Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 12:37:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Please Help

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278405 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #1590 on: August 18, 2015, 08:45:04 AM »

No, probably my buddy Tosh.  Black Dainese jacket vr46 carbon agv lid?

The jacket sounds right.  Couldn't tell you about the helmet.  I had gapped Gene a bit and was backing off pace. Saw some headlights coming up from behind and thought that Gene was ready to play a bit. So I was rolling a bit slow and "whoosh" the red Pani went by. I checked the mirrors and didn't see Gene so I thought I'd chase the Ducati. Started to catch up but he was going at a high pace and I knew if I kept that up I'd never see Gene at all. Interesting pace for the road conditions I thought. Was that the big Pani or an 899?

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
15899Pani

« Reply #1591 on: August 19, 2015, 03:22:25 PM »

899.  We no need liters.   Grin
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1592 on: August 19, 2015, 10:46:15 PM »

Apparently not as he was quite fast.  I thought it might have been the 899 with the way he took some hairpins going up.  Don't think the 1199-1299 could do that but hey, I might be wrong about that. We should play sometime.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1593 on: August 21, 2015, 08:50:08 PM »

Black SD1290R on the SS showroom floor calling out for MD... Wink
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 09:32:56 PM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1594 on: August 21, 2015, 11:06:17 PM »

Black SD1290R on the SS showroom floor calling out for MD... Wink

That was in a box outside in the parking lot 1 or 2 weeks ago.  Is the orange & white one on the floor too?

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1595 on: August 22, 2015, 07:16:55 AM »

That was in a box outside in the parking lot 1 or 2 weeks ago.  Is the orange & white one on the floor too?

Yup, plus another orange & white one for a total of three...time for an overstocked sale... Evil
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 07:19:51 AM by Speed 3 Pilot » Logged

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1596 on: August 22, 2015, 08:40:59 AM »

They finally sold the RC8-R that was there for months.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1597 on: August 25, 2015, 02:22:13 PM »

They finally sold the RC8-R that was there for months.

And then added another one so that may have been the second orange & white bike. I only saw 2 SD's there on Saturday.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1598 on: August 25, 2015, 04:46:54 PM »

And then added another one so that may have been the second orange & white bike. I only saw 2 SD's there on Saturday.

Maybe, when you get to my age sometimes everything looks the same... Shocked

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1599 on: August 25, 2015, 04:49:02 PM »

RSV4 eastbound on Nimitz this morning across from the PearlRidge watercress farm, squid (sailor)aboard...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1600 on: August 26, 2015, 08:34:14 AM »

Maybe, when you get to my age sometimes everything looks the same... Shocked

I really only brought it up because there was a posting on my Facebook newsfeed that someone had bought the rc8r that was there and not the one on Craigslist. Then, lo & behold, there's an RC8R on the floor right away. Like they have them stashed in the back?  Roll Eyes  So there were 3 big KTM's lined up in a row and a couple of the smaller ones scattered about in the showroom.

pdog109

« Reply #1601 on: August 26, 2015, 01:44:48 PM »

The jacket sounds right.  Couldn't tell you about the helmet.  I had gapped Gene a bit and was backing off pace. Saw some headlights coming up from behind and thought that Gene was ready to play a bit. So I was rolling a bit slow and "whoosh" the red Pani went by. I checked the mirrors and didn't see Gene so I thought I'd chase the Ducati. Started to catch up but he was going at a high pace and I knew if I kept that up I'd never see Gene at all. Interesting pace for the road conditions I thought. Was that the big Pani or an 899?

I think this is the dude. He was MOVING. lol. This was on Aug 16.
As for me i was moving like a snail though. Second time on Tantalus i think i did worse than my first time, my buddy in that scrambler was smoking me with a passenger.  :'(

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:47:37 PM by pdog109 » Logged
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1602 on: August 26, 2015, 07:09:40 PM »

I really only brought it up because there was a posting on my Facebook newsfeed that someone had bought the rc8r that was there and not the one on Craigslist. Then, lo & behold, there's an RC8R on the floor right away. Like they have them stashed in the back?  Roll Eyes  So there were 3 big KTM's lined up in a row and a couple of the smaller ones scattered about in the showroom.

I think there is also an 1190 Adventure tucked up against the wall by the Multistradas.

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #1603 on: August 26, 2015, 11:03:27 PM »

I think this is the dude. He was MOVING. lol. This was on Aug 16.
As for me i was moving like a snail though. Second time on Tantalus i think i did worse than my first time, my buddy in that scrambler was smoking me with a passenger.  :'(

Where was that picture taken?  It looks familiar but I can't place it? 

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #1604 on: August 26, 2015, 11:07:54 PM »

I think it's down the hill a bit from were we usually take our break, before the downhill 180...

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: