Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 01, 2024, 01:18:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535692 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3930 on: June 28, 2011, 08:58:42 PM »

I think it's funny that people are complaining about that on current Ducatis.  You should go ride a newer KTM.   

can you say light switch... Shocked

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #3931 on: June 29, 2011, 12:00:50 AM »

I think it's funny that people are complaining about that on current Ducatis.  You should go ride a newer KTM.  

I'm not complaining.  However, I do think for the price point the Ducati is at, it unfortunately has a lot of room for improvement (then again, so do my riding skills).  Like many out there, I want to mod the bike to my liking and making it mine...no different from the desire to remove the functioning exhaust cans and overpaying for a set of the new CF termis   drool

VIR is a pretty good ways from the DC metro area.  You'd be better off going to NJ Motorsports Park instead.

I'm familiar w/ the drive to the VIR...I'm from NOVA (F'burg) & NW DC.  Although, I do like the idea of driving to Thunderbolt sometime.   Dolph
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 12:08:56 AM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3932 on: June 29, 2011, 02:08:48 AM »

I guess my point on the throttle deal is this: The reason the bikes (almost all current large V-twins) run the way they do (lean and "stumbly") at low rpm is that they are programmed to run very lean at low engine speed to meet emission standards.  You'll notice the largest benefit simply by re-mapping the bike to a more suitable fuel curve than you will anything else.  Luckily for you, you'll be getting the ecu to go along with the exhaust.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3933 on: June 29, 2011, 08:38:40 AM »

I guess my point on the throttle deal is this: The reason the bikes (almost all current large V-twins) run the way they do (lean and "stumbly") at low rpm is that they are programmed to run very lean at low engine speed to meet emission standards.  You'll notice the largest benefit simply by re-mapping the bike to a more suitable fuel curve than you will anything else.  Luckily for you, you'll be getting the ecu to go along with the exhaust.

That plus the basic design of the v twin engine crank layout vs the inline fours. It is really difficult, at best, to get smooth low end acceleration out of the twins that Ducati, Aprilia & KTM build.  We talked at length about all of that last Sunday over coffee while waiting for a hole in the rain.  coffee
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 08:43:22 AM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

« Reply #3934 on: June 30, 2011, 01:05:31 AM »

Went on a movie date to see Transformer 3...great movie; it was worthwhile watching.

whackie

« Reply #3935 on: June 30, 2011, 01:44:02 AM »

That plus the basic design of the v twin engine crank layout vs the inline fours. It is really difficult, at best, to get smooth low end acceleration out of the twins that Ducati, Aprilia & KTM build.  We talked at length about all of that last Sunday over coffee while waiting for a hole in the rain.  coffee

i'm getting flash backs of the experience rider course, when they told us to keep it under 10 or 20 mph.

Went on a movie date to see Transformer 3...great movie; it was worthwhile watching.

awesome, i was waiting to hear about that movie. anyone happen to see green lantern, hearing mixed reviews on it.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3936 on: June 30, 2011, 02:30:06 AM »

i'm getting flash backs of the experience rider course, when they told us to keep it under 10 or 20 mph.

laughingdp

That's pretty funny.  They said the same thing when I went through that on the KTM.  The instructor asked why I laughed; I tossed him the key and said "you try it".

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #3937 on: June 30, 2011, 08:15:22 AM »

And they wanted you to shift into second gear doing that.  Roll Eyes Ho Ho Ho. I think after one or two stabs at that I just left it in first. Must have pissed of the instructor.

To this very day I'll be in traffic in 1st gear and look down to see a happy 30 mph and laugh at those folks.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #3938 on: June 30, 2011, 10:17:35 AM »

And they wanted you to shift into second gear doing that. 

Yeah, what a joke!... Roll Eyes

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #3939 on: June 30, 2011, 07:22:05 PM »

Yeah, what a joke!... Roll Eyes

Sadly, even though the classes are still decent, they replaced hardcore knowledge and experience with step-by-step book instruction a few years ago, and they just aren't the same.  

Today: won second place in our "Top Chef" competition at work with my Cuban sandwiches.  Apparently we lost because the Mexico table was wearing colorful blankets and fake mustaches. 

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MGWS

« Reply #3940 on: June 30, 2011, 07:25:24 PM »

S.S. just ordered a new tank due to expansion and a few bubbles.  I thought I was getting my Sato throttle tube but it's been over 2 weeks since i got my shipping invoice.  I emailed Dan Kyle today so hopefully I'll find out tomorrow.

The question is not how far? The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
~Boondock Saints
freeflydive

« Reply #3941 on: July 01, 2011, 01:40:29 AM »

Went Go-Karting in Kapolei and came second behind MGWS.  bow down  I got a medium sized red box of goodies sitting next to me...can't wait to get the termi's installed. I may try to make a JV attempt to instal them tomorrow (Friday), in hopes of Will being able to reset the TPS on Saturday.  

Doing the Termi dance...   Dolph

awesome, i was waiting to hear about that movie.

It was great, very detailed with amazing computer graphics and impressive 3D.  Unfortunately the chic's character didn't fit in very well...and she seemed to constantly have a Blue Steel look on her face...kept reminding me of a female version of Zoolander!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 01:52:18 AM by freeflydive » Logged

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #3942 on: July 01, 2011, 02:43:33 AM »

Did you get the full system or the slip-ons?

freeflydive

« Reply #3943 on: July 01, 2011, 03:39:34 AM »

Did you get the full system or the slip-ons?

Just the slips...I couldn't justify spending the money for the full system.

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #3944 on: July 01, 2011, 10:18:20 AM »

just got to PA, and am missing my 848 more then my gf right now... Some of theses roads are just insanely beautiful. Id even be happy on a 696.

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: