Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 19, 2024, 12:47:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mornings @ Montagues every other weekend, 9am.  (Read 68133 times)
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »

Sounds perfect!!!  That is exactly the vibe I got when I started hanging out with the SoCO Dogs.  Let's bring our datebooks to a meeting and pencil in some dates and destiinations.  I heard the weather was going to take a dive tomorrow or I would suggest this Sunday.  I can be there even if it is bad.  The weekend of March 27th and 28th, I'll be in Albuquerque for my granddaughter's birthday.   Maybe April 11th?  Also, racing is starting up and I love having the gang in to watch it.  You all are always welcome!

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2010, 04:50:16 PM »

Just a reminder for everyone, we will be meeting at Montague's this Sunday, the 11th, at 9AM.  The plan was to have a quick meeting to discuss plans for the upcoming season, throw out some ideas for dates and destinations, and cover any other business as quickly as possible.  It turns out though that  some of the Denver folks want to join us somewhere along the way so let's pass on the business part of the meeting.  Let's just get to the fun part: the riding!  See, that's how I roll.   laughingdp  I told you guys not to vote me into office.  Not only that, but there is WSBK at 11AM and MotoGP at 2PM.  That's alot to squeeze in along with a ride so I will invite you all back to my place to catch the races.  They'll be recording while we're riding.  I will personally detach anyone's lips/fingers that spill the beans before I get home to watch the races.   waytogo 

Post up if you have questions, answers, and suggestions.  See ya all Sunday, I hope!

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
J_Slyter

« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2010, 05:38:27 PM »

Sounds great. I hope we see a good turnout on Sunday.  coffee  [moto]
DarkDuc696

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:23 AM »

Tried to stop down to Montagues today to see if anyone was having coffee. Looks like today was a no go.  Embarrassed Hopefully I'll be able to get out to meet you guys one of these times.
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2010, 07:26:57 AM »

Darn it!   I am sorry, I didn't even think of it today, I was playing catch-up this weekend.  Feel free to post up if you're heading that way and you will likely run into one or two of us if we catch it in time.  Hope you had a nice ride!   [moto]  WSBK comes on at 1PM.  My house needs serious attention or I would invite the gang over.  If you come I would put you to work or be running around the whole time trying to bring order to chaos so you all best find a place to watch it on your own this week.   Grin

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
mikethebike427

mikethebike427

« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »

I recently acquired a ST3 and would like to meet/ride with the SoCO DOGs.
Can I assume the next gathering at Montague's would be Sun May 9th?
Do the SoCO DOGs also gather at Phantom Canyon on Tues evenings?
What time do you gather for these events?

Look fast ! Ride Faster !
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »

Wellllll.....actually, we have been slacking a little in the Duc Nite and regular Montague meet-ups, but that was basically because of the long, LONG winter.  But I think May 9th sounds good for another Sunday morning get-together, even though it is Mother's  Day.  This Sunday might have been good, too, but there are supposed to be snow and rain showers till the afternoon.  As for, Phantom Canyon, let's definitely resurrect the Tuesday night tradition.  We can move it to another night if it works for more people.  It is a standing invite.  Either a dozen folks will show up or only a couple, but either way, it will be fun to see some other ducatisti.  Shall we try for next Tuesday between 6 and 7?

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2010, 05:36:03 AM »

Hiya MTB427! I'm an original SoCO DOG even though I'm living down in Albuquerque now. Enjoy your new Duc and sorry I won't be able to meet you for some time yet. Bonfy I betcha any Mothers Day turn out would be... not so good. I'd try Saturday morning the day before. You should send out a big email and pump it as a Mothers Day ride, maybe with lunch somewhere cool.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2010, 07:26:45 AM »

You are right about that, Scottish.  If anyone is interested in getting together next weekend, post up your input either here or on the "Who's riding this weekend" thread.  I am going to Phantom Canyon on Tuesday in hopes to running into some fellow Duc riders.   I'll be there between 6 and 6:30. 

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #54 on: May 21, 2010, 10:18:46 PM »

KRJ mentioned getting together this Sunday for a ride.  If anyone is interested, post up here if you think you might be coming.  One of these times, we should ride down to Canon City and save him the trip up to Montague's.  Anyone up for it?

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
DarkDuc696

« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2010, 03:10:02 AM »

Im up for a ride. Just let me know where we are meeting. I might bring a friend along as well. He's here for a class that end on Thurs and has been wanting to get out and ride some Colorado goodness! Monte's, Canon City, Denver just let me know.  [moto]
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:18:57 AM by DarkDuc696 » Logged
lytehouse

« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2010, 05:29:39 AM »

John & I are seriously considering it......

assuming the same time (9:00) at Monty's???
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2010, 05:53:55 AM »

Sounds great to me!  Let's do Montague's tomorrow at 9AM.  For new folks, it is on Tejon down near Las Vegas.  Google address to be sure.  Look for Duc Pond out front.  We can decide on a route from there.   [moto]

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2010, 01:12:38 PM »

We had an unexpected GREAT turn-out today for so little publicizing.  Missed KRJ and Butch (and Pete, as always), but we did have a great ride down to Bishop's Castle, coming back the Texas Creek route.  Just beautiful and the weather was awesome.  The wind died down some from yesterday's brutal buffeting.

Here's the proof:

Coffee at Montague's to start.  We were thrilled to meet Mike and Christy's little one (with a Ducati shirt already!)

(left to right) Christy, Campbell, John, Brenda, Dusty, Mike, Phil.  Missing from pic:  Jim (DarkDuc696), his friend with the Kawasaki (sorry, now I am spacing his name), and myself.

The gang at the gas stop in Penrose:

Bishop's Castle (We climbed up to the spherical-looking cage):

All the bikes at Bishop's:

Discussion group after the twisties:

Stopped at KRJ and Shannon's on the way through Canon City:

There is Shannon and KRJ's brother (the reason KRJ didn't take off with us today - bro in town - looks and sounds just like Keith):

And a little video blip of the stop at Bishop's Castle:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 01:21:22 PM by bonfy » Logged

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
DarkDuc696

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2010, 02:05:21 PM »

Great ride today. It was a blast meeting you guys. Charlie (Kawasaki guy) had a great ride and wanted me to pass on his thanks for letting him come along.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: