Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 03:28:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535545 times)
hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #4065 on: July 21, 2011, 10:21:23 AM »

going home tonight, and might even make it out for sundays ride... hope the weather and GF permit

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4066 on: July 21, 2011, 01:50:45 PM »

Jamba Juice Sunday Ride pre-run today:  Tantalus*, plus 13 turns & Norfolk x 2 with an H3 return...oh how I love my freaking Doocahtee... Evil Dolph

*numerous freshly filled potholes with associated loose macadam nuggets on Makiki Hgts Dr... boo
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 06:37:28 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MGWS

« Reply #4067 on: July 21, 2011, 02:06:27 PM »

Finally installed the Sato throttle tube but it started raining when I was getting ready for a test run. The new grips are over 1/2" too short which is a bummer. I also just got a gear indicator but i probably won't be able to install it for a few weeks as well as get my new tank installed. It's a miracle I'm not working on Sunday and will be on Oahu so I hope I can make it out for the JJ ride.

The question is not how far? The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?
~Boondock Saints
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4068 on: July 21, 2011, 05:32:50 PM »

Learned two things:

1.  I am not in bicycling shape, nor am I in swimming shape.  So lazy shape it shall be!
     2.  A 49cc scooter can, in fact, be wheelied for quite some time.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4069 on: July 21, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »

Jamba Juice Sunday Ride pre-run today:  Tantalus*, plus 13 turns & Norfolk x 2 with an H3 return...oh how I love my freaking Doocahtee... Evil Dolph

*numerous freshly filled potholes with associated loose macadam nuggets on Makiki Hgts Dr... boo

At least they filled the holes.  All the rain up there this afternoon should wash most of the gravel away....... or make it worse. Roll Eyes

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4070 on: July 22, 2011, 06:42:58 PM »

Spit shined the SF today in anticipation of a wet JJ ride this Sunday... Roll Eyes

Also gave my 3 blocks away neighbor a small assist with an oil change on his new to him SF...it's safety checked and licensed so we'll probably go for a ride next week sometime...did I mention that I love the SF in red... Grin

freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4071 on: July 22, 2011, 07:17:02 PM »

The heat index in DC was 119 by 2PM!  I took my nieces and nephews to Chucky Cheese, took the kiddies to see Harry Potter then picked up Teresa from the airport.  It has been good to see family and old friends.  While I love the weather and breath taking natural beauty of Hawaii, DC will always feel home...now if they can only adopt Hawaii's weather (I don't think it's that impossible, they already adopted traffic like H-1)!!!!  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:18:46 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
freeflydive

« Reply #4072 on: July 22, 2011, 07:19:08 PM »

The heat index in DC was 119 (Fahrenheit not MPH) by 2PM!  I took my nieces and nephews to Chucky Cheese, took the kiddies to see Harry Potter then picked up Teresa from the airport.  It has been good to see family and old friends.  While I love the weather and breath taking natural beauty of Hawaii, DC will always feel home...now if they can only adopt Hawaii's weather (I don't think it's that impossible, they already adopted traffic like H-1)!!!!  

hadesducati848
your sisters love my

1998 R1 (sold) 2009 848

« Reply #4073 on: July 24, 2011, 01:07:45 AM »

got the 848 ready for riding. and was told by the soon to be mother of my child, that we only have five months left, and i have to start working on the nursery... i wonder if she will believe that im going to buy materials if i take the 848  cheeky

it is so much easier to get forgiveness then it will ever be to get permission.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4074 on: July 25, 2011, 08:41:32 AM »

Saturday I did some minor repair work to the 240D and then got an afternoon ride in along with Brandon. Burned a little more rubber off the edges of the R1100S. It's fun, a super freeway cruiser and even surprisingly fun on Tantalus but it definitely is no sportbike like the 848.

Brandon let me ride the S1000rr back from the North Shore, over H3 and back to the top of 13 turns. Holy Crap!! This time I got to have a little more fun with it than I did the last time I rode it. Un-freaking believable!! The power, OMG the power. It is just plain awesome. Addicting even. Must keep the 848, cannot be lulled by the scream of an I4.  Evil  laughingdp

Yesterdays ride was damp and had the look of getting even more wet but it got nice again by the time I got home. Don'tcha know.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
zzilla

<Insert something inspiring here>

« Reply #4075 on: July 25, 2011, 10:33:39 AM »

Headed to the mainland to visit the family, back in a few weeks

Did I ever tell you the story about the Zen master and the little boy?
       -Gust Avrakotos
eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #4076 on: July 27, 2011, 07:08:43 PM »

Flew back from Maui.  Trying to recover.   waytogo

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4077 on: July 27, 2011, 07:33:05 PM »

Flew back from Maui.  Trying to recover.   waytogo

My arms would be tired too.  ( I know....that's really old & dumb but it's the end of the work day, I'm bored and waiting for a tech to finish a car that a customer is waiting for )

freeflydive

« Reply #4078 on: July 27, 2011, 08:45:14 PM »

Long day at work, came home to Teresa's surprise...orchestra section tickets for "Wicked" at the Kennedy center.  It was a great night overall, enjoyed a few Samuel Smith's and now heading to ZZZzzzzz. 

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4079 on: July 27, 2011, 10:14:09 PM »

Painted a valve cover...

before:

after:

Pages: 1 ... 270 271 [272] 273 274 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: