Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

July 16, 2024, 11:47:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 513373 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #210 on: June 29, 2008, 11:07:44 PM »

I hope this doesn't jinx anything. Wouldn't it be great if Ducati scooped a double double this year. Two riders in two different classes winning world titles and constructors championships in two different classes all in the same year? Too much to hope for or ask for. What do you think that would do for sales?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #211 on: June 29, 2008, 11:11:13 PM »

What do you think that would do for sales?

Through the flippin roof, that is for sure.  Ducati already had a record year last year, brought about mainly by the 1098, and are doing MUCH better than they were just a few years back.  A pair of championships on those levels would have all sorts of new customers in the dealerships.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #212 on: June 29, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »

Certainly wouldn't hurt the resale value of our bikes either.  Evil

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #213 on: June 29, 2008, 11:21:40 PM »

True.  Too bad I can't take advantage of that now.  Wink
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #214 on: June 29, 2008, 11:24:10 PM »

So after the ride today, and wouldn't you know it she said I should have gone for another hour or so (sure, right, That would have been "OK"  laughingdp) well then it was bicycle maintenance time then off to the movies (Wanted w/ Angelina Jolie ---- good action gratuitous violence flick -- sold out theater at 4:45) then some Italian dinner and couple glasses of wine -- all in all a good day.

DRKWNG
« Reply #215 on: June 29, 2008, 11:26:24 PM »

Sounds like a winner.  So, do you give Wanted a  waytogo?

I am going to ride the whistle tip into work tomorrow and then on to South Seas after work in hopes that I can get the chain adjusted.  But I am going to start taking the Golf in maybe once a week or so in order to carry the Seven with me and come with you guys on some of your rides...
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 11:28:19 PM by DRKWNG » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #216 on: June 29, 2008, 11:58:05 PM »

Wednesday baby! Weather permitting.

DRKWNG
« Reply #217 on: June 29, 2008, 11:59:38 PM »

Might be able to pull that off; would just have to alter my gym/lifting schedule.  What time do you guys hit the road, and how long/far are you out for?
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #218 on: June 29, 2008, 11:59:56 PM »

"Wanted" is good entertainment. Good fantasy. Not good as in No Country for Old Men good but still good. Iron Man was better too.

DRKWNG
« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2008, 12:01:46 AM »

No country was a good film, but the ending was a bit of a letdown IMO.  Plus, none of the blue ray discs have anything other than good ol' fashion two channel stereo. 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2008, 03:25:01 PM »

Might be able to pull that off; would just have to alter my gym/lifting schedule.  What time do you guys hit the road, and how long/far are you out for?

We start anywhere from 5:30pm (if we're lucky) to 6:00 (if we're late).  Ride for an hour or so. We go from the end of the freeway at Kahala to Portlock, Hawaii Kai, Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach and sometimes to Makapuu Lookout.  Mixed group. Mixed pace. You'd like the ride.

DRKWNG
« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2008, 05:35:37 PM »

We start anywhere from 5:30pm (if we're lucky) to 6:00 (if we're late).  Ride for an hour or so. We go from the end of the freeway at Kahala to Portlock, Hawaii Kai, Hanauma Bay, Sandy Beach and sometimes to Makapuu Lookout.  Mixed group. Mixed pace. You'd like the ride.

Sounds good.  What sort of grade is it up to Makapuu?  Don't know if I have been up there or not.

So, I stopped by SS in Waipahu on the way home from work to see if they could re-flash my ECU as well as tighten up the chain on the 675.  Guys were really busy with repair work in there, but to my dismay they actually took a bike down off the lift to do the work for me.  All was looking good until they realized that the terminal connection on their uplink cable was bad, so they couldn't do the reflash.  Got the chain tightened though, and I am happy about that.  But the biggest surprise came when I tried to pay them and they said "don't worry about it"!!  I swear there is no way these guys are affiliated with the South Seas on Nimitz!!
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2008, 09:51:34 PM »

I figure about a 7% grade, roughly. I'm in some pretty low gears and depending on my day and the wind and whether or not I'm pulling the girl behind me I'll anywhere from 7 to 9 something mph up. I can hit 50 going down.  cheeky Ain't that a rush at that speed in your underwear on them skinny little tires.

I was supposed to go ride tonight & do my King St. out, Beretania back loops but I didn't. No energy, I'm going to bed early.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2008, 10:35:02 PM »

I'm feeling pangs of road bike jealousy, but with the bike shop folks not calling and offering me part time work with sweet employee discount, I don't see a road bike in my near future.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2008, 11:33:03 PM »

Damn, that sounds pretty steep.  Especially with you only pulling 7-9 with a triple on the front.  What sort of cluster are you running on the rear?

Alex and I ended up going out to Schofield this evening to hit the gym up there.  First time I had been there in a while and they have gotten some really nice equip in the weight rooms.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: