Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

September 17, 2024, 02:30:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 112   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Island Sightings  (Read 278421 times)
MadDuck
The anti-

All the Ducati's made the 1290SDR possible!

« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2008, 10:03:47 PM »

oh, i thought i saw a bme shirt

and bring in your keys so i can get you thr 999 back tomarrow before i go to the east coast

I'll be there as early as I can be. Wouldn't you know it that we are scheduled to have one of our busiest days in 4 weeks and you guys want me to bring the keys in (which I offered to to do earlier)  cheeky laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp

There are a bunch of BME jerseys out there. The Pacific Velo squad is using them and they've been one of the big sellers at ITB.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
teddy037.2
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »

I swear I saw two white 848s today, on the way home from work... one by costco/ka uka... they were coming off H2 south

the other in mililani by my street, military rider...
DRKWNG
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »

I know of one Air Force guy who has a white 848. 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2008, 12:15:35 AM »

Anne was on her white 848 at Bike Night tonight. The Chapter 291 Thurs. night ride at Jamba Juice.

No modification goes unpunished. Memento mori.  Good people drink good beer.  Things happen pretty fast at high speeds.

It's all up to your will level, your thrill level and your skill level.  Everything else is just fluff.
DRKWNG
« Reply #79 on: June 27, 2008, 01:13:56 AM »

Were you riding down town tonight Mac? 
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2008, 08:44:41 AM »

Nope. I was getting some carbohydrate refueling after a fast bicycle ride. Voytek had four of us in team outfits and we were supposed to do an easy ride out to Hawaii Kai Sandy Beach. As soon as we got to Kalanianaole by Kahala a major group of riders went by including 3 other BME Pac Velo riders (the really fast guys). It wasn't balls to the walls from there but it was fairly spirited at times. It was faster than most wanted to do as there is a road race this Sunday morning (Down Snake Road to the Haleiwa turn off then over to the turnabout and then up the hill to the junction that takes you back over to Schofield and Snake Road. The race is 3 laps of that route. Whew. Glad I'm not racing.

I was just in a spot to see the Chap 291 group.

DRKWNG
« Reply #81 on: June 27, 2008, 11:13:45 AM »

Voytek had four of us in team outfits and we were supposed to do an easy ride out to Hawaii Kai Sandy Beach. As soon as we got to Kalanianaole by Kahala a major group of riders went by including 3 other BME Pac Velo riders (the really fast guys). It wasn't balls to the walls from there but it was fairly spirited at times.

Don't you just hate it when that kind of stuff goes down?  I can't even begin to remember how many rides I went on that started out easy enough, only to morph into "warp factor ten" as soon as some racer boy goes by...
DesmoBlob

Yes

« Reply #82 on: June 27, 2008, 08:06:53 PM »

Was caging home ~4:40 on freeway, RC51 with what looked like TBR pipes. Cruised with him (incognito of course) until he took Middle St exit. Those TBRs sound frickin HOT!!

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #83 on: June 30, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »

Just ran by a 900SS (did they make those in Dark version, cause it looked like flat black) heading down Kamehameha in Waipio.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #84 on: June 30, 2008, 03:29:00 PM »

No darks (I think). Mostly red, a few yellow. The very last carbed ones were silver. When they changed body styles in '99 (?) some came in gloss black.

eltristo
Go Go Gadget

Humble servant of MBG

« Reply #85 on: June 30, 2008, 03:30:36 PM »

I couldn't recall ever seeing a dark SS, but this bugger sure looked it.

"Health!   The open sesame to the sucker's purse."
DRKWNG
« Reply #86 on: June 30, 2008, 05:23:42 PM »

That would be a sweet looking ride.
DRKWNG
« Reply #87 on: July 02, 2008, 12:25:47 AM »

Saw that older red 900SS in Kailua today while on my way to see the Sport1000.  Also saw a red, Termied 1098 when I was leaving.  Silly sod was wearing shorts and sneakers...
MadDuck
The anti-

« Reply #88 on: July 02, 2008, 08:39:13 AM »

I think I've seen Mr. 1098 Shorts around too. (shakes head) --- So what did you think about the Sport Classic?  Are you on the Seven with us tonight or should we make that a weekend ride?

DRKWNG
« Reply #89 on: July 02, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »

The bike was nice, but I am going with the one in Michigan.  This one looked like it is starting to suffer from the tank bulging issues, and the fact that the other one has all the requisite mods, forced my hand. 

And for the record, I don't think I can make it out on the bike tonight.  I didn't get off work until late and am exhausted!  Sad

But on the official intent of the thread; saw that black and gold Aprilia RSV1000R Factory that had been down at Cycle City yesterday while I was on my way to work.  That thing sounds nice.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 06:32:50 AM by DRKWNG » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 112   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: