Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 07:22:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534907 times)
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4515 on: December 04, 2011, 04:55:47 AM »

Now you're jinxed ...

If you only knew...

laughingdp laughingdp

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
teddy037.3
« Reply #4516 on: December 04, 2011, 09:58:36 AM »

Now you're jinxed ...

Morning btw ... no mechanical work, only sanding a front fender and maybe installing mirrors [bar end]

what mirrors did you get?
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4517 on: December 04, 2011, 02:13:14 PM »

Got about another hundred-fifty miles in today.  Bit chilly though; thermometer read 43 when I pulled out of the garage this morning. 

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4518 on: December 04, 2011, 02:40:47 PM »

Got about another hundred-fifty miles in today.  Bit chilly though; thermometer read 43 when I pulled out of the garage this morning. 

Was it going up, going down, or holding steady?  Fukin cold no matter how you cut it by our standards.  Me, I rode with the non-perf jacket today and only got warm around noonish when the sun started to come out.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4519 on: December 04, 2011, 02:45:17 PM »

Fukin cold.

You don't even know.  I finally got a non-perf jacket and had two layers on under it, the thermal liner and a PI Kodiac cycling jersey.  

The temps climbed a bit as the day went on.  The thermometer read in the mid/high 50s by the afternoon, but I'd swear it never got above 50.  

Season's done.

DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4520 on: December 04, 2011, 04:27:19 PM »

what mirrors did you get?

photo in fb sent via message ... but they look like this

Barend mirror3 by DarkMonster620, on Flickr

Bar End Mirrors by DarkMonster620, on Flickr
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 04:33:06 PM by Moto Mecanica PTY » Logged

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4521 on: December 05, 2011, 06:26:48 AM »

I noticed this article on another forum..."Eight Ferraris tangle in 'most expensive crash ever'!"  Funny thing is, I'm always paranoid when driving in Japan...I go so far as to tape an arrow, on the dash, to remind me to stay on the left side!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/world/eight-ferraris-tangle-in-most-expensive-crash-ever/story-e6frea8l-1226213940010
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:28:38 AM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4522 on: December 05, 2011, 08:56:34 AM »

I noticed this article on another forum..."Eight Ferraris tangle in 'most expensive crash ever'!"  Funny thing is, I'm always paranoid when driving in Japan...I go so far as to tape an arrow, on the dash, to remind me to stay on the left side!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/world/eight-ferraris-tangle-in-most-expensive-crash-ever/story-e6frea8l-1226213940010

Just posted same in TOSAT ...

Lambo diagnose this afternoon

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
teddy037.3
« Reply #4523 on: December 06, 2011, 01:47:54 AM »

photo in fb sent via message ... but they look like this

Barend mirror3 by DarkMonster620, on Flickr

Bar End Mirrors by DarkMonster620, on Flickr

nice  waytogo had those on the monster...
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4524 on: December 06, 2011, 05:08:37 AM »

nice  waytogo had those on the monster...

branded or like these, non-branded?

On car news,

W123 300D, replace all fuel filters, checked valves, all vacuumm and cannister, everything was OK, as you said with valves [didn't touch them], checked all throttle linkage, OK, now, I'm LOST ...

Lambo, tank went in again, no missfire, re-diagnosed, no issues, gave report to shop owner that he has to tell car owner to either leave tank full or empty with gas cap open to avoid condensation and not to leave VP Racing fuel in tank with regular fuel ...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 05:12:13 AM by Mr. Grinch » Logged

Carlos
teddy037.3
« Reply #4525 on: December 06, 2011, 06:52:49 AM »

branded or like these, non-branded?

they were the rizoma... bling!
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4526 on: December 06, 2011, 07:44:13 AM »

Attended a surprisingly productive meeting with my Filipino counterparts, enjoyed an evening ice breaker/social at the hotel, then found a shady bar to watch midget wrestling (oil not included)!  Off to bed...Tuesday is over in this time zone (as it starts in Hawaii)!    zzzzzzzzzzzz

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4527 on: December 06, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »

On car news,

W123 300D, replace all fuel filters, checked valves, all vacuumm and cannister, everything was OK, as you said with valves [didn't touch them], checked all throttle linkage, OK, now, I'm LOST ...

OK ----- Try this;   pull the vacuum line off of the vacuum shut off box at the back of the injection pump and try again. That is a very simple test and it eliminates some sort of unwanted vacuum getting to the shut off box. I have little faith that that will help but at least it's something.

You say the engine stalls when put into gear. What about if the rpm's are higher? Does it still stall if you are adding gas pedal? The idle speed is adjusted by turning in a long screw on the motor side of the injection pump. You will need something like a 13mm crowfoot to loosen the jamnut at the bottom of the screw. We had a special tool at the Benz shop for that.

If it was fine before then that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Was anyone else working on this car recently?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4528 on: December 06, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »

OK ----- Try this;   pull the vacuum line off of the vacuum shut off box at the back of the injection pump and try again. That is a very simple test and it eliminates some sort of unwanted vacuum getting to the shut off box. I have little faith that that will help but at least it's something.

Will try tomorrow

You say the engine stalls when put into gear. What about if the rpm's are higher? Does it still stall if you are adding gas pedal? The idle speed is adjusted by turning in a long screw on the motor side of the injection pump. You will need something like a 13mm crowfoot to loosen the jamnut at the bottom of the screw. We had a special tool at the Benz shop for that.

idle is/was 750rpm ...

If it was fine before then that shouldn't be too much of an issue. Was anyone else working on this car recently?

Have no idea ... guy was referred by a friend who hates European cars and will not even do an oil change ...

Carlos
tmitbyh

« Reply #4529 on: December 06, 2011, 10:38:37 PM »

Attended a surprisingly productive meeting with my Filipino counterparts, enjoyed an evening ice breaker/social at the hotel, then found a shady bar to watch midget wrestling (oil not included)!  Off to bed...Tuesday is over in this time zone (as it starts in Hawaii)!    zzzzzzzzzzzz
Depending on schedule and what part of the PI you are in, check out the Hobbit House.   Grin
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: