Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 02:00:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How to: GSX-R Fork Swap...W/Pics  (Read 70286 times)
MonsterHPD

« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2017, 07:32:23 PM »

With some work on a lathe you can use Öhlins springs(240 mm long) avsilable from (I think) 7 N/mm.

Monster 900-2002 (sold, alive and well in the UK), 749R / 1100 HYM combo for track days, wifes / my Monster Dark 800-2003 (not entirely "Dark" anymore and a personal favourite) , 50% of 900SSie -2000 track bike for rainy days-now with tuned ST2 motor and Microtec ECU. Also parked due to having been T-boned on track.
RB

« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 04:22:53 AM »

I am 160lbs and my forks are .85 sprung, I have plenty of adjustability. Do you think you have stiffer springs?
30K miles on mine, I have recently rebuilt them after a leaking seal, but I kept all the fluid and springs stock.
I recently rode a 695 with non-adjustable forks and forgot what a steaming pile those forks were.

So i already completed the front end swap and i also find the front forks extremely stiff. has anybody found a lighter spring for the gsxr forks? i called Racetech and they said the lightest they have are a .85. anybody have any input?
Thanks!

manwithgun

« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 03:07:37 PM »

So i already completed the front end swap and i also find the front forks extremely stiff.
Thanks!

I'm guessing that you're using the Duc front wheel with your own custom spacers?  You might want to check for binding by loosening the axel nut and the lower pinch bolts, then cycle the suspension.  If it feels smoother and more free, you may have an alignment issue.  Binding feels more like stiction than stiff tho.  Just a thought.

I ride both kinds,   Country, and Western.....
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: