Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 30, 2024, 07:15:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535392 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4170 on: August 23, 2011, 08:04:12 PM »

Had a bit of a shock when our building rode out the earthquake. 

Glad it held up!...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4171 on: August 23, 2011, 11:36:39 PM »

Had a bit of a shock when our building rode out the earthquake. 

I'm glad you're okay...my folks are doing well, but my sister's new house (Fredericksburg, VA) has a crack in the basement.  Looks like I'll be back in Quantico during mid-september...the more planning conferences I attend, the more I realize the fun part of my career is over!

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4172 on: August 24, 2011, 09:44:10 PM »

Shortened my levers today, now I can postion them and the bar end mirrors for maximum efficiency...lucky I have a 28mm slave cylinder, or I would have been wishing that I hadn't shortened the clutch lever as much as I did...Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
teddy037.3
« Reply #4173 on: September 02, 2011, 08:55:20 PM »

mirrors on, stock mirrors off.

hugger and frame sliders tomorrow.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4174 on: September 02, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »

If the stock mirrors are off what are you doing for turn signals?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4175 on: September 03, 2011, 02:42:31 AM »

If the stock mirrors are off what are you doing for turn signals?

bark busters are still there, just took those useless flippies off the ends.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4176 on: September 03, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »

barracuda ego mirros from monsterparts
shift-tech hugger/upper chain guard

speedymoto frame sliders are still in the bag. don't have a torque wrench... and they're also... smallish looking.  or maybe I was just used to those honkin'great cyclecat sliders?
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4177 on: September 03, 2011, 07:20:17 PM »

That bike wants to go up Tantalus!   Evil

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4178 on: September 03, 2011, 07:38:18 PM »

That bike wants to go up Tantalus!   Evil

that bike still needs to finish it's break-in!  Wink

although...
Quote from: Hypermotard Owner's Manual
To this end, roads with plenty of bends and even slightly hilly areas are ideal for a most efficient running-in of engine, brakes and suspension.
whackie

« Reply #4179 on: September 03, 2011, 07:50:18 PM »

finally got around to doing stickers for a friend. 24" wide. kind of big lol.

teddy037.3
« Reply #4180 on: September 03, 2011, 07:57:09 PM »

finally got around to doing stickers for a friend. 24" wide. kind of big lol.

nice!  waytogo can you do multi-colored die-cuts?
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4181 on: September 04, 2011, 12:12:58 AM »

Got Tori's Monster 620 through it's State Safety Inspection today.  Roll Eyes Last year it was the puking fuel hoses. This year the bike has been running like shit. Thought I got the problem of it missing and running like shit under control and it wasn't bad driving into town but from the shop to Cycle Sports it started acting up again and I almost didn't make it back from CS to BME. Missing & backfiring like crazy. I'll start by draining out some rotten, putrid smelling old gas. If that doesn't work it'll be going into the throttle valves possibly sticking. I've ruled out a bad ignition coil & spark plugs.

Got that bike back to the shop and then took in the wheels/tires off the Boxer Cup to have some Dunlop Q2's installed. Also did an oil/filter change on the bike. Ran the bike around Tantalus afterwards as I couldn't ride the 620 Monster home due to the bad running. Twist my arm.  Evil  The Q2's are tits as far as I can tell with about 25 miles on them. Totally should have got them instead of the Michelin Pures I put on the 848. I will strongly recommend that Dave puts the Q2's on the Hyper as it needs new tires. No doubt he will not listen to me.  Roll Eyes They were super good right away as opposed to the Pures which left me doubting the wisdom of my choice immediately. Tantalus was as dry as it gets but the Dunlop's were still gold compared to the Pures when they were first new. The Pures are good now but that's 3,000 miles later and the Q2's were great the first time out over comparable road conditions.

And the Boxer handles better than the red R1100S. That's saying something!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 12:16:46 AM by MadDuck » Logged

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4182 on: September 04, 2011, 02:37:40 AM »

Quite a few people up here are running the Q2s, and really like them. None of them are on Ducatis though. I've read a few write ups where Dunlops (not necessarily Q2s iirc) were used as spec tires and people had a hell of a time trying to get Duc SBKs set up to work with them. Almost seems like that Euro bike wants Euro tires.  They are super soft though (think gooey, well chewed bubble gum soft) and stick like mad, but also wear rapidly. Jim went through a rear in about 3400 miles On his Daytona, and that bike is no torque monster. He's a good sized guy though, and that probably has something to do with it. Similar story with the Rosso Corse's that are currently on the SD: grip like mad and let you get away with all sorts of stupidity, but don't last for shit.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4183 on: September 04, 2011, 02:16:54 PM »

did the lap today, actually had an unhindered run from makapuu through to the uphill right at hanauma bay.

I see how she could get me into trouble later on  Shocked

otherwise, let's see:
  • mirrors=sweet, will be perfect if I can fig a way to snug the left one up on the joint so it doesn't start to sag at speed
  • finally know what that low-rev stutter is like that everyone complains about
  • milage is about the same as old bike
  • kiiiinda wish the bars were a touch flatter, or maybe it's just because it's how I rotated them forward when setting the mirrors
  • ~3hrs on the bike and my back is fine; butt- not so much
  • got me thinking about shorty levers, at least the clutch side
  • bullet list makes me feel pro.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4184 on: September 04, 2011, 02:50:42 PM »

Quite a few people up here are running the Q2s, and really like them.

The Dunlop Q2's have been getting great reviews and have come in 2nd after the Pirelli Diablo Super Corsas (OEM on 1198) in a few magazine street shootouts.  Keith Code's school school use the Q2's on their S1000RR...rode them at the VIR and Thunderbolt...very sticky, predictable and warm up quickly...but a tad stiffer than the Diablos.  Best part is they sell for ~$240 for the set on the internet and mainland shops.  Unfortunately, dealerships on the island rape you w/ their MSRP tire prices due to lack of competition.  
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 03:46:59 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: