Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 06:25:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535908 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3720 on: May 06, 2011, 04:17:45 PM »

I only have additional $$$ bang head bang head horror  bang head bang head$$$ stories to tell since our last SMG discussion.

that was my sarcasm ...

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3721 on: May 06, 2011, 06:12:24 PM »

I only have additional $$$ bang head bang head horror  bang head bang head$$$ stories to tell since our last SMG discussion.

lol 

Plus, the "SMG" that came on the standard 3 series was nothing like the transmission that came on the M cars.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3722 on: May 06, 2011, 07:28:25 PM »

lol 

Plus, the "SMG" that came on the standard 3 series was nothing like the transmission that came on the M cars.

but heard, read that both were the same type of matter that comes out an arses behind...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3723 on: May 07, 2011, 08:57:43 AM »

Yes.  Since it's a project bike I get all the time I need.  May need another bottle of Woodford (or two). 

Any advice other than "don't"?

Have you done your own work changing belts on the twin cam before?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3724 on: May 07, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »

Replaced the battery on the 848 this morning. Most likely will be doing some clutch work on my old M900 in a couple of weeks.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3725 on: May 07, 2011, 02:19:11 PM »

Haven't done much of anything today except shop for car tires...and with this weather it doesn't look like I'll be doing any riding this weekend... boo

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3726 on: May 07, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »

No kidding. I just took the bike out to get gas. Dodging raindrops all the way over to the Chevron on Piikoi and back. The Shell down the street on Ward has the pumps closed. Traffic TOTALLY SUCKED!!! The streets are near gridlock on almost any route you pick. It just blows me away that Jose wants to do Saturday rides.  bang head

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3727 on: May 07, 2011, 03:09:15 PM »

It just blows me away that Jose wants to do Saturday rides.  bang head

Has anyone actually discussed this with him?...as if the lack of participation, including his, isn't enough of a hint... Huh?

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3728 on: May 09, 2011, 09:02:41 AM »

Hey BMW guys,

Need some help to help a customer.

He installed a K&N hi flo replacement filter and headers on his SMG equipped BMW 325i sedan; it seems he does some sort of straight line racing and someone told him that if he installed the headers the vehicle would be lighter and faster.

Well, he's now complaining that the vehicle has this 'missfire'; anything under 4k rpm the vehicle hesitates even while running at 40mph and 2500rpm ... There's no way we can adjust mixture since it's all done by the ECU. He says the vehicle DIDN'T have the 'missfire' before the header which this shop didn't install but he's blaming this shop for the missfire.

I did a full diagnosis on the vehicle utilizing BMW GT1 analizer and BOSCH'S KTS ... neither gives me access to adjust mixture.

What can we tell this customer. He doesn't understand that the mods he's made are not meant for city, read, bumper to bumper, traffic we have; plus his SMG is slipping between gear changes ...

You can pm me or email me or post here ... at work at times it blocks lotsa sites including DMF ..

Thanks in advance

Carlos
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3729 on: May 09, 2011, 06:05:30 PM »

this is just a guess...maybe he needs more fuel to go with the increased air flow that his K&N and headers are providing...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3730 on: May 09, 2011, 06:06:52 PM »

Managed to get a short ride in this afternoon,  maybe my last before I go to the mainland for a bit...

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #3731 on: May 09, 2011, 07:04:22 PM »

this is just a guess...maybe he needs more fuel to go with the increased air flow that his K&N and headers are providing...

that's what I told him ... thing is, we cannot 'adjust' the fuel delivery ...

Carlos
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3732 on: May 09, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »

Maybe Turner Motorsports has a chip or a flash that would do the trick...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3733 on: May 09, 2011, 10:01:43 PM »

Managed to get a short ride in this afternoon,  maybe my last before I go to the mainland for a bit...

When are you going and how long are you going to be away?  Need anyone to keep the SF in a nice, safe, secure place?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3734 on: May 09, 2011, 10:14:04 PM »

Has anyone actually discussed this with him?...as if the lack of participation, including his, isn't enough of a hint... Huh?

Sent Jose' an email tonight discussing just that. We'll see what happens.

Got the 848 home tonight dodging some rain. Nothing too wet. Of course when I went back into town to pick up the car it got nicer.  Roll Eyes

Pages: 1 ... 247 248 [249] 250 251 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: