Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 26, 2024, 10:09:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer's End Club Ride - Sunday, 21 Sep 9:00 a.m. @ Montague's  (Read 7821 times)
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« on: September 09, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »

Calling all Dogs!!! 

Here's the dealio, Coolio.  The 21st of September, while not likely the last ride of the year, really represents the last ride of the Summer riding season.  Drats!!!  So let's kick it real and get out and ride.  Find a babysitter, call in sick, skip the soccer game, tell the Mr. or Mrs. that the honey-dos will just have to wait.  You owe it to yourself as a Ducatista to "Ride Baby Ride!"   [moto]

Would like to invite all our associates and "wanna-be Ducatis" to come out and join us.  So extend the invitations to all qualified and properly geared friends and family.  Maybe our Denver and ABQ friends can join us too. 

As of now, no route is set.  Looking at maybe Breckenridge or Aspen as potential desinations.  Please let me know if you have a great idea for a ride.

Let's get the word out.  Looking forward to seeing everybody!!!

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
duckrider

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 07:02:48 PM »

The date is down and I will be there and I will get Holland there to. Sounds great . Let me know what I can do to help.

We will be there on the 21 of Sept . 
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:31:35 AM »

I will not be going on this ride. I have had plans for months to go to Maroon Bells for a photography shoot, and will be gone all weekend. How about we make the official last ride for Monday the 22nd???  Grin Grin laughingdp laughingdp

Have fun ya'll, and hope the weather is good!
Gringo 999

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:50:43 PM »

I will not be going on this ride. I have had plans for months to go to Maroon Bells for a photography shoot, and will be gone all weekend. How about we make the official last ride for Monday the 22nd???  Grin Grin laughingdp laughingdp

Have fun ya'll, and hope the weather is good!

Dude!  Sorry to hear that.  Enjoy Maroon Bells!

J_Slyter

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 11:12:53 AM »

Dude!  Sorry to hear that.  Enjoy Maroon Bells!

Why not just ride up to Maroon Bells? I was there last Thursday on the bike and it was great. Just wear warm gear for Independence Pass. Colors should be changing about the 21st too.  [moto]
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »

Why not just ride up to Maroon Bells? I was there last Thursday on the bike and it was great. Just wear warm gear for Independence Pass. Colors should be changing about the 21st too.  [moto]

Too much photo gear. Plus I am driving others up (car pooling ya know!!)  bang head
Gringo 999

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 07:30:33 PM »

Okay, the place ain't googling for me.  Where the heck is Maroon Bells?  Huh?

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 08:23:34 PM »

It's a pretty Mountain area... if I recall it's in the Aspen area. I did some elk hunting there. I'd like to make this ride. It will depend on the kid situation. If I have my daughter that week which is likely then I'll be doing the Daddy thing.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
J_Slyter

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 07:25:11 AM »

Yup, it is right outside Aspen (about 160 miles one way). Nice little road that leads out of town and into the park area. It is maybe 15 miles from the heart of downtown to the end of the road/parking area. They close the road to private vehicles between 9am to 5pm during the summer, but they just switched to the shuttle running on weekends only after Labor Day, so I'm not sure if you can drive/ride up there between 9 and 5 on the weekends. There is a fee to get in...$5 for a motorcycle. They say that the Maroon Bells are the most photographed mountains in North America. Brenda and I just got back from our Zion/Grand Canyon trip which included Maroon Bells, Grand Mesa, and Million Dollar Hwy in Colorado, and you could just start to see a little yellow around the edges on the Aspen leaves. The 21st will probably be a little early for the full colors, but I imagine some will be turning.
Gringo 999

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 01:38:01 PM »

It's a pretty Mountain area... if I recall it's in the Aspen area. I did some elk hunting there. I'd like to make this ride. It will depend on the kid situation. If I have my daughter that week which is likely then I'll be doing the Daddy thing.

WDB,

What part of "get a sitter" did you not understand???   cheeky

Seriously, hope you can make it.  I've been dying to see the project bike.

Pres

Randimus Maximus
Local Moderator
Post Whore

'01 996SPS

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »

seriously  Roll Eyes

http://www.fs.fed.us/r2/whiteriver/rangerdistricts/aspen_sopris/mb_scenic_site/index.shtml

"The Maroon Bells are the most photographed peaks in all of North America."

how long have you been in Colorado?

Wink

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 02:23:56 PM »

WDB,

What part of "get a sitter" did you not understand???   cheeky

Seriously, hope you can make it.  I've been dying to see the project bike.

Pres
  Sad The truth is the wife and I have been dealing with some challenges lately. She's been staying with her parents in Albuquerque, so my time and access to Alyssa is limited and I couldn't give up anymore time with her than I'm forced to.  Cry So while I do miss the rides, my priority is to my family as we work through this, and my darling daughter for every minute I have her. That is really the only way it can be. I'd rather not bring it out for everyone to see, but we are a communtiy and I guess this is the nature of life. If I can make it I will. However if my daughter is here....... well, you get it.

Gringo 999

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 08:36:11 PM »

Sad The truth is the wife and I have been dealing with some challenges lately. She's been staying with her parents in Albuquerque, so my time and access to Alyssa is limited and I couldn't give up anymore time with her than I'm forced to.  Cry So while I do miss the rides, my priority is to my family as we work through this, and my darling daughter for every minute I have her. That is really the only way it can be. I'd rather not bring it out for everyone to see, but we are a communtiy and I guess this is the nature of life. If I can make it I will. However if my daughter is here....... well, you get it.

WDB,

You have your priorities straight Dude.  Alyssa is A+ cutie.  I suffer from having grown kids so it's not hard for me to leave.  Hope you and the Frau get things worked out. 

Pres

Scottish
Balls!

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2008, 09:27:56 PM »

Me too bro, me too. Things are looking positive, just takes time and commitment. Thanks for the support.

Gringo 999

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 06:51:27 AM »

The weather forecast is looking good for next Sunday's ride.  Mostly sunny, high of 73 degrees.   waytogo 

The aspens will be turning.  It's going to be great!   Wink

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: