Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 28, 2024, 12:20:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534260 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #1245 on: October 25, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »

today... get a wake-up call from work.

work.

miss hockey.

start laundry, sell moto gear.

get interupt-your-laundry call from work.

w00t.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1246 on: October 25, 2009, 09:12:50 PM »

So there I was, enjoying a Saturday evening with a couple of beers & a cigar when the boys show up from an afternoon of flying ultralights.  Seems that one of them, who was flying with an engine for the first time, had narrowly escaped disaster. It was decided that we go out for Mexican food and drink to watch the digital replay of the event.  Then it was back home for more drink.  As things happen when there is excess there was exuberance of testosterone and stupid games among 50+ year old men acting like they were 20. One of my best buddies, but not Walter in this case, slipped on a wet, grassy slope, crashing & burning. Broken collerbone in three places.

An ambulance was called but cancelled as it was voted that I drive him to emergency. So there I was rolling up the hospital at midnight, no phone, no licence on me and certainly not in any condition to be there. Plus there were cops there as that's where cops tend to be. Good times.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1247 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:22 PM »

lol  Sounds festive to be sure!  Sure hope you didn't get nicked for being behind the wheel.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1248 on: October 25, 2009, 09:55:07 PM »

lol  Sounds festive to be sure!  Sure hope you didn't get nicked for being behind the wheel.

Nope. I was lucky but then again I was a bit rough this morning. Hence no riding motorcycles today as I would have been behind the ball instead of in front.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #1249 on: October 25, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »

No worries, we didn't do any accelerated riding today. Seems that Emile, Lester and such had their own run in with the law yesterday, so they were laying low.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1250 on: October 25, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

No worries, we didn't do any accelerated riding today. Seems that Emile, Lester and such had their own run in with the law yesterday, so they were laying low.

Details? Where? How fast?

DRKWNG
« Reply #1251 on: October 25, 2009, 10:24:23 PM »

They were on the Pali and followed by an un-marked car from 13-turns, over the top and back down.  Car radio'd in that they were speeding excessively, weaving in and out of traffic and so forth.  They pulled off at the scenic overlook near the bottom and were greeted by a uniform car.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1252 on: October 26, 2009, 07:20:45 AM »

OUCH!

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1253 on: October 26, 2009, 02:27:20 PM »

Cruised around San Diego, Coronado Island and Imperial Beach today with my daughter's SO, he on his Heritage Softail and me on his KTM 520 SM conversion... [moto]...was hilarious watching him hang off the Harley on the freeway onramps, never saw anyone do that before...beautiful weather, great day!

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Brutale
Have you seen my Titianium member?

« Reply #1254 on: October 26, 2009, 06:22:24 PM »

Got my H1N1 shot today...gotta love being a "1st responder"   Police

'07 Sport 1000, Black, slightly modded
DRKWNG
« Reply #1255 on: October 26, 2009, 07:19:51 PM »

Alex and I are splitting.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1256 on: October 26, 2009, 08:33:12 PM »

Got my H1N1 shot today...gotta love being a "1st responder"   Police

I was offered that today and politely turned it down.  I'm sure next time it will be a demand.
Alex and I are splitting.

Umm, ouch.  It seems to be in the air around me.  Oof, maybe it's my fault....

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.2
« Reply #1257 on: October 26, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »

whoa, hey, wtf?

I was going to make a joke about just getting an email from a chick about the chick bike being FS, and ben's post just totally killed my buzz

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #1258 on: October 26, 2009, 08:50:57 PM »

Yeah, no kidding Ben!  Depressing posts are Teddy's and, to a lesser extent, my domain!

But seriously, how can your moto-budddies be of assistance?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
teddy037.2
« Reply #1259 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »

But seriously, how can your moto-budddies be of assistance?

I vote for a boozer!

maybe that's because I'm already drinkin, and listening to country music.

but we should really tie one one, I think.  hell, I'll open something nice for the boy
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: