Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 07:23:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534915 times)
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4500 on: December 02, 2011, 02:17:21 PM »

With a cold engine intake is at 0.10mm and exhaust is at 0.30mm.  On my car anyway. There should be a sticker on the left top radiator support frame right above the left headlight. The specs are on the sticker.  Hope you have the special wrenches for the valve nuts!

Did not have the special wrenches but, a bent wrench is special enough ... all 6 intakes were within +- 0.01mm and exhaust were almost there; the tightest one was 0.28mm ... and the 'slackiest' one 0.32mm cold as ice ... 3 days not running ... tomorrow no can do since got an all afternoon event for bikers from Central America where I'll be performing diagnostics with my VDST ... for all brands ... More news on Monday when I'll check tank filter and inline filter ... left tank draining ....

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4501 on: December 02, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »

Put in for a job at MCIA today...

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4502 on: December 02, 2011, 07:40:54 PM »

Put in for a job at MCIA today...

Covering a few other bases in case your people don't pick you up?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4503 on: December 02, 2011, 07:42:42 PM »

Did not have the special wrenches but, a bent wrench is special enough ... all 6 intakes were within +- 0.01mm and exhaust were almost there; the tightest one was 0.28mm ... and the 'slackiest' one 0.32mm cold as ice ... 3 days not running ... tomorrow no can do since got an all afternoon event for bikers from Central America where I'll be performing diagnostics with my VDST ... for all brands ... More news on Monday when I'll check tank filter and inline filter ... left tank draining ....

Loose is better than any kind of tight in this case.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4504 on: December 02, 2011, 08:19:03 PM »

Covering a few other bases in case your people don't pick you up?

It's actually a spot with the agency.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4505 on: December 02, 2011, 09:24:10 PM »

Finally joined the 21st century with the purchase of a flat screen LCD TV and an Oceanic Cable upgrade to HD...can't wait for the 2012 MotoGP and WSBK seasons... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4506 on: December 03, 2011, 11:32:36 AM »

Finally joined the 21st century with the purchase of a flat screen LCD TV and an Oceanic Cable upgrade to HD...can't wait for the 2012 MotoGP and WSBK seasons... Grin

How big?  GP is HD but I don't know if WSBK is?  Hasn't been so far.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4507 on: December 03, 2011, 12:50:48 PM »

Not big, just a 42, but it's fits our family room fine and it dwarfs the 12+ year old Sony that it replaces...  Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4508 on: December 03, 2011, 04:17:08 PM »

Both are in HD, but it depends on SPEED channel's schedule to air it on their regular vs HD channel.  Either way, HD or not, the Moto-GP's videography skills are excellent while WSBK leaves a lot more to be desired. 

Well, it's already Sunday here and I'm jetlagged...off to bed!

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4509 on: December 03, 2011, 05:52:43 PM »

Lambo's tank went in today, shop called, said 'missfire' was gone, will go Monday to hook up VDST ... and charge for job ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4510 on: December 03, 2011, 10:10:57 PM »

Both are in HD, but it depends on SPEED channel's schedule to air it on their regular vs HD channel.  Either way, HD or not, the Moto-GP's videography skills are excellent while WSBK leaves a lot more to be desired. 

Well, it's already Sunday here and I'm jetlagged...off to bed!

I think MotoGP cameras are HD but not so with WSBK even though Speed broadcasts in HD and therein is one of the differences. If they don't shoot in HD you won't see the benefit.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4511 on: December 03, 2011, 10:11:40 PM »

Not big, just a 42, but it's fits our family room fine and it dwarfs the 12+ year old Sony that it replaces...  Grin

42" works for Gloria and me.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4512 on: December 03, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »

Spent most of the day replacing subframe mounts, a tie rod (which I had to make out of a BMW tie rod and the existing tie rod) and front shocks on Gloria's 560SL. Whew! I'm so glad that's over. That car should be done for quite a while. In the last two months it's had a transmission overhaul (in the nick of time too), a new water pump / thermostat, new front brakes (discs and pads) and a new muffler. Retail on all of that equals what she bought it for 8 years ago. Man o' man.

That makes the upcoming bike work seem like cake. ( Am I going to regret saying that or what?  laughingdp ) Laugh now bozo.

tmitbyh

« Reply #4513 on: December 04, 2011, 02:00:25 AM »

I recently did the same thing.  I "upgraded" to a 200lbs. Sharp CRT from my 200lbs. Sony Trinitron Wega CRT (Not a typo, it was a Trinitron Wega  laughingdp) before moving out here and a few days back finally purchased a 40" Samsung LED.  I think the bad part was after my wife saw it she goes, "Is it bad I think we should have gone bigger?" 
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4514 on: December 04, 2011, 04:49:20 AM »

... Man o' man.

That makes the upcoming bike work seem like cake. ( Am I going to regret saying that or what?  laughingdp ) Laugh now bozo.

Now you're jinxed ...

Morning btw ... no mechanical work, only sanding a front fender and maybe installing mirrors [bar end]

Carlos
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: