Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 11:27:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harley's but they ride !  (Read 3657 times)
duckrider

« on: September 06, 2008, 08:04:14 PM »

Ok now that I have your attention ." Yes" nobody will ride with me now but that dos'nt matter because no one ever comes to club rides anyway.
I have all ways been proud to ride a Ducati because it stands for a different rider like a BMW rider he has respect for the road and the sport he wears gear and safety equipment . Most Duckriders have been riding for years and have experience in  riding dirt and didn't just jump in to it to be cool and hang out and talk about the chrome on there bikes and stop at the bar and have a beer . Ducati riders like to ride .
 Now your Dealer ship is being sold to a Harley dealership so what are you going to when they have a club ride and hundreds of inexperienced guys show up for a club ride and the Ducati -Bmw  guys have a club ride and two guys show up. Do you really think there going to build you a good Dealer ship and put their time and money in something to support us ? I hate to say it guys but we need a good strong Dealer ship  in less you want to drive to Denver ?

This does not mean you need to make every club ride but it does mean you need to show that you are out there and be counted . Maybe if more of us would show support to the dealer ship and the club rides we will see a great out  come from  this . Maybe your saying who is this guy hes a nut .  But I see the big picture and I want to talk to the same guys that I have been getting my bike serviced from for years I want to see a great Ducati dealership . I think a strong club could realy make a difference.
 It would be great to see a great club ,meet people ,learn from each other , have some great rides . Wait everyone is busy ! Yes your right because we are all working and mowing the lawn while the Harley croud is out riding.

That is one thing I see in the Harley world they stick together and I hate to say it I see more HD riders on the road than Ducks.

Come on people lets try to make an effort . I can't wait to see the replys.

Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2008, 10:23:24 PM »

applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause applause

duckrider/Holland 2008.  That's the ticket I'm voting for!
duckrider

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 07:21:08 PM »

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!   NO  REPLYS !!!!!!!!    Cat got your tongue's !!!!!!!

KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 06:48:31 AM »

" whats the differance between Ducati club and Harley clubs,Harley clubs actually ride " no disrespect but I made this comment to my wife last weekend. I see someone else noticed this also, and had the stones to post it !!   as a RIDING club lets change this..

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
duckrider

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 07:51:06 AM »

Thanks Smitch and KRJ for the reply . I hope other club members will have some in put . It would be nice if other members would just show up for rides . This weekend we showed up saturday and Sunday .
Sunday Larry and Pete ,Holland and I rode down to Florence and had breakfast then we headed to Bishops and Larry went down to support Another club member who was racing . WE had great weather and a good ride and I still got the lawn mowed .

By the way we did see a whole lot of Harleys .  Don't get me wrong I don't want to become a" Harley group"

Just with the 4 of us thanks to Pete we found a new grest place to eat and a new place to explore. Pete and Larry also helped Holland with a minor problem with his bike just buy talking at breakfast. Thanks guys !

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 08:16:58 AM »

In case you don't find it, see relavant post here. http://ducatimonsterforum.org/index.php?topic=10654.new#new

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:16 PM »

Thanks Smitch and KRJ for the reply . I hope other club members will have some in put . It would be nice if other members would just show up for rides . This weekend we showed up saturday and Sunday .
Sunday Larry and Pete ,Holland and I rode down to Florence and had breakfast then we headed to Bishops and Larry went down to support Another club member who was racing . WE had great weather and a good ride and I still got the lawn mowed .

By the way we did see a whole lot of Harleys .  Don't get me wrong I don't want to become a" Harley group"

Just with the 4 of us thanks to Pete we found a new grest place to eat and a new place to explore. Pete and Larry also helped Holland with a minor problem with his bike just buy talking at breakfast. Thanks guys !

Yeah that was good chow.  Pete did good with that one.  I'm up for that place again.  MORE COWBELL, I NEED MORE COWBELL.

Glad you got to your lawn.  Mine has been a casualty of this year's riding season!  Speaking of that I owe Holland an email.

Looking forward to the 21st. 

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
KRJ

'07 MTS 1100S , '03 XR650L , '78 KZ 1000

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 08:08:35 AM »

Where did you guy's eat in Fiorence??    there are some good restaurants around this area, in Canon City try  Cackleberry's , Pizza Madness, and Old Mission Deli  for a start .    havn't ate in Florence in a while, seems when you find a good place the next week they're closed.   we could always stop by my place and fire up the grill too !!!

" I believe You understand what You think I said, but I'm not sure You realize that what You heard is not what I meant " !!
J_Slyter

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 10:15:13 AM »

" whats the differance between Ducati club and Harley clubs,Harley clubs actually ride " no disrespect but I made this comment to my wife last weekend. I see someone else noticed this also, and had the stones to post it !!   as a RIDING club lets change this..

Frankly I think that this comment is BS. There are probably a couple of hundred Harley's sold for every Ducati, so of course it is easy to pull together a group for a ride when you have 1000 members. Plus half the Harley rides are probably less than 20 miles to a nearby local bar. You ever see what is parked outside that bar in Crystola?? That's about as far as 80% of them go. Granted there are true riders that actually take their bikes somewhere, but IMO they are the minority of Harley riders (but I'd wager they still outnumber Ducati riders). I've done 3 trips this year that covered about 8000 miles and I see about a 40/60 to 50/50 split between BMW's and Harleys on the road, and there are a lot more Harleys sold. I was coming back from Denver the week Sturgis ended and I saw as many Harleys heading south in the back of a pickup as there were actually being ridden (well maybe I'm exaggerating, but not much). Plus it is easy to do a group ride when everyone rides the same pace. I think some of our club members may be intimidated by the disparity in the pace between riders. My wife rode her Yamaha on one of our group rides, and I can tell you, keeping up was her biggest concern before we headed out. She had a great time though and was ok pulling up the rear, and the group was great in stopping and letting us catch up, so I'm sure she will join in other rides.

So, maybe I'm not one to talk, I've made maybe 4 or 5 club rides, and I'm counting the trip to Eastside Bar and Grill to watch the MotoGP races, but I've missed at least 4 just because I was on the road riding somewhere else. This is a first year club, as long as we have a strong core, I'm sure it will grow (at least we have folks that care).  I am planning on making the Sept 21st ride though (unless it is to Crystola or something).  Grin
Gringo 999

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 01:24:56 PM »

So, maybe I'm not one to talk, I've made maybe 4 or 5 club rides, and I'm counting the trip to Eastside Bar and Grill to watch the MotoGP races, but I've missed at least 4 just because I was on the road riding somewhere else. This is a first year club, as long as we have a strong core, I'm sure it will grow (at least we have folks that care).  I am planning on making the Sept 21st ride though (unless it is to Crystola or something).  Grin

John,

Trust me on this one.  We aren't bar hopping and we sure as heck ain't going to Crystola!   cheeky

Sure hope we get weather as good as today for next week's ride!!!   [moto]

Lar

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 02:27:51 PM »

I once rode a wheelie from one end of Crystola to the other...... actually it wasn't really a wheelie, it was kinda a power shift. Of course I've missed Crystola by blinking before.  Grin

Gringo 999

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 08:32:58 PM »

I once rode a wheelie from one end of Crystola to the other...... actually it wasn't really a wheelie, it was kinda a power shift. Of course I've missed Crystola by blinking before.  Grin

My point exactly!! 

Love the pic of your daughter!!  When is she getting her first Duc?

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 09:33:11 PM »

My point exactly!! 

Love the pic of your daughter!!  When is she getting her first Duc?
I think JcPenny sells little electric Monsters..... however we will be eschewing that option in favor of one of those wee little Yamaha dirt bikes..... teach her with gas!  Wink I can't wait to get her going on that stuff, she already helps her Daddy in the garage(yeah helps me lose stuff). laughingdp Thanx for the compliment, she's a ham.

duckrider

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 08:38:52 AM »

What a great turn out Sunday . I  know Holland and I had a great time . It was great to meet everyone .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: