Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 01:18:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to the DMF

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 535065 times)
teddy037.3
« Reply #4425 on: November 09, 2011, 08:11:05 AM »

You, sir, continually seem to want to understate your grasp and knowledge of things tech, but some of us know better.  waytogo  Wink  No worries.   Dolph

awwww

self-deprecation is my finest feature
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4426 on: November 09, 2011, 08:10:34 PM »

Looks spatially wrong, or more right.  I like the cam drives running up opposite sides

That way they can use identical cylinder heads for both barrels.  waytogo

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4427 on: November 09, 2011, 10:34:45 PM »

Well I'm def a victim for that ride.  Not the first year production though.  Love the exhaust position, not that I want anymore kids but...

Never answered this Mac but with the fan switch/relay in place the green one has definitely become the bike of choice.

applause

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4428 on: November 11, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »

Well, it's Friday. TG. It's dark outside, it's raining, it's Veteran's Day, we have appointments scheduled off the book page & APEC is here. Also a full moon.......... Gonna be interesting.

Been quiet around this board for a few days.  The weather people say it might get nice this weekend but the road & freeway closures might be frequent. Should we try to sneak in a back road ride this weekend or should we just blow things off?

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #4429 on: November 11, 2011, 10:53:54 AM »

I won't be making it this Sunday, have a swim lesson/clinic attend.  Twisty back roads are fun.  waytogo
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4430 on: November 11, 2011, 06:07:12 PM »

I'm in, provided HPD doesn't block our condo driveway again   Dolph

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4431 on: November 11, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »

I'm itching for a ride, however tomorrow I'll be helping out at my son's place and Sunday I have another autocross...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4432 on: November 11, 2011, 07:26:24 PM »

I'm itching for a ride, however tomorrow I'll be helping out at my son's place and Sunday I have another autocross...

I thought you said you were going to quit that car stuff.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4433 on: November 11, 2011, 07:33:57 PM »

I thought you said you were going to quit that car stuff.

Yeah I did, and then I realized I'm in my 20th season and figured I would just finish it out...I kinda like even numbers, 20 years autocrossing would go along with my 28 years with Customs, 20 years in the Navy, and the SF is motorbike number 12...been married only once though, so maybe I need to work on that... Grin
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 08:37:40 PM by 'fighter pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

« Reply #4434 on: November 11, 2011, 08:46:56 PM »

I'm already getting stir crazy sitting at home and walking around Waikiki...I crave being out & about and burning fossil fuel  Dolph 

freeflydive

« Reply #4435 on: November 12, 2011, 01:34:19 AM »

So, we're standing 10 meters across the street from our home & not being allowed to walk across for the last 45 minutes, in the rain, while HPD waits for another motorcade.  Unfortunately none of the dumb make the beast with two backs-security clowns are empowered to use any common sense.  Ok, I'm done venting...back to being immature & joining the masses heckle HPD at the crosswalk!  Getting Cold Stone ice cream was a bad idea!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:56:39 AM by freeflydive » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4436 on: November 12, 2011, 08:51:15 AM »

Just imagine........ only 4 more days to go before they all clear out. Whose idea was this cluster f anyway? What sweeping economic decisions are these guys going to make over essentially two days anyway? This is just more bs spending by some of the 1% and they are spending our money.

freeflydive

« Reply #4437 on: November 12, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »

Meh, I don't have any issues with Oahu hosting APEC....quite the opposite, I think it's fantastic (for the short duration).  I understand the State requires heightened security protocols, during a national security event, to safeguard the 21 Presidents/Prime Ministers, their principle cabinet members and minions.  What I have do not not have patience for is some of the non-sense security measures and the HPD officers I came across that are unable to make common sense calls.    

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4438 on: November 12, 2011, 12:02:04 PM »

Meh, I don't have any issues with Oahu hosting APEC....quite the opposite, I think it's fantastic (for the short duration).  I understand the State requires heightened security protocols, during a national security event, to safeguard the 21 Presidents/Prime Ministers, their principle cabinet members and minions.  What I have do not not have patience for is some of the non-sense security measures and the HPD officers I came across that are unable to make common sense calls.    

I agree to a large degree but what happens when they meet in NYC? Do they shut down Manhattan? How much are they actually going to achieve in effectively two days?

I'm going to the shop for a couple of hours to tinker. 

freeflydive

« Reply #4439 on: November 12, 2011, 05:18:16 PM »

I agree to a large degree but what happens when they meet in NYC? Do they shut down Manhattan? How much are they actually going to achieve in effectively two days?

I'm going to the shop for a couple of hours to tinker.  

The irony is our apartment in DC was on Pennsylvania Ave btwn the White House and US Capitol.  The difference between Waikiki and DC (or the UN in NYC) is that security is built into those areas to facilitate adequate protection and enable us mortal peasants to go on living our lives.  In DC, roads typically get closed down for 10-15 min for motorcades to pass, then life goes on.   This is not a typical operation (or scale) HPD is used to conducting...So they have been over compensating to ensure there are no slip ups.  They are doing ok, even if it is over the top.  I do however feel bad for the tourists spending their life savings trying to enjoy their vacation or wedding.  

I wish I read your post sooner, I would have stopped by the shop to lend hand.  Instead, I'm sitting on the lanai on the 23rd floor, w/ 2x bottles of wine, watching HPD shot down our corner (again) to investigate an "unattended suspicious package."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:59:31 PM by freeflydive » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: