Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 02:29:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535838 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3780 on: May 22, 2011, 05:47:14 PM »

Just heard that the offer I made for a town house, in old town Occoquan, was accepted.  WOOHOO!!

waytogo waytogo   Those Indian names are as bad, or worse, than Hawaiian names.

So does that put you nearer to or farther away from work & the other CAM folks?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3781 on: May 22, 2011, 05:54:26 PM »

It's about the same distance to work as the the place that I currently live is, just in the other direction.  As far as the CAM thing goes; doesn't really matter.  Everyone up here is spread out all over the place.  There's even quite a few who live up near, and past Baltimore.

As far as the place goes: it's pretty neat.  Occoquan is a small, "pre-revolutionary" town that is on the Occuquan River.  The town itself only has about four main roads, and several alleys/lanes, but it's really cool all the same.  The place I'm buying is on the hill top overlooking the town, and comes equipped with a brick/wooden walkway down the hillside, straight to the Belgian cafe.  
chug

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3782 on: May 22, 2011, 06:50:14 PM »

Does it come with a secure garage & a lawn?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3783 on: May 22, 2011, 08:13:07 PM »

Does it come with a secure garage & a lawn?

And an MLS?  Pics would be cool....

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3784 on: May 23, 2011, 01:32:24 AM »

It has a shared lawn, but a park just down the street.  And yes, it does have its own garage.  Nothing huge mind you, but big enough to get both bikes, tools and all the fixings in.  Poor VW will have to stay outside...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3785 on: May 23, 2011, 02:47:47 AM »

Oh yea, spent a little time on an 1125R yesterday.  DAMN that thing handles like a pig!!  Shame too, as the motor is strong as hell!

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3786 on: May 23, 2011, 08:39:18 AM »

Oh yea, spent a little time on an 1125R yesterday.  DAMN that thing handles like a pig!!  Shame too, as the motor is strong as hell!

Did you have a paper bag over your head?

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3787 on: May 23, 2011, 01:40:07 PM »

No, but I did have a smoked visor on.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3788 on: May 23, 2011, 03:48:53 PM »

The Buell?...rode a friend's a year or so ago and thought it was lacking in the power department...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3789 on: May 23, 2011, 03:58:58 PM »

Did another 175 miles on the Gixxer 1K today, it's a fun bike with a very smooth power delivery...we were going to do Mount Palomar but it was rainy and cold, so we spent our time in the valleys, at point doing more than 50 consecutive miles of twisties... [moto]

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3790 on: May 23, 2011, 04:31:03 PM »

The Buell?...

Yea.  Les' isn't stock though.  He's done some intake and exhaust work, and remapped it to suite.  Might have even slapped some high-comp pistons in it, I can't really remember...

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3791 on: May 24, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »

Flew in from San Diego this afternoon where my wife and I attended my oldest grand daughter's college graduation...had two real fun days motobiking while I was there...a few pics...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #3792 on: May 24, 2011, 11:10:32 PM »

Looks fun!  You coming back?

Says he flew in today.   waytogo

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3793 on: May 25, 2011, 02:42:37 AM »

Looks fun!  You coming back?

Says he flew in today.   waytogo

Time for new glasses maybe?   Grin

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3794 on: May 27, 2011, 03:07:42 PM »

Rode the SF today for the first time in two weeks... [moto]

Pages: 1 ... 251 252 [253] 254 255 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: