Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 06:24:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536452 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3360 on: January 16, 2011, 07:40:38 PM »

Did the oil change for the 848 yesterday and then took it down to SS for the 2 year service & cam belt replacement. Then back to the shop to tackle an oil filter housing reseal on the 240D ---- got down to the last bolt holding the housing in and then realized that I have to take the steering gearbox out to get the oil filter housing out. One bolt cannot come out because the steering box is in the way. I was in denial for two hours getting to that point thinking that I didn't have to remove that one bolt but noooooooo............ So I put it all back together.  bang head
Next week.

Went down to the shop today to have a look at my old Monster. The float needles had let go and filled up the cylinders & the entire crankcase with gas. Almost a whole tank worth of gas. Crazy.  I drained everything and cranked over the engine by hand. Seems to be OK but we won't know for sure until the needles are replaced and we get the thing started again. The new owner, or someone, has also managed to strip the vertical cylinder spark plug and the chain hasn't seen any lube in over a year.   Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3361 on: January 16, 2011, 08:54:16 PM »

When do you pick up the 848, and did you supply your own belts?

Today's ride was a two Duc affair...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3362 on: January 16, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »

When do you pick up the 848, and did you supply your own belts?

Today's ride was a two Duc affair...

I'll pick it up next Sat or before, depending.  I bought the cam belts from SS a few weeks ago and gave them to Shawn/Will to install.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #3363 on: January 18, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »

Yesterday...

I washed my bike, cleaned/lubed chain, and tried to take a look at the rear break actuator.  From my ride with Gene on Sunday, Gene noticed my break light stays on even when I am not breaking.  I am not sure how much rebound the actuator should do after  i release the rear break, but it doesn't seem to do much.  Any ideas?  Oh, it was definitely the rear break causing the light to stay on, as it works intermittently.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3364 on: January 18, 2011, 10:41:10 PM »

If I may offer some advice.... This can be caused by a brake switch problem and possibly not so much as the brake master cylinder, or brake linkage to the master (what you seem to be calling the actuator) and switch. It is super easy to diagnose and repair. I'll definitely be at the shop on Sat, for sure, so please drop by and we'll sort you out and point you in the right direction, if you want to that  is.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 10:49:21 PM by mac900 » Logged

sta

« Reply #3365 on: January 18, 2011, 11:41:02 PM »

Much appreciated.  I will come by Saturday.  Any preference on the time?  I don't want to interfere with your existing plans.
DRKWNG
« Reply #3366 on: January 19, 2011, 03:04:17 AM »

Much appreciated.  I will come by Saturday.  Any preference on the time?  I don't want to interfere with your existing plans.

No such thing as a Saturday plan at BME.  It's one of the more random events you'll ever witness.   Wink
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3367 on: January 19, 2011, 08:43:39 AM »

No such thing as a Saturday plan at BME.  It's one of the more random events you'll ever witness.   Wink

No shit.  Somewhere in the early afternoon ought to be OK, maybe, possibly..........

As long as I'm home by 6 or 7 o'clock for beers, cigars & jazz then it's all good.

sta

« Reply #3368 on: January 19, 2011, 10:30:45 AM »

No shit.  Somewhere in the early afternoon ought to be OK, maybe, possibly..........

As long as I'm home by 6 or 7 o'clock for beers, cigars & jazz then it's all good.

Ah... got it.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3369 on: January 19, 2011, 12:00:18 PM »

I should be there to join the fun, which hopefully includes a short ride...autocrossing on Sunday again...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3370 on: January 20, 2011, 11:05:59 AM »

Took the SF in to the dealer this morning for fuel tank replacement...Will is also going to install a DP ECU and set the TPS, sync the TBs, etc... Evil
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:08:42 AM by Gene V » Logged

DRKWNG
« Reply #3371 on: January 20, 2011, 01:51:24 PM »

Got a bunch of  Magpul goodness in the mail today.   waytogo
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3372 on: January 20, 2011, 10:55:44 PM »

Got a care package from Dan Kyle today. More stuff to come soon.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3373 on: January 20, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »

Hence the user name change?...

DRKWNG
« Reply #3374 on: January 21, 2011, 03:04:32 AM »

Hence the user name change?...

Nah, that's more to go along with his new avatar, which is also the tattoo (on his ass) that Gloria talked him into getting. 
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: