Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 02, 2024, 04:18:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 536163 times)
whackie

« Reply #3570 on: March 08, 2011, 03:06:05 PM »

No no, that's been done before. I was more hinting that you should strip the bike down and powdercoat the swingarm to color match the finish on the trellis frame.  Actually, won't Anne have a spare swingarm laying around as soon as that black one goes on?   Evil

yep, there will be another one lying around after the install. but the guy that's been helping the hubby will probably get his done next. either that or he'll take the swing arm now... i'm no hurry, lol.

A gold Ohlins would look fantastic with that. If you can't do that then at least get a proper rate rear spring. Motowheels had good deals. You will be amazed.

originally i was thinking to do that since the whole back end would be apart. but with the house purchase right now, i'm trying to hold off on buying goodies.   Roll Eyes

had the swing arm since last august, so i'm just glad it's getting done.
canes

High number of post, Does not = a high IQ

« Reply #3571 on: March 08, 2011, 03:17:15 PM »

If anyone needs any help with there Ohlins advice or ordering Im a Ohlins dealer ... so Id be happy to include you all in on my next order. (and at cost or near cost)

CANES

NEVER GIVE UP !!!!!!!
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3572 on: March 08, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »

If anyone needs any help with there Ohlins advice or ordering Im a Ohlins dealer ... so Id be happy to include you all in on my next order. (and at cost or near cost)

CANES

We will be talking.  Well, assuming I keep the SC that is.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3573 on: March 08, 2011, 06:40:07 PM »

Found out my brand spankin' new bike got stolen.  Probably yesterday.

And since I slacked, I never even took pics of it.  And since I built it up from parts, it's not registered in Hawaii.  I don't even have a serial number for the frame yet.  This is going well.  bang head

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3574 on: March 08, 2011, 07:12:39 PM »

Found out my brand spankin' new bike got stolen.  Probably yesterday.

And since I slacked, I never even took pics of it.  And since I built it up from parts, it's not registered in Hawaii.  I don't even have a serial number for the frame yet.  This is going well.  bang head

Bummer... Sad

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Nicky848

« Reply #3575 on: March 08, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »

You missed the sign that said "death penalty for walking on bridge"
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3576 on: March 08, 2011, 11:02:16 PM »

No no, that's been done before. I was more hinting that you should strip the bike down and powdercoat the swingarm to color match the finish on the trellis frame.  Actually, won't Anne have a spare swingarm laying around as soon as that black one goes on?   Evil

Red frame I might do, done before by others or not. Powdercoat the swing arm to match the gray of the frame? I wonder about you sometimes.  laughingdp  That just won't do. I really like the polish of the the standard swing arm and think the PC black is just fine too but even that is not anything that I would personally do. That's what makes our bikes special.  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3577 on: March 08, 2011, 11:11:46 PM »

i was thinking to do that since the whole back end would be apart. but with the house purchase right now, i'm trying to hold off on buying goodies.   Roll Eyes

I try to influence people, not out of any mischievous or malicious tendencies (cough, cough) sometimes, but rather from a perspective of looking back over many years and many missed opportunities.

Believe me that now is the time for a new shock or at least a new spring. OK?,  NOW.  Whatever else you might have to partially sacrifice now will be worth it if you truly enjoy the bike. I couldn't be more serious.

You need to get back out on the road and you need, I MEAN NEED, to take my bike for at least a short spin. C'mon, I couldn't think of anyone else at this time that would be more deserving. If it weren't for you I would have some other bike.  Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
whackie

« Reply #3578 on: March 10, 2011, 03:44:30 PM »

I try to influence people, not out of any mischievous or malicious tendencies (cough, cough) sometimes, but rather from a perspective of looking back over many years and many missed opportunities.

Believe me that now is the time for a new shock or at least a new spring. OK?,  NOW.  Whatever else you might have to partially sacrifice now will be worth it if you truly enjoy the bike. I couldn't be more serious.

You need to get back out on the road and you need, I MEAN NEED, to take my bike for at least a short spin. C'mon, I couldn't think of anyone else at this time that would be more deserving. If it weren't for you I would have some other bike.  Roll Eyes

lol, oh boy. i'm trying to lead by example. brian is eyeing a 50 gal compressor on cragislist, so to do my part i'm trying not to buy stuff either. did i mention we have to buy the appliances except the dishwasher and oven.... and do all the landscaping at this house. that includes pouring concrete, putting up fences, a couple retaining walls, sprinklers, grass... the list goes on. i already feel broke, lol.

but i know what you mean about riding ur bike. it's always been my fear that if i ride it, i will want that same upgrades. if i avoid the whole temptation, then there's no problem. as if that makes any sense.  Tongue
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3579 on: March 11, 2011, 02:59:24 AM »

Silly girl... 

cheeky

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3580 on: March 11, 2011, 07:58:34 AM »

Hey guys,

Everything OK in the islands?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3581 on: March 11, 2011, 08:32:24 AM »

All good here, some damage at some of the smaller harbors...no injuries reported.

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3582 on: March 11, 2011, 08:41:54 AM »

All good here, some damage at some of the smaller harbors...no injuries reported.

ok ... good to know ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
whackie

« Reply #3583 on: March 12, 2011, 02:53:58 AM »

had to go into work on thurs night. was there from 12am to 5:30, for emergency management. went home to sleep a bit, but was back to work at 10am for an appt i setup earlier in the week. went home around 3pm, crashed almost immediately after laying down.

and now i'm wide awake!
 boo
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3584 on: March 13, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »

I was moving the 848 around this morning and noticed the tell tale signs of coolant leak splash coming out the left side fairing vent. Well dang. Can't say that I'm surprised but I was thinking that if the radiator hadn't leaked by now I might have got a good one when the bike was built. Silly boy. Good thing for the extended warranty. So off on the Pegoretti I go.

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: