Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 15, 2024, 10:27:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 512973 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2008, 08:58:09 AM »

Actually this happened Thursday afternoon but it affects the upcoming Memorial Day weekend.  We shot out to Makapuu Point on the bikes (human powered kine) -- about a 23 mile roundtrip afterwork and managed an 18 mph total average (which takes into account climing up the road to Hanauma Bay and up to Makapuu Lookout.  We also caught the rain from Aina Haina in to the van at Kahala. We were averaging 21 mph in the rain and near darkness. Water fricking flying everywhere, literally pouring out of the shoes when we stopped. Depending on how my boss's physical consultation goes today we may be riding again this weekend sometime.

So I'll let youse guys know. I wouldn't mind doing some mod work tomorrow afternoon and doing the breakfast run Sunday morning.

All biking good. More. More. More.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2008, 01:20:55 PM »

boo on rework.

at least I've still got ten to goof off, then it's time to earn my money... again...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2008, 06:53:08 PM »

Well hell, another afternoon shot.  I did get the front brake caliper rebuilt on the Harley.  We got the air bled out of the system but still couldn't get a good lever.  My friend says "no problem" the master cylinder  has been going out for a long time so I have a master rebuild kit".  We finally get the master off (mind you this is a 24 year bike that only sees service when it needs it) --- master cylinder apart and lo & behold it's the wrong rebuild kit. This after getting wrong front pads and caliper seals last week made us get the proper parts for this weekend's work. So.... parts are on order again and the bike is sitting in the corner once more.

Then I had to help look at an Evinrude "divemaster", a floating air compressor that feeds two air lines to two divers. Fortunately it works well enough that I didn't have to get hands on but rather could just offer comments about how to test & reroute the air snorkels.

No bicycle riding today. Too many beers last night for that. I don't feel bad at all but I don't feel like going out for a 30 mile bust butt ride either. Off to the market & other chores that I normally do first thing on Sun morn.

I check back in a couple or so hours from now.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2008, 09:43:55 PM »

work!

drink!

and more drink! only at home this time... and with lemon bars... yum yum.
DRKWNG
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2008, 10:41:44 PM »

work!

drink!

and more drink! only at home this time... and with lemon bars... yum yum.

DUDE!!  Bring me some lemon bars!  Wink
teddy037.2
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2008, 10:43:21 PM »

DUDE!!  Bring me some lemon bars!  Wink

sorry, my son. they were clearly labelled: "for teddy"

ask tristan  cheeky if you don't believe me.

of course, I don't know what to do w/so many damn lemon bars... 'cept for gorge myself on them!!! hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa
DRKWNG
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2008, 10:44:04 PM »

pregnant dog!  And here I was about to offer you some barley wine as a trade...
teddy037.2
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2008, 10:45:29 PM »

whose barley wine?

I do have a LOT of spare lemon bars....
DRKWNG
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2008, 10:47:01 PM »

Well, seeing how it is in my fridge I guess it's mine.  Cheesy

Actually, it's Sierra Nevada Bigfoot.   drink
teddy037.2
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2008, 10:49:07 PM »

the bigfoot is good stuff.

I'll keep the lemon bars, thanks.  Wink
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2008, 10:05:56 PM »

Just after I got home today Gloria got back from the cemetery where her folks are. Then we caught one of the late matinees of Indiana Jones. Pretty good, much better than I expected from reading the reviews and hearing other peoples comments.  Michael is way too picky about the authenticity factor of the Harley. If you're a true blue dyed in the wool Harley fanatic you could make some comments but for 99.9% of the folks it works pretty good. The movie, as a whole, worked for me. It might even be the second best one made, at least on par with, what was it?, the Last Crusade. The Temple of Doom was the worst one by far.

DRKWNG
« Reply #71 on: May 26, 2008, 05:38:09 PM »

Ended up doing a lap today after splitting off from Tristan.  Traffic wasn't bad at all once I got past Waimaia (spelling) valley and the scenery was fabulous!!  Ended up down at the bike factory after the ride to get some of those elastomer inserts that I was talking about.  They had them, but now I seem to have thwarted by those dastardly wicked people at Triumph who spec'd the Daytona with Ben proof bar-end weights...  Sad
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #72 on: May 29, 2008, 10:37:47 PM »

I had to go back to TOB to check on this.  My triple 9 has been officially broken for a month now.  I know by some standards that isn't long. But still......      I end up watching YouTube 999 videos before I go to bed at night just to remind myself of what it sounds like.  Cracks me up..... I end up having motorcycle dreams and I don't ever recall dreaming of bikes before. What a nutcase.  Roll Eyes

DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #73 on: May 29, 2008, 11:00:59 PM »

I had to go back to TOB to check on this.  My triple 9 has been officially broken for a month now.  I know by some standards that isn't long. But still......      I end up watching YouTube 999 videos before I go to bed at night just to remind myself of what it sounds like.  Cracks me up..... I end up having motorcycle dreams and I don't ever recall dreaming of bikes before. What a nutcase.  Roll Eyes
I know exactly how you feel. Remember I had that phone conversation with you last September, and it wasn't until Thanksgiving that my bike was running again.  Undecided
I was having serious withdrawals, was looking at craigslist everyday for a Honda or something for a temporary bike, started to go cuckoo.  [moto]

edit:
I was also looking at youtube 999 vids every night haha must be some kind of symptom of somethin

DRKWNG
« Reply #74 on: May 29, 2008, 11:55:07 PM »

Any idea of when yours will be sorted?

I actually met a guy (on the Daytona forum no less) that has a red 675 and works in my building!!  Trying to talk him into coming out with us some time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: