Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 18, 2024, 02:38:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 514958 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #780 on: June 13, 2009, 08:10:16 AM »

Yea, that works if you fly mil-air.  But I work for one of the agencies, and am flying commercial out of Qatar.
teddy037.2
« Reply #781 on: June 13, 2009, 08:26:46 AM »

today we are fighting off a hangover, and a mild desire to just walk the make the beast with two backs out of here
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #782 on: June 13, 2009, 11:19:53 PM »

lessee ---- today I helped Craig install a Nichols flywheel in his girlfriend's 620. I was introduced to the job of removal/reinstallation of all fairings,including, the nose fairing of the 848/1198 series. Lots of bolts. Replaced my windscreen with a double bubble. Took the aftermarket rear sets off & installed the stock pegs. Also fixed my melted headlight bulb connector and have a hot-shit splice set up going to stock bulbs. --- Still need to aim those guys. Opened Ben's new care package and verified all needed parts to set the SC right had arrived. Then it was time to leave for mandatory Sat night smoke &  drink

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #783 on: June 13, 2009, 11:22:24 PM »

Sounds like a good time.  Thanks for looking into that box for me.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #784 on: June 14, 2009, 08:33:11 AM »

Sounds like a good time.  Thanks for looking into that box for me.

That box was awesome.  applause applause  You da man.   bow down bow down

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #785 on: June 14, 2009, 02:20:34 PM »

You retard, I meant doing all that work sounded like a good time.  Wink
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #786 on: June 14, 2009, 05:09:41 PM »

rode about 300 miles with a friend of mine today. good sightseeing ride through the tennessee/kentucky forest

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #787 on: June 14, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »

You can do 300 miles here, too.  You'll circle the island like 2.5 times, but you can do it.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #788 on: June 14, 2009, 05:32:50 PM »

You retard, I meant doing all that work sounded like a good time.  Wink

It was! WTF are you talking about? I was just refering to the fact that you have just taken over the "King of Mods" spot. I will feel honored just to be a part of putting those goodies on your bike. You should buy some disc bolts for the new wheel and just keep the old discs bolted up on the SC wire front wheel. In fact, I might go down and buy the bolts myself just to bolt up the discs in advance. You do know that wheel would fit on my 848, don't you? I might have to check that wheel out just to make sure there's no wobble or other defect. Then I could break in the front tire for you and you'd be good to go when you get back. How's that?  waytogo  [moto]
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:43:04 PM by mac900 » Logged

teddy037.2
« Reply #789 on: June 14, 2009, 05:59:53 PM »

huevos rancheros w/jebus

watch my boy be a hero on the way to double gold in his second regional tourney appearance

rehydrate

listen to some daft punk.

soon it'll be eats and laundry...
zzilla

« Reply #790 on: June 14, 2009, 07:06:21 PM »

You can do 300 miles here, too.  You'll circle the island like 2.5 times, but you can do it.

Sweet. maybe I can set a record on number of laps around the island in 24 hours or something.

-Gust Avrakotos
DRKWNG
« Reply #791 on: June 14, 2009, 08:21:23 PM »

It was! WTF are you talking about?

LOL  Sorry, thought you were getting a bit snarky there.  Wink

You do know that wheel would fit on my 848, don't you? I might have to check that wheel out just to make sure there's no wobble or other defect. Then I could break in the front tire for you and you'd be good to go when you get back. How's that?  waytogo  [moto]

That just wouldn't be right!  I still have a couple other things at the house for that bike, such as the steering damper and a revised air box cover.  All the guys I have talked to say that you don't need the damper with the speedymoto triples, due to their offset but we shall see.  In the event that I do want to use it, I will need to see if the clamp for the fork leg can be machined out a bit (are you reading this Teddy?) in order to fit the superbike forks.  From there, all I think it will need are some rear-sets and a slipper clutch.

Actually, now that I think of it, would you mind picking up some extra brake fluid for me and a bleeder kit?  The front brakes will have to be completely drained, filled and bled when we put the new calipers on and I just remembered that I don't have any kit to do it.  Looks like more free beer for you.  Wink
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:35:58 PM by DRKWNG » Logged
teddy037.2
« Reply #792 on: June 15, 2009, 08:10:14 AM »

Sweet. maybe I can set a record on number of laps around the island in 24 hours or something.

HOOLIGAN ISLE OF OAHU TT!!!!

Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #793 on: June 15, 2009, 08:44:50 AM »

Grin

If this guy only knew.......... Actually I kinda wouldn't mind doing a dawn patrol ride down the North Shore-Windward Coast (breakfast @ Brent's) but that means I might have to curtail my standard Sat. night activities.  Grin

zzilla

« Reply #794 on: June 15, 2009, 09:02:26 AM »

Grin

make the beast with two backs YEAH!...now all I need are some sponsors, and a gas card with a few hundred bucks.....

-Gust Avrakotos
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: