Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 10:17:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534206 times)
DRKWNG
« Reply #1200 on: October 16, 2009, 08:36:13 PM »

What did I do today?  Continued loving my new job making the world a safer place.  And then lamented on my inability to make several significant decisions...
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #1201 on: October 17, 2009, 09:50:09 PM »

rode up to north shore for a taco... and it kind of sucked. 90+ miles from makaha to haleiwa for some really good tacos just to find out that they sucked. oh well at least i got to do some riding

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1202 on: October 17, 2009, 09:54:41 PM »

^ that sucks.

I dropped off the trumpet to its new owner today. Sure hope he treats it well...
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #1203 on: October 17, 2009, 10:11:20 PM »

yeah id hate to read about it in the paper. i sold one of my Zs a few years back and the fist week the girl had it she hit a concrete telephone pole... she lived, the Z didnt... i almost wished it went the other way... almost

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1204 on: October 17, 2009, 11:06:21 PM »

I spent the afternoon getting new rubber on the 848 after a very nasty shard punctured the rear tire on H3. 5 hours total time down waiting for a tow, then getting both wheels off and down to a local shop for the change over and back on the bike. That sucked the life out of any minor modding for a while. Life goes on.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #1205 on: October 18, 2009, 12:16:55 AM »

I spent the afternoon getting new rubber on the 848 after a very nasty shard punctured the rear tire on H3. 5 hours total time down waiting for a tow, then getting both wheels off and down to a local shop for the change over and back on the bike. That sucked the life out of any minor modding for a while. Life goes on.

wait a sec... you didnt get new rubber from south seas did you? not in the same day? i had to wait over a week just for my rear tire... how did you get yours so fast?

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1206 on: October 18, 2009, 07:04:54 AM »

South Seas didn't have the Dragon Supercorsa Pro in stock. They were the first shop I called and the closest to where I was stranded. Believe me I would have much preferred to have just a new Pirelli rear tire rather than put a set of Pilot Powers on, which is what I did. From now on, should such an occasion arise again, it looks like I may have the option of buying just one tire as the Michelins are available more often than not.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1207 on: October 18, 2009, 07:59:16 AM »

From now on, should such an occasion arise again, it looks like I may have the option of buying just one tire as the Michelins are available more often than not.

This.  Plus, I think the michelins are a bit more predictable than the Dragons.  I got used to the Dragons quick enough on the Daytona, but they seemed to take a little longer to get warm and were a little easier to get thrown off line while they were still cool.  YMMV...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1208 on: October 18, 2009, 08:35:22 AM »

rode up to north shore for a taco... and it kind of sucked. 90+ miles from makaha to haleiwa for some really good tacos just to find out that they sucked. oh well at least i got to do some riding

I can't think of any good tacos in Haleiwa.  A little closer to you is Diegos in Pearl City - if you like street style tacos, they are your best bet. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #1209 on: October 18, 2009, 08:45:57 AM »

Mmmmm...  Street meat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1210 on: October 18, 2009, 10:33:40 AM »

Mmmmm...  Street meat.
You are, I'm afraid, thinking of something very different.   vomit

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #1211 on: October 18, 2009, 02:16:19 PM »

I can't think of any good tacos in Haleiwa.  A little closer to you is Diegos in Pearl City - if you like street style tacos, they are your best bet. 

where is it at in pearl city? ill have to check it out.

also went riding with the gf today around kapolei... between her safety and the safety of her monster i was a bundle of nerves. not that she is a bad rider
its just well... i dont know if ill ever like the idea of her riding the way a  monster should be ridden. i keep wanting to tell her to slow down... even though she is doing the speed limit lol

DRKWNG
« Reply #1212 on: October 18, 2009, 03:27:42 PM »

Dude, all I can say is you should be glad your SO rides.  Makes justifying mod money so much easier if they feel the passion too.
teddy037.2
« Reply #1213 on: October 19, 2009, 07:09:29 AM »

where is it at in pearl city? ill have to check it out.

on kam, eastbound, before you hit the sears dist. center/H1 underpass. it's next to a pizza joint, and (idk if it's still there) a taw kwon do studio

there's also one in town, near UHM, on... king st?

where'd you go in haleiwa? cholo's? or that killer tacos place?

wahiawa has a lil'mexi place that lays the PWN4G3 on cholo's
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #1214 on: October 19, 2009, 07:52:08 AM »

New Taco joint called Serg's Mexican Kitchen on Manoa has, by far, the best street style tacos on the island.  I grew up in LA and have been looking for good Taqueria style tacos. My search is over.  They have carnitas, carne asada, fish, chorizo, al pastor, and chicken.  Also not to be missed is their Flauta.  It is huge, and deliciious!

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: