Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 16, 2024, 10:27:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278392 times)
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #780 on: August 11, 2010, 07:03:31 PM »

Three new BMW S1000RRs at the dealer, one in white and two in a lemon/lime mettalic...the white one and one of the other two had SOLD signs on the seats...

Life is tough, it's tougher if you're stupid...

Gettin' old ain't for wimps...

You only live once and I feel like I'm running out of time...
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #781 on: August 11, 2010, 09:29:16 PM »

The white one was supposed to have been sold to BME but when the dollars were supposed to hit the table my boss backed out.  Funny, I had a sneaking suspicion all along that it was too good to be true. Unless I can get a certain 620 put into my name under abandoned property law there will be some choice parts available.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #782 on: August 12, 2010, 06:33:54 AM »

The white one was supposed to have been sold to BME but when the dollars were supposed to hit the table my boss backed out. 

Maybe it's for the better, I've been reading about cam failures and I know that David has had one replaced... Sad

DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #783 on: August 12, 2010, 09:19:14 AM »

That girl chopped me up at that course.  She wanted me to get that 848 into second gear at 20mph, kept saying to me "who rides around at 30mph in 1st".   Roll Eyes  Plus, you try to do a duck swerve at 10 mph with clip ons using the technique she described. ---- Hey, I got my card.  It might be interesting to have her along.  I dunno.
ugh
now that my bike is together i sorta wanted to come out to play this monthly ride
maybe i'll just play with myself

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #784 on: August 12, 2010, 10:06:13 PM »

ugh
now that my bike is together i sorta wanted to come out to play this monthly ride
maybe i'll just play with myself

I thought they were talking about the weekly JJ ride, which is morphing a bit, as opposed to the monthly ride that Jose' organizes at South Seas. So far no word from him about this Saturday's ride, that I know of.

But hey, if you want to play with yourself don't let any of that stop you.   laughingdp

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
whackie

« Reply #785 on: August 13, 2010, 12:39:30 AM »

But hey, if you want to play with yourself don't let any of that stop you.   laughingdp

lol, i was thinking the same thing.

Maybe it's for the better, I've been reading about cam failures and I know that David has had one replaced... Sad

like the cam shaft failed? or am i misunderstanding something.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #786 on: August 13, 2010, 05:43:52 AM »

like the cam shaft failed?

yep...don't know the exact details but I heard from a mutual friend that David's was replaced under warranty...if you google "ss1000rr cam failure" you will find more instances...

whackie

« Reply #787 on: August 13, 2010, 08:42:09 AM »

saw a superbike coming out of ewa this morning. was too far away to see the model, but it was red.

yep...don't know the exact details but I heard from a mutual friend that David's was replaced under warranty...if you google "ss1000rr cam failure" you will find more instances...

that'd make for a good lunch time read.
Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #788 on: August 18, 2010, 03:14:00 PM »

Red Hyper northbound on Kam Hwy adjacent to Waikele about 2:00 this afternoon...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #789 on: August 18, 2010, 09:22:39 PM »

Rumor has it that Brandon's 848 has sold and he is now on a new, grey BMW S1000RR.

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #790 on: August 18, 2010, 09:35:27 PM »

Rumor has it that Brandon's 848 has sold and he is now on a new, grey BMW S1000RR.

Boy he doesn't waste any time, I thought he was debating over the beemer and a lightly used 1198S... Shocked

Where did the gray one come from, don't remember seeing it at SS..

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #791 on: August 19, 2010, 04:54:47 AM »

Boy he doesn't waste any time, I thought he was debating over the beemer and a lightly used 1198S... Shocked

Where did the gray one come from, don't remember seeing it at SS..

Those were my exact thoughts and question. Apparently there was a gray one stashed in the back. The beemer may actually be better suited for our driving conditions here. Riding the 1198 on one of our South Seas monthly would be torture. Did you notice Emile standing on his feet when we came to stops through Kaneohe. He wasn't just stretching his legs.   laughingdp  We'll see how this thing does. I still think I personally would have gone for the S. I like the boom-boom.   [moto]

Speed 3 Pilot
Geezer

2014 Speed Triple R

« Reply #792 on: August 19, 2010, 03:15:56 PM »

Sighted at SSBMW, charcoal gray S1000RR with a sold sign on the seat...now where were they hiding that?...

Sighted earlier, a red Monster Kailua bound on the Pali near Auloa Rd...

MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #793 on: August 21, 2010, 11:30:44 AM »

Brand spankin' new BMW S1000RR.  Engine makes "tac tac tac tac tac tac" noise.  Sad    popcorn   popcorn

DRKWNG
« Reply #794 on: August 21, 2010, 11:37:09 AM »

Brand spankin' new BMW S1000RR.  Engine makes "tac tac tac tac tac tac" noise.  Sad    popcorn   popcorn

Brandon's?
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: