Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 07:35:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTN: DMF'ers! West Coast DIMBY!! *Attendance list & Ride Routes in 1st post!*  (Read 74231 times)
River
Oh look, I'm a

Yogini Ducatista

« on: January 12, 2009, 10:46:50 PM »

As previously discussed, I am proud to announce the ruin of my house

er...

I am hosting West Coast DIMBY, which is going to ROCK!  (Be there or SUCK.)

Official start time:  Saturday, April 25, 2009, 10:30am

Meet at: 15434 Doris Ct., Moorpark, CA 93021

Friday (Optional and Tentative, basically we wing it):
Anyone that wishes to arrive early is welcome to join in the fun Friday night with pizza, beer, and movies, however LIMITED ACCOMMODATIONS ARE AVAILABLE so book early [by PM-ing me], bring a sleeping bag (and/or tent) and hope you find a place to sleep.

Saturday [Tentative Schedule]:
O-Dark-Thirty: Breakfast will be served at my place prior to riding out for anyone here and hungry...for baconcoffee.  There will also be a briefing at 10:15am on the ride for the day.  Ride starts at 10:30, ready or not.   [moto]  We're headed up Ojai way and we'll be stopping for lunch there, with waypoints in between, of course.  Then back to my place for BBQ, Booze, Live Music, the Bacon Olympics, and Drunken Debauchery...er...good clean fun, until the wee hours.

Sunday [again, Tentative Schedule, depending upon hangover status]:
Breakfast ride departs at 9:30-ish or so...kinda...[no breakfast provided at my house, folks].  Short ride to breakfast, longer rides after or head out from there.  No overnight lodging available--I'm a college student now and have school on Monday.  Seriously...   cheeky

ALSO, prizes given for:   bow down
  • Furthest distance riden to arrive at WCDIMBY '09
  • Prettiest Monster
  • Ugliest Monster
  • Best Non-Monster
  • Best Gear (look sexy now!)
  • Winner of Bacon Olympics
bacon
To assist in covering breakfast, BBQ, Bacon Olympics, beer, the cost of the prizes, utilities, "disturbing the peace", and other infractions, please feel free to donate what you can upon arrival.  Driveway/Back Yard parking is available for up to 35 bikes.  Back and front yards available for tents.

Local to SoCal & an experienced rider?  PM me, dammit!  I need help!   laughingdp  BBQ chef, ride leaders and sweepers, bacon chef, etc., etc. (tbd).

One more thing: MUST LOVE DOGS AND CATS.  I have 3 dogs and 2 cats.  If you're allergic, man up and get a shot.   Grin

See you all there!

waytogo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OKAY!

I finally got some news worth posting:

We are definitely IN for the Guy Webster Motorcycle Museum in Ojai on Saturday!     

Many vintage race bikes, mostly Italian, and many many Ducati's as well!  The museum won't be having a special 'Open House', but it will be opened up by Guy himself just for our crew!  (motley as it may be  )

Here's a list of 'I will make it' attendee's in NO particular order: 
(if you're on this list and can't make it, PM 'Duck-Stew' or 'River' and we'll remove you & visa-versa if you're not and need to be)

River  (obviously)
Duck-Stew  (see above)
bobspapa
lilysmama
trouble OUT
bozcorob
SloDuc (mid Saturday onward)
ghostface
Tiavenger
monstergf
Speeddog +1
Fox
MrFry - Cycles & +1  OUT. 
DEVO!
jakem696
silvy1200  OUT.
TazioS
Bick
Bomberhead OUT.
almazing
grandpa nate  (might possibly show up as he's reasonably excited about it....)
DantheMan  OUT. 
HisDucness
MichaelMoore +1
Spidey  OUT. 
petemg
Enzo
MostroBelle
vindingo  OUT.
m9hundo
LaZee
classicR
shaft900ss
Rich B.
Brian P. + 1
Brian H.
Ryan P.
Mikki V.
Steve H.
Steve
Jerry & Shannon
Jeff G.
Jonathan S2R
Steve E.
wark
MAXdb +2
Dopamine
loyalizer
Helen & Dave
Richard and Jeannie
Frank

If the camping/tent thing ain't your bag, here's the hotel info again (this isn't all of them, nor can we FHE recommend them...these are just a few YMMV)

Some of you have asked for information on the hotels in the area, so for everyone who's interested in getting a room, here you go:

Grand Vista Hotel in Simi Valley: www.grandvistasimi.com - (805) 583-4000
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel and Suites in Simi Valley: www.posadaroyale.com - (805) 584-6300
Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley: marriott.com - (805) 915-5000
Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley: www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780

The above hotels are within 10 minutes of my house and decent to nice.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SATURDAY ROUTE!

Starting from Rivers' place @ 10:30 (which means btw that we're LEAVING then...  Plan on being here @ 10am to check your bike over, prep your gear and attend the mandatory ride briefing.)

We'll be taking the 23 towards Fillmore breaking off on some smaller roads which become South Mountain Road into Santa Paula.
After a small meet-up and helmet count, we're off up the 150 to Ojai & Guy Websters Museum ( [moto] ).
This route should take us an hour (+/- 5min) so that will put us at Guy's around 11:30am.  This portion of the ride is about 40 miles.
We're having lunch brought to Guy Websters from a local sub shop (likely Jersey Mike's) so we'll eat there and talk motos and such.
After museum-ing and eating and froliking like school children (Hi bobspapa!) until around 1pm-ish, we're off to  [moto] again after gassing up.

Up the amazing 33 north for roughly 40 miles to Lockwood Valley Road.  There's a ranger station nearby with a large parking lot where we'll regroup and take 10 to rest our buns.  We should be to the ranger station around 2pm btw.  The 33 is an amazing road with breath-taking vistas if you haven't done it...  From there, we'll take Lockwood Valley Road into Frazier Park which is about 34 miles.  We'll gas up in Frazier Park & begin the return leg of the trip.  We should be into Frazier Park nearing 3pm.

We're on the Super-suck-slab US 5 (yuk!  Tongue) for 4 miles (no other route) and then we break off onto the 138 towards Palmdale, over to Pine Canyon road for 18 miles and then a right turn on Lake Hughes road for another 22.  We get back onto the super-suck 5 for 3 miles until we exit onto the 126 (nice winding 4-lane hwy) for 19 miles and then back onto the 23 towards Moorpark.  All told, it will be a long day but we'll be making gas, restroom, and break-stops to well break it up...

A detailed printed copy of the route with notes (cow grates, stream fjordings, etc) will be provided @ the ride briefing meeting (that's why it's mandatory) so don't fret it if the above seems a touch vague...

Riders will be broken up into two groups (possibly 3 if we have a HUGE turnout).  The 'A' group will go first and will run a bit more of a brisk pace but keep in mind that these are public roads and that while riding the route yesterday, we encountered farm equipment, semi's blocking the road, patches of road replaced by gravel, streams that had to be fjorded, rocks, gravel, silt, lane closures, stupids in cages,  Police's, wild animals, and a small brush fire on the side of the road.

The 'B' groups will go after the 'A' group by about 10 minutes so as not to bunch up.  'B' group will run a more mellow pace but will still average slightly over the speed limit.

Riders are free to choose the group they want to ride in, but ULTIMATELY YOU are responsible for your safety, carrying proper insurance, riding within your own limits, making sure you don't run out of gas, your bike is in good working order, etc... 

Total Saturday mileage will be around 210 miles BTW.

Any ride you return from safely is a good one and we really want to have a good ride!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SUNDAY ROUTE!

Sunday is an optional ride depending on how nutty-coo-coo we get Saturday night...

Leave River's house whenever really (no set time) and head out on the 118 slab out till it dead-heads into the 210 (this is a 26 mile freeway slab ride).  Turn east (right) onto the 210 freeway to the Sunland Blvd exit.  Down about a mile to Oro Vista and turn LEFT (there's a 7-11 on the corner).  Oro Vista becomes Big Tujunga Canyon Rd and you go about 12 miles on that to Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Rd (or 9-mile as it's called).  Turn right onto Upper-Big-T go for 9-miles of bliss to Angeles Crest Highway (the 2).  Turn left onto the 2 and head to Newcombs Ranch Inn for B'fast/lunch/what-have-you.  This is about a 65 mile one-way trip but I haven't mapped it all out yet.  You'll likely need gas in Sunland as if you run out on the 'hill'...yer screwed!

After that, you're free to ride wherever...Pro Italia is nearby in Glendale if you want to check those guys out.  There are also a few other side-routes you could take on the way back to River's...  (Santa Susana Pass is a good quick one...)  It's basically open from there.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 05:14:08 PM by River » Logged

Inara: (pissed) "What did I say to you about barging into my shuttle?"

Mal: "That it was manly and impulsive?"

Inara: "Yes, precisely. Only the exact phrase I used was 'don't'."
Privateer

God created Ducati to train the faithful.

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »

hmm.. I'm a maybe.  That's my birthday weekend tho.. gotta clear it with the wife.

Andy

My fast lap is your sighting lap.
grandpa nate
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 07:08:41 AM »

1.OK...I'm a retard but what does DIMBY stand for?   Huh?
2.Sounds like a hoot will try to make it.  Grin
herm

Ducati Monster Forum

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 07:26:38 AM »

DIMBY= Ducati In My Back Yard

1st annual was held last summer at Nates place in NH.

Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty, and the pigs like it...
TiAvenger
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 07:35:03 AM »

Glad to see someone doing one here... since Fry has been dropping the ball. 

Me and monstergf are a maybe.....   depends on some.... stuff  Evil
jdubbs32584
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2009, 07:41:30 AM »

If I have recovered enough from the cross country drive, I might come. And of course if I go, Mother might show up too depending on work and such.
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 07:48:14 AM »

Mother might show up too depending on work and such.

time to stock up on.....

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
jdubbs32584
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 07:56:00 AM »

time to stock up on.....

laughingdp

boy's gotta mark his territory  waytogo
Grampa
I am Sofa King
Post Whore

idiot sans savant.

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 08:02:44 AM »

laughingdp

boy's gotta mark his territory  waytogo

so........ I would run,( if I were you) if'n you ever hear him singing or humming "my girl" by the Temptations.

Gaspar, Melchior and Balthasar kicked me out of the band..... they said I didnt fit the image they were trying to project. 

So I went solo.  -Me

Some people call 911..... some people are 911
-Marcus Luttrell
jdubbs32584
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 08:11:10 AM »

so........ I would run,( if I were you) if'n you ever hear him singing or humming "my girl" by the Temptations.

Got it!  Grin
Got Duc

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 08:18:42 AM »

I call shenanigans on a left coast DIMBY  Grin

Why do roaches always die on their back?

That because the survivors flip them over to steal their sneakers and wallets.
Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 08:21:56 AM »

I call shenanigans on a left coast DIMBY  Grin

Oh no Baby...  It's real and it's happenin'. 
waytogo 
[moto] 
drink 
[sleep]
coffee 
[moto]
drink  drink  drink
vomit 
[sleep]
bang head
coffee 
[moto]
[go home]

and in that order (roughly...)

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Got Duc

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 08:23:38 AM »

Hang on there I am working on replying to all of the other 8 posts!  Grin

Duck-Stew
Local Moderator

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 08:24:26 AM »

Hang on there I am working on replying to all of the other 8 posts!  Grin

I can't help it if you're slow....

Bike-less Portuguese immigrant enjoying life.
Got Duc

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2009, 08:25:12 AM »

I can't help it if you're slow....

laughingdp

The smiley rendition is hysterical BTW

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: