Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 03, 2024, 07:15:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536718 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3165 on: November 06, 2010, 07:46:28 PM »

No sweat.  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
jabuan

11 M796

« Reply #3166 on: November 07, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »

solo run on tantalus / round top. a little wet and dirty at the top, but the rest was dry. the monster was quite happy to be in the twisties today. heheheeh

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Sir Winston Leonard Spenser Churchill
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3167 on: November 11, 2010, 06:34:49 PM »

Ordered struts for my wife's car from Tirerack today, even with shipping they beat Checker's price by $150...too bad they don't sell Duc parts...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3168 on: November 12, 2010, 06:43:24 PM »

Cleaned the SF, also checked/adjusted air pressures, topped off the oil and checked the coolant level...ready to rock n roll... Grin

DRKWNG
« Reply #3169 on: November 13, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »

Took the Seven for a spin down to Mt Vernon. 

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3170 on: November 13, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »

I think that's more mileage than you put on it your entire time in HI   cheeky

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #3171 on: November 13, 2010, 04:53:54 PM »

Close.  The bikes didn't see much use down there at all... 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3172 on: November 13, 2010, 07:00:28 PM »

Took the monthly Ducati group (such that it was) up to the North Shore and back to Kaneohe/Town ....... shortened my modified baffles ... I think I got the right noise now ... heading out for a small celebration with some Sierra Anniversary Ales and some Opus X.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3173 on: November 13, 2010, 07:12:48 PM »

heading out for a small celebration with some Sierra Anniversary Ales and some Opus X.

Cool.  Laughn and I went and had some outstanding steaks at a spot up near his new place.  Came home, got the laser pointer out and ran D around in circles as I had a glass of bourbon and a Padron 1964 Anniversary. 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3174 on: November 14, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »

I borrowed the Hypermotard this afternoon and went for a ride with the boss around Tantalus. Tantalus was actually pretty nice with only a few damp spots and lots of dry corners. Took it easy for him as this was his third time on the M620. I figure in terms of effort that I was running about 30% or so. We got down and ran up the Pali but it looked a bit rainy at the top so we cut off up where the Old Pali Road comes out and went back down it. That was very wet and lots of leaves so we took it real easy. Got back down to Queens Hospital and stopped. I asked him if he wanted to go out towards Hawaii Kai and I thought he said OK.

Then he tells me that going up wasn't too bad but coming down was a lot harder and now he knew why it was so easy for him to catch motorcycles on his bicycle when coming downhill. He's done that in the Alps and also on Tantalus. I chuckled a bit and said that was all well and good but it depended on the motorcycle and the rider.

He proceeds to tell me he could catch me on his bicycle. I said to him, "You think you could catch me on this?"  and I point to the Hyper.  He says no problem.

laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp  laughingdp

Anyway we must have got our signals crossed because when I pulled over to make a U turn and head back to Vineyard and the freeway on ramp going east he waved and kept on riding back towards the shop.  Oh well.......

It was actually drier at the top of the Pali than when we went up earlier......that is until I got out of the tunnels on the Windward side.  It was dry just coming out of the tunnels but there was a wall of water sitting out there and you couldn't see anything of except the rain. I stopped at the first emergency run off and put everything I had into plastic bags in my pocket. Then took off down the hill. The rain hit at the traffic light and within 5 seconds I was completely and thoroughly soaked. Everything is still on hangers.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3175 on: November 15, 2010, 06:05:26 PM »

That's a damn shame - I really wanted to know the outcome of the bike/motorbike downhill twisty race.  Perhaps another day?

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3176 on: November 15, 2010, 09:20:34 PM »

Another day for sure.  I'll even make it easier on him and I'll use the 848. There's no other bike that I've ridden that I can corner faster up there than the Hypermotard. Not even Ben's SD and it was pretty impressive.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3177 on: November 18, 2010, 06:22:35 PM »

Installed an aftermarket horn on the SF today...not a huge noise maker, but louder than stock with a deeper tone...

whackie

« Reply #3178 on: November 19, 2010, 04:00:29 PM »

a friend has the nautilus horn installed on his bike. funny to watch ppl jump when he blows it.
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3179 on: November 19, 2010, 04:55:03 PM »

painted another safe... and found that its hard to take pride in your work when your boss is telling you to half ass the prep work.

the bastard wants a car show quality paint job but dont want to pay me to sand and primer
well at least its all one color

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: