to the GeekSquad folks on Sat. They want me to get a 8.1 system restore disc from HP and then they will wipe everything clean & do a fresh reload and install W10.  I spoke to HP support yesterday for an hour and a half and they want to try a remote connect Sat morning ( they will call me from the Philippines ) and think they can fix it without a restore disc.  I wonder if that's possible if files are corrupted like they seem to be.  We'll try and I'll have Gloria cuss them out if it all goes bad.  laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp  They say if that doesn't work then they will send me the restore disc.  I wish they would send the disc in the first place.   bang head  bang head  bang head

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6260 on: August 25, 2015, 04:27:12 PM »

I love my mac.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6261 on: August 27, 2015, 08:36:35 AM »

I love my mac.

My only complaint(s) with Mac is that they are really pricey. They have no touchscreen for the desktops & I can't run certain programs on them. My Mercedes electronic parts catalog doesn't work with their operating system. But I tell you what, with all the touchiness, weirdness of the W10 I could just say to hell with it.  For me it used to be six of one and a half dozen of the other. The only thing that made Apple better was the low rate of virus attacks. The Mac operating system was never, ever intuitive for me. Never really had big issues with the Microsoft operating systems until now.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 08:38:15 AM by MadDuck » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6262 on: August 27, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »

You can run windows natively (if you really need to) on any of the recent mac machines.  I've got XP (I think) loaded on my lap top, and used it for tuneecu.  You simply hold down the option key when starting the machine up, and it will ask you which OS you wish to use.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6263 on: August 27, 2015, 02:21:40 PM »

You can run windows natively (if you really need to) on any of the recent mac machines.  I've got XP (I think) loaded on my lap top, and used it for tuneecu.  You simply hold down the option key when starting the machine up, and it will ask you which OS you wish to use.

I am aware of that but have never really warmed to the idea.  Seems like an excessive & wasted use of memory to me to be having two operating systems on one machine. I may have to do that someday though if this crap continues.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #6264 on: August 27, 2015, 02:24:05 PM »

It doesn't run them simultaneously, at least not the way I'm talking about.  Bootcamp (holding the option key down during start up) will only run one OS.  VM ware makes an app that will run windows within a mac OS environment.  And yes, that's silly to me too. 

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6265 on: August 27, 2015, 09:45:56 PM »

I know they don't run simultaneously.  I had a guy working with me a couple of years ago that was showing me all of this.  Running both at one time would just be nuts. I don't even like that it has to take up the memory just to have it on hand. I'm kind of stupid and weird in that way. Have one machine run one and have another machine run the other one. Unless you are in a jam.............

ducpainter
The Often Hated
Flounder-Administrator
Post Whore

DILLIGAF

« Reply #6266 on: August 29, 2015, 09:12:32 AM »

An OS, or any process, that isn't running doesn't use 'memory'. It only takes up disc space which is pretty much irrelevant these days with the size of available drives.

Quit being stubborn. Grin

"Once you accept that a child on the autistic spectrum experiences the world in
 a completely different way than you, you will be open to understand how that
 perspective
    is even more amazing than yours."
    To realize the value of nine  months:
    Ask a mother who gave birth to a stillborn.
"Don't piss off old people The older we get, the less 'Life in Prison' is a deterrent.”

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6267 on: August 29, 2015, 10:49:25 AM »

An OS, or any process, that isn't running doesn't use 'memory'. It only takes up disc space which is pretty much irrelevant these days with the size of available drives.

Quit being stubborn. Grin

Stubborn is what I do!

Anyway I don' t seem to be getting anywhere with HP support so a change may happen soon.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #6268 on: August 29, 2015, 10:52:39 AM »

BTW.   Disc space is also memory but you're right.  I doubt that I would ever come close to using all of it.  I just think that when you spend good money for supposedly high zoot tech then it should work as advertised.  If they said buy it at your own risk, we're still in Beta with all of this stuff but it's for sale, then that's another thing.

I could easily end up selling this POS and take a loss on it to get a Mac desktop.  That still pees me off as I'm no great fan of Mac either and I just get the feeling that I'm being backed into the corner of choosing the least of evils.  Know what I mean...........
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 11:57:14 AM by MadDuck » Logged

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #6269 on: July 09, 2016, 04:43:33 PM »

Short ride on the Speedy this morning...did the usual windward stuff via the Pali, returned on H3.  Left with 8958 miles on the ODO returned with 9001. Oddly the Service Interval Indicator (wrench icon) came on during the ride, there is no service required at 9k miles for my bike...so I did my interim oil change, as was the plan, and called it a day... Smiley
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 04:50:18 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Pages: 1 ... 416 417 [418] 419 420 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: