Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 29, 2024, 05:23:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 421   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What did you do today?  (Read 534871 times)
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4530 on: December 07, 2011, 06:18:12 AM »

check out the Hobbit House.   Grin

A few of my buddies already went there...I think I got my fill of seedy bars & San Miguel light to last me a while.  
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 11:36:32 PM by freeflydive » Logged

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #4531 on: December 09, 2011, 06:36:58 AM »

Heading back to good 'ol Oahu tonight.  Ironically enough, I get to relive my Friday...I'm leaving tonight (Friday local time), landing in Guam on Saturday morning then arriving Honolulu on Friday evening!  Unfortunately, I won't be able to do the Sunday ride until next week.  Cry

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #4532 on: December 09, 2011, 08:38:25 AM »

It might be kind of wet this weekend anyway. It is this morning for sure.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DarkMonster620
According to some, a bottomless pit eating machine
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4533 on: December 09, 2011, 03:50:46 PM »

Hey Mac,

Checked everything as you told me, nothing, shift into gear, engine dies ... even replaced tank filter and main line filter ... owner purchased them so I installed them ...

Cold it be the torque converter?

Carlos
I said I was smart, never that I had my shit together
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #4534 on: December 09, 2011, 05:12:35 PM »

Went for a short ride and stopped by SSD for a look see...while there I had a short conversation with Eddie,  Will's replacement...appears to be a cool guy... Grin

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4535 on: December 09, 2011, 09:19:24 PM »

Hey Mac,

Checked everything as you told me, nothing, shift into gear, engine dies ... even replaced tank filter and main line filter ... owner purchased them so I installed them ...

Cold it be the torque converter?

Ya hate to say it but it could be............ sucker might be locked up full time.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4536 on: December 09, 2011, 09:21:41 PM »

Went for a short ride and stopped by SSD for a look see...while there I had a short conversation with Eddie,  Will's replacement...appears to be a cool guy... Grin

From all accounts that I've heard that's so.  Just a bit green when it comes to Ducs.  Aren't most of us?

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4537 on: December 10, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »

Ya hate to say it but it could be............ sucker might be locked up full time.

Don't hate to say it ... I thought of it, but, wanted to eliminate all other possibilities; will tell guy to see if he wants to drop tranny ... Up to now, his bill with me is around $500.00[that's high here] .... So another $750.00 for dropping, replacing converter and re-installing tranny... dunno, will surf the web for one ...

BTW, what would your labor have been for this job? Just curious ...

Carlos
Ducati is the pretty girl that can't walk in heels without stumbling. I still love her.
"When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4538 on: December 10, 2011, 08:45:55 PM »

Don't hate to say it ... I thought of it, but, wanted to eliminate all other possibilities; will tell guy to see if he wants to drop tranny ... Up to now, his bill with me is around $500.00[that's high here] .... So another $750.00 for dropping, replacing converter and re-installing tranny... dunno, will surf the web for one ...

BTW, what would your labor have been for this job? Just curious ...

You're right in the ballpark.  waytogo

tmitbyh

« Reply #4539 on: December 10, 2011, 10:18:36 PM »

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could set/measure the rear sag on my 848?  I do not have a center stand or anything like that unfortuantely.  With my crappy twelve days of 12+ hour shifts right now I am slowly but surely getting the front set up finally and would like to figure a way to set the rear while I am at the house not doing anything after this string of long days.

I think after Christmas I will be buying myself this...
http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=1
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4540 on: December 10, 2011, 11:42:51 PM »

Does anyone have a suggestion on how I could set/measure the rear sag on my 848?  I do not have a center stand or anything like that unfortuantely.  With my crappy twelve days of 12+ hour shifts right now I am slowly but surely getting the front set up finally and would like to figure a way to set the rear while I am at the house not doing anything after this string of long days.

I think after Christmas I will be buying myself this...
http://www.abbastands.co.uk/product_details.asp?id=1

What do you weigh with riding gear on?  How are you going about setting up the front? 

DarkMonster620
Post Whore

Enjoying the ride

« Reply #4541 on: December 11, 2011, 05:28:15 AM »

You're right in the ballpark.  waytogo

Thanks !!!

Carlos
tmitbyh

« Reply #4542 on: December 11, 2011, 06:33:47 PM »

What do you weigh with riding gear on?  How are you going about setting up the front? 
I am 186lbs with all my gear on. 

For the front right now I have been working on just the preload.  I have not started on damping and compression yet because I do not have time to go for a ride, come back, tweak, repeat right now.  With the preload I can make an adjustment and ride to work and see where I am at and adjust there then ride home and repeat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #4543 on: December 12, 2011, 08:50:12 AM »

I am 186lbs with all my gear on. 

For the front right now I have been working on just the preload.  I have not started on damping and compression yet because I do not have time to go for a ride, come back, tweak, repeat right now.  With the preload I can make an adjustment and ride to work and see where I am at and adjust there then ride home and repeat.

The front sag/pre-load should basically be a one time adjustment. The damping settings, of course, are a personal preference and that does take a few rides to get where you want it.  For your weight, if you have a stock rear shock/spring, you will be backing off the preload and, even so, will still get the slamming, bouncing ride. I'm sure you've read lots of posts on this in other forums.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #4544 on: December 12, 2011, 02:37:09 PM »

This might help...

Two Clicks Out 11

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 421   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: