Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 01:29:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ONE UP-ONE DOWN  (Read 1663 times)
DG

« on: August 23, 2008, 07:48:38 PM »

If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any. That's what they say and it really rings true for me lately! I almost have the FE finished and on my way up towards Bartlett this evening the Monster wouldn't obey me at a red light intersection! I pulled the clutch for a downshift and there was none. In a panic I slapped the beast down a gear and "shucked & jived" my way around stopped traffic, up on the sidewalk, and into a parking lot. Once there I just slowed it down until the engine died. Okay lets check the clutch fluid...none. Buy some, fill it up, hey I got clutch but no nuetral, no 1st, no 3rd, no movement at all. The shifters lay-shaft is frozen. It doesn't move at all. The shift lever is down so far the kickstand won't stow. So I went ahead, cranked it up, and drove it back home locked in 2nd gear with the red kickstand light burning all the way. It's a drag and it doesn't look good but I got home OK and parked it. I'll look at it another day...when I'm not so pissed.

"I'm really busy with something not important."
pennyrobber

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 10:46:53 PM »

Glad to hear you made it home ok. That is pretty crapy about the clutch. Hopefully something minor. Good luck either way.

Men face reality and women don't. That's why men need to drink. -George Christopher
Dietrich

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 11:15:29 PM »

Guess we wore the ol girl out on Devil's Highway huh?  Man that sucks.  Hope you get it diagnosed and sorted ASAP.

Duc L'Smart

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:06:55 PM »

Damn Shocked

Just glad you weren't hurt waytogo

Best wishes to your FE for a speedy recovery!

'07 1098s, '06 Paul Smart LE, '99 BMW K1200RS, '73 BMW R75/5, '67 Ducati Monza 250 Bevel Drive, '63 Vespa GS 160
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: