Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 17, 2024, 12:24:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514438 times)
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #585 on: March 31, 2009, 09:08:59 AM »

good question... you could go to the say anything thd and ask that  Wink

I did make the beast with two backs all and loved it! well, not really. I'm still at work. and work both sides today. ghey.

Note to self.  4 drink limit before posting.   drink

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #586 on: March 31, 2009, 11:52:36 AM »

Boo having to wait!!   cheeky
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #587 on: March 31, 2009, 07:17:04 PM »

Remembered how much I liked Def Leppard (pre Pyromania).  Thanks in-dash cassette player!

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.2
« Reply #588 on: March 31, 2009, 09:39:58 PM »

Note to self.  4 drink limit before posting.   drink

4 drink minimum for certain thds...  Evil no worries
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #589 on: April 06, 2009, 11:09:19 PM »

I got the Monster finished last Saturday. Valves are all adjusted. Cam belts are replaced. New spark plugs. New battery.  Oil change coming up next weekend.

The best part was putting in a new rear shock spring. I got in touch with another Ohlins dealer after the first one kept telling me the old spring was proper. Dan Kyle Racing was the key. Dan looked at all the info I gave him off the original Ohlins spring and came right out with "that spring is too short". He set me up with one that is 10 mm longer and after going through all the sag numbers is two weight ranges stiffer as well.  Perfect, perfect, perfect. It has transformed the bike once again and the rear end works great now. No more rear end wobble. In fact now the back is so good I have to work on the front a bit. Oh well, not much really. That bike is getting darn close to superbike handling.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #590 on: April 07, 2009, 01:48:59 AM »

Good deal!!  Glad to hear that you got it back to where you are happy with it again.  And yes, I have heard nothing but great things regarding Dan Kyle.  Guys there really seem to know there stuff when it comes to bouncy bits.

But when are we going to get that more detailed ride report?  Wink  On a slightly related note to that, and to my pondering as to whether or not to try and get a whilte 1198: I found a GREAT deal on a barely used 1098S that is in DC, where I will be spending another week when I come out of the sandbox...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #591 on: April 07, 2009, 08:37:29 AM »

But when are we going to get that more detailed ride report?  Wink  On a slightly related note to that, and to my pondering as to whether or not to try and get a whilte 1198: I found a GREAT deal on a barely used 1098S that is in DC, where I will be spending another week when I come out of the sandbox...

The 1198 report will be posted in the next couple of days. I promise.  waytogo  The 1198 is going to be out of my price range for sure but I'm looking a lot harder at the possibility of an 848 or used 1098. I'm getting closer to getting a ride on the 848 to see how that goes. Maybe we could get a deal if we bought two at the same time. I'll get a white one and you get a red one. Then we'll swap out the body pieces so you can have the white w/red frame. How's that?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #592 on: April 07, 2009, 09:54:47 AM »

Are you talking about taking Anne's for a ride?  She asked me how to get in touch with you, and was offering to let you take her's out for an "extended" spin.  I hope you don't mind, but I gave her your email address.

The 1098S that I am looking at is black with the red frame.  It has less than two thousand miles on it and the guy said he wanted $16.5 for it, but would "quick sell" it to me for $15.5 if I could do it within the month.  I told him that I would have to wait until I come back through DC again in June/July, so who knows if the bike will still be around. 

Now as far as a possible 1198 goes...  If I get one it will be the white one.  The white body panels on the black frame/swingarm look so hot it should be unholy!  Wink 

Don't see myself entertaining the thought of buying from South Seas.  We all know that they most likely won't have the bikes in stock, so there isn't much of a chance on getting a deal from them.  BUT, there are quite a few dealers on the left coast that have them in stock, and I am sure they would be willing to work a deal for two bikes sold.  All we would have to do is get them shipped down.  Both of us have done that already, and it only hurts once... 
teddy037.2
« Reply #593 on: April 07, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »

Maybe we could get a deal if we bought two at the same time. I'll get a white one and you get a red one.

OMG! kawaii desu!!!!! Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #594 on: April 08, 2009, 08:30:24 AM »

Don't see myself entertaining the thought of buying from South Seas.  We all know that they most likely won't have the bikes in stock, so there isn't much of a chance on getting a deal from them.  BUT, there are quite a few dealers on the left coast that have them in stock, and I am sure they would be willing to work a deal for two bikes sold.  All we would have to do is get them shipped down.  Both of us have done that already, and it only hurts once... 

I understand completely. They are hard to work with but the changing economic climate might affect that. Might not either. As for stock, I'm pretty sure they still have the same two 848's on the showroom floor that were there before you left. There are rumors of still crated bikes in the back also. Of course I'd have to sell both of my bikes no matter which way I went on a deal for new or used. I wouldn't be opposed to shipping something here if the deal was right.

teddy037.2
« Reply #595 on: April 08, 2009, 07:09:18 PM »

let's see.... today I worked, paid a bill, and bummed internet (right now, in fact)

yep. so sweet.
DRKWNG
« Reply #596 on: April 08, 2009, 11:15:01 PM »

I understand completely. They are hard to work with but the changing economic climate might affect that. Might not either. As for stock, I'm pretty sure they still have the same two 848's on the showroom floor that were there before you left. There are rumors of still crated bikes in the back also. Of course I'd have to sell both of my bikes no matter which way I went on a deal for new or used. I wouldn't be opposed to shipping something here if the deal was right.

I think they shipped off one (if not both) of the two 848's that they had out on the floor before I left.  Shaun was telling me about a movie that was being filmed on the big island, and the Ducati wanted the two bikes for the filming.  There is always a decent chance of new ones in the back, and I would think a decent deal could be had on those, but...  I think I want that huge torque hit of the 1198 now.    Cheesy
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #597 on: April 09, 2009, 08:36:47 AM »

I don't know about any bikes going away for a movie but I do know that two 848's have been sitting in the back of the showroom for months. Nothing new there as some 999's were in the showroom for over a year before they were sold. The big torque hit of the 1198, or 1098 for that matter? Yes, I know of what you speak & I ponder that also. The 999 was great for that too but as wonderful as it is, sometimes (most of the time actually) you get the sense that the bike is way overkill. That's not necessarily a bad thing. Your SC puts out more torque than the 675 and that's one of the reasons that the SC is so much fun to ride. You can use the SC torque. The big boys are a little much for this island IMO and they're a bit of a handlfull in most of our corners. That's why I want to ride an 848 for a while to see how I like it. It'd have more torque than the Gixxer and would still have the boom-boom. Then again after having tasted the really big bore stuff it might pale. Who knows? If you want to set up our contact then go right ahead as the offer was also made to me last weekend but I don't know to get in touch other than showing up at certain rides. That'd work too so no worries either way.

DRKWNG
« Reply #598 on: April 09, 2009, 10:27:11 AM »

The big boys are a little much for this island IMO and they're a bit of a handlfull in most of our corners.

I agree that the 1098/1198 is most likely a bit much for Hawaii.  But the reason that I keep looking at that/those bikes is because even though I am going to put in for three more years there, I know I won't be there permanently and hopefully will end up back in Europe after that.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #599 on: April 12, 2009, 01:45:08 PM »

The Monster got it's oil changed yesterday. I'm going to do a slight mod to the clip-ons and raise the front just a bit. The rear is very stable now and the rear ride height was raised a bit so that, in turn, effectively dropped the front  shortening the trail. That shows up as a tiny bit of wiggle in the front when leaned over at 60 mph. Raising the front should fix that.

So, I'm going for it. Both bikes will be up for sale. Don't get me wrong, the Suzuki is an absolutely great bike but it doesn't kick my wheels like the Ducati does. If the Monster doesn't sell then so what. I'd be perfectly OK with that and would still be happy just modding away. I don't think the list ever stops.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: