Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 02:49:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513095 times)
teddy037.2
« Reply #120 on: June 01, 2008, 04:41:04 PM »

good point. but is also important for the details to be recorded in the appropriate thd  Grin since I am trying something new.
DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #121 on: June 01, 2008, 11:11:29 PM »

GF is in Vegas until tomorrow. Had the house to myself, so it was a kinda boring Saturday night, till my friend says he has an extra ticket to see Back in Black (AC/DC tribute band) at Pipeline. Cool.

Was a great concert, got really close to the stage. AND luckily I brought my earplugs, so I was one of the few who could actually still hear afterward.  [moto]

MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2008, 10:24:38 PM »

We had a bar-b-que Sunday eve for a friend returning from Iraq.  Spent the day cleaning bikes. Heard a bunch of bikes go by on the road so I got the Seven out and rode up to the parking lot. Nope. Not a one of our gang in the broadest sense. Almost all R1's.

One of my buddy's had an XKE at the party.  Parking brake, or something,  wasn't set right and after 30 to 40 minutes of sitting it decided to roll downhill into the front of a Chevy van.  Total victory to the Chevy. I bet total loss to the E type. It is excruciatingly painful to look at. No hood, no head lights, no radiator, and I wonder if the frame is still straight.  Cry Cry

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2008, 11:24:17 PM »

Alex and I just got back from seeing Ironman.  Have to say that I really enjoyed it.  All except for the guy in the back row getting a blow job during the film...

One of my buddy's had an XKE at the party.  Parking brake, or something,  wasn't set right and after 30 to 40 minutes of sitting it decided to roll downhill into the front of a Chevy van.  Total victory to the Chevy. I bet total loss to the E type. It is excruciatingly painful to look at. No hood, no head lights, no radiator, and I wonder if the frame is still straight.  Cry Cry

That makes me incredibly sad to hear.  I love the way the older E Types looked!  One of the all time classic cars to come out of England.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #124 on: June 04, 2008, 12:51:38 AM »

Alex and I just got back from seeing Ironman.  Have to say that I really enjoyed it.  All except for the guy in the back row getting a blow job during the film...

umm, ew.  That's when you 'accidentally' spill your soda on the giver.  What are they gonna do, go to management?  "I was fellating my boyfriend when this JERK spilled his soda on my head"  Grin

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #125 on: June 04, 2008, 01:07:44 AM »

Wow, I must really be coming down with Teddyitus.  My stomach is a wreck, and now I can't sleep. That's not cool at all.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #126 on: June 04, 2008, 08:42:39 AM »

That makes me incredibly sad to hear.  I love the way the older E Types looked!  One of the all time classic cars to come out of England.

Slow night in the theater? Sound turned down? It was kind of a noisy movie.  waytogo  I didn't know that sort of thing still went on.  popcorn

Out of England? Sure, but come on.... one of the all time classic cars PERIOD! Timeless styling that one.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #127 on: June 05, 2008, 06:39:40 AM »

Out of England? Sure, but come on.... one of the all time classic cars PERIOD! Timeless styling that one.

WTF are you talking about Mac?  That E Type has nothing on a mid '60s Nash Rambler, or the ever popular AMC Pacer!  What's wrong with you people? 

Grin

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #128 on: June 05, 2008, 08:27:27 AM »

WTF are you talking about Mac?  That E Type has nothing on a mid '60s Nash Rambler, or the ever popular AMC Pacer!  What's wrong with you people? 

Grin

I liked the Pacer.

DRKWNG
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2008, 10:24:44 PM »

Did a couple of passes through snake road and then through Mililani Tech park today on the Daytona.  Then picked up Alex from work, took a scenic drive with the top down and ended things with a really nice sushi dinner. 

Now I'm going to work a couple of coats of wax on the Monster and make it all shiny...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2008, 10:28:53 PM »

What is this shiny you speak of?  I don't think my bike was shiny even when I picked it up. I'm fairly certain the dirt helps hold the whole thing together.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #131 on: June 07, 2008, 10:35:38 PM »

After a late breakfast this morning I resealed the front master cylinder on the FLHS.  It refuses to bleed properly and we can get no lever pumping --- sometimes it pumps lots of fluid and air out then all of a sudden not much happens and the lever never even hints at getting firm. Spent over two frustrating hours with it and gave up. Will try a new method tomorrow sometime after our ride. bang head bang head

Went down to South Seas and paid a visit to my 999.  Missed it and pictures don't do it justice.

Looked at some CBR1000's. The black HM "S" is still there.  Stopped by Cycle City. No Aprilia Factory Mille R there. Looked at Kawi 600's and their liter bike.  The Buell 1125 is flat out ugly. Worse in real life than in the pictures.  Went over to Cycle Sports and eye'd the GSXR 600. The white one is a girls bike, the blue one is kind of gay with that blue seat and all. That leaves the black one.  You know what? None of all those bikes look as good as a 675......... But my bike looks better  laughingdp

Came home and did a 20 miler on the Pegoretti. Ah, Italian bikes.

I feel all better now.

teddy037.2
« Reply #132 on: June 07, 2008, 10:39:10 PM »

was three hours late to work and spent an entirely wasteful rest of my day watching another guy work. bang head

gee. I hope 2nd shift finished up that job we had. it's be a damn shame if the GF tries to call me tomorrow.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #133 on: June 07, 2008, 10:56:16 PM »

gee. I hope 2nd shift finished up that job we had. it's be a damn shame if the GF tries to call me tomorrow.

Yupper.  Maybe I'll wait until later in the day to pass that phone on to you  Grin

DRKWNG
« Reply #134 on: June 07, 2008, 11:49:30 PM »

After a late breakfast this morning I resealed the front master cylinder on the FLHS.  It refuses to bleed properly and we can get no lever pumping --- sometimes it pumps lots of fluid and air out then all of a sudden not much happens and the lever never even hints at getting firm. Spent over two frustrating hours with it and gave up. bang head bang head

He should just get rid of the damn thing!

Stopped by Cycle City. No Aprilia Factory Mille R there.

Shame, guess they sold it.  That thing was one hell of a good looking bike!!

But my bike looks better  laughingdp

Don't hate!!

Came home and did a 20 miler on the Pegoretti. Ah, Italian bikes.

I feel all better now.

It's amazing how therapeutic bike riding can be.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: