Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

October 18, 2024, 04:17:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 280387 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1170 on: June 09, 2012, 06:12:30 PM »

Got the SC back on the road today.

So you're saying you sighted your own bike on the road... Wink

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1171 on: June 09, 2012, 06:22:07 PM »

So you're saying you sighted your own bike on the road... Wink

My thread; I say what I want.   Cheesy

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1172 on: June 09, 2012, 11:35:05 PM »

Got the SC back on the road today.

How do you like the new rubber?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1173 on: June 10, 2012, 11:37:10 AM »

How do you like the new rubber?

waytogo  They feel very planted and track quite nicely.  Still don't think they hook up quite as well as the Rosso Corse, but they don't cost anywhere near as much either.  Interested to see how long they'll last.

And the sugar fountain fairy swore so hard when she came to super-size that stale hope soybean; liiiike a homeless German woman. Who is this super-sizing spirit-crushing femme? And tell her I'll break a tree root up in her shrimp.

Being faster than you thought possible…it feels good. No, screw that—it feels like shotgunning a gallon of adrenaline and chasing it with an all-night orgy aboard a burning Viking boat.
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1174 on: June 10, 2012, 04:02:23 PM »

I'm putting those on soon. Either those or the new Bridgestone S20's. Most likely the Q's.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #1175 on: June 10, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »

I'm hoping one of the magazines will do a motorcycle tire shootout/review soon to include the S20.  The Q2's are fantastic for street & occasional track days w/ better mileage than most other tires.  If money is ever of no concern, I still love the Pirelli Super Corsa SP's & Metzler K3's.   

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1176 on: June 26, 2012, 06:49:16 AM »

While Gloria & I were on our way to the movies on Sunday I saw Craig, Pat (1198S) & Lester (Panigale S) making the turn at Castle Hospital heading for Norfolk.

Then on the way back from the movie we saw another yellow 999 cruising through Norfolk. Guy had on a t-shirt, shorts, sneakers and a backpack. Two yellow 999's in one day and I think it could be almost a year since I've seen any 999/749 on the road. How's that.

DRKWNG
Local Moderator

« Reply #1177 on: June 26, 2012, 01:48:49 PM »

Did either of them happen to be the one with the ARC Fabrications exhaust system on it?

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1178 on: June 26, 2012, 11:08:56 PM »

Did either of them happen to be the one with the ARC Fabrications exhaust system on it?

Yep. I reckon that bike now belongs to Kamil Schuetz (SP?) the guy that is running Ducati808. The bike is rough these days. Needed a front tire a couple thousand miles ago. Has never cleaned off the bottom of the front fork sliders and who knows what lies under the dirt and needs a new rear sprocket & chain. That was only after walking by it to get on my bike and ride away. Seems like a nice guy and I expect our group will hook up with him for a bit to see how things go.

sta

'95 ZX6R sold '07 Monster S2R1K

« Reply #1179 on: June 26, 2012, 11:39:09 PM »

I think I saw the 1199(S) while we just crossed Kapiolani on Ward on Sunday morning, presumably Lester.
djrashonal

« Reply #1180 on: July 02, 2012, 05:28:11 PM »

Red 996 with remus exhaust on Ala Moana by the Beach park at about 3pm today. Rider had dreads

Also saw a white monster parked by the Kuhio pharmacy at about 11am

01 SSSSSSS4 - Sold
'09 Triumph Bonneville
S2R800 dark - searching for
freeflydive

'09 1198 (sold); '12 BMW S1000RR

« Reply #1181 on: July 04, 2012, 02:00:54 AM »

I ran across a new 1199S on the side of the road on the corner of Kam & Halawah Dr.  Nice kid, his name is Arthur, and he just purchased the bike that day...unfortunately, the bolt holding the shift lever came off while cruising down Kam HWY!  Nothing major, but kind of a bummer on your inaugeral ride off the showroom floor.  SSD picked up the bike and replaced the loose/missing nut and he was back on the road.  waytogo  He's a young sailor that "appeared" to be level headed; I invited Arthur to a future JJ fun run.    Dolph

"Always remember to pillage BEFORE you burn" -unk
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1182 on: July 06, 2012, 10:47:12 PM »

Two up on an 1199 heading east on H1 near the Punchbowl offramp, early this evening...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1183 on: July 07, 2012, 12:51:22 AM »

Two up on an 1199 heading east on H1 near the Punchbowl offramp, early this evening...

Blasphemy! 

teddy037.3
« Reply #1184 on: July 10, 2012, 08:24:26 AM »

couple of black/red new monsters after work... sailor while still on JBPHH, and army person in mililani
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: