Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

May 01, 2024, 09:51:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Tapatalk users...click me

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SoCO DOG News  (Read 3546 times)
Gringo 999

Live to Ride, Ride to Live

« on: May 08, 2008, 07:28:29 PM »

Yes.  DOGs.  We are now officially the Southern Colorado Ducati Owners’ Group, a.k.a. SoCO D.O.G.   Thanks to Adrian Vincellette, Mike Gagliono, Steve Recca, Anson Waugh, John Lichlyter and Peter Pino for their help in the selection process.  All the votes were tallied from everyone who voted and it came down to the top 3 excluding all names that were not inclusive or representative of all off us – so Desmo, Colorado Springs and Pike’s Peak bit the dust.   After all the dust settled it was unanimous that we go to the D.O.G.s!  Thanks to everyone who provided comments and voted.  And congrats to Jeffrey Dean for recommending the winning name!   wt:

Larry Dotson, aka "Il Duce"
2004 Red and White 999 Superbike (Biposto)
MRA # 196 - 2001 GSXR 750
Gringo 999

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 07:29:51 PM »

Just a friendly reminder that our next meet & ride is this Saturday at 9:00 am at Montague’s on Tejon just north of I-25.  Hopefully, more of you can make it this time.  We’ll likely be at Montague’s for a little while so if you’re running a little late don’t sweat it.  Hopefully the weather will cooperate too.  The current Accuweather forecast has rain beginning about 1:00 p.m. 

If we get a quorum I would like to discuss upcoming events and rides, the Club message board changes, track day interest, the latest on Anson’s Monster reclamation project, etc.  So please come even if you can’t ride yet – right Anson?  And maybe Jack will let Sean or Dave take a break from the shop to stop by. 

Ciao!

Scottish
Balls!

That's thinkin' with your dipstick Jimmy!

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2008, 08:49:25 PM »

If we get a quorum I would like to discuss upcoming events and rides, the Club message board changes, track day interest, the latest on Anson’s Monster reclamation project, etc.  So please come even if you can’t ride yet – right Anson?  And maybe Jack will let Sean or Dave take a break from the shop to stop by. 

Ciao!
Alas, recieved a fresh set back tonight. Prolly will not be riding yet this weekend. Embarrassed The gas tank recieved some unseen damage and cracked around the fuel pump.  Cry Well such is life. I'll try to swing by for a visit though. My Mom maybe coming in town so we'll see.

You can thank a soldier today, just click the link...
http://www.letssaythanks.com/Home1024.html
Gringo 999

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »

Hello Everybody!

Sorry I've been neglecting my duties as Pres lately.  This darn thing called work keeps getting in the way of my SoCO DOG duties.  Don't they know who I am anyway???  Seriously, I was out of town last week and with back-to-back meetings and rides I didn't get a chance to update this post.  Here's the latest DOG News. 

Saturday 10 May - We met at Montague's and had coffee.   coffee  To my chagrin I actually rode (ahem) my BMW K1200GT because I was running late and the 999 was stuck in the back corner of the garage.  [Poor execuse I know.]  Well I showed up and guess what??  John L. rode his BMW oilhead, Pete P. was still riding his 1976 Honda 750, WannaDucBad showed up driving a cage as his Monster recovery project still was waiting on parts from the motherland and believe it or not our VP Steve R. showed up on his 10-speed.  vomit j/k Wow -did I ever feel relieved!  The saving grace was Ethan, aka CoolEye and Jim the Warranty Guy riding Monsters and Mike Gags on his yellow 749!  And thanks to Steve for bringing along his neighbor and Duc stable owner David. 

We discussed the website and decided to go with DMF [this site] as our long haul DOG site!  Thanks to Anson and Ethan for the help on the transition to the webpage!!!!   Vino!

We discussed upcoming rides and events:

- Sun 18 May - Club ride #4 to Deckers [see notes below]
- Sun 1 June - Auto Mezzi in Denver
- Mon 2 June - Erico Track Day in Pueblo [let me know if you are interested]
- Sat 21 June - Club ride to the Moto Guzzi Rally in Salida 

Also discussed, but not locked down is the E3 Rally in Gunnison, July 25-27; and starting a monthly work week evening ride to eat in Green Mountain Falls or Woodland Park.   [moto]

There will be no official club activities during the Memorial Day weekend.   Police

Club logo designs are coming soon!!!

Anyway we had a good meeting, but called the ride on account of the weather, but then we all rode up to the shop to see Dave and Smitch hardly working, oops I mean working hard!   cheeky

I will post yesterday's ride in a follow-on thread...

Ciao,

Il Duce

Gringo 999

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:11:29 AM »

Okay Gang,

Yes I'm on the DMF at work, but hey it's my lunch hour.  Wife complained of me keeping here up last night night finishing my neglected post for last week's ride.  [And yes, Smitch, I type slow.] 

So here is the skinny from Sunday's Ride:

We met at Montague's at 9:00 a.m.  John and Brenda L. both rode [yes John was back in a Ducati saddle, Brenda on a Suzuki if I recall correctly]; Smitch actually showed Shocked riding his "White is Right" 848; Walter R. made his first ride too sporting a very clean and red 900 sportbike waytogo ; Dave the "Parts Guy" and his son Jeff rode up from Pueblo West, Dave on his retro-ride and Jeff on his dad's Honda VFR; and I rode my preferred method of transportation [the bike in the picture to the right!]  Apparently, we just missed Adrian on his yellow 999 and Cindy on her GSXer and new D.O.G. member Lee T on his 996. 

Anway, after sipping coffee  coffee and exchanging banter we headed up Hwy 24 to Woodland Park.  With absolutely gorgeous weather we made our way West.  The ride thru Ute Pass was conducted near recommended limits and we only saw 2 CSP on the way thru.  Stopped for gas at the Western Station at Crystola as both Dave and I couldn't seem to pass up a gas station.  Once gassed we headed out for our new favorite road, Hwy 67, and to Deckers with Jeff running video from a home-made camera mount on his helmet chin. 

We had a nice relaxed run thru the 23 miles of curves down to Deckers.  The parking lot at Deckers was full of bikes.  But, immediately on entering the lot I spied 3 hot red Ducs!  Of course it was Randius Maximus, Bassel and Polly [sorry I can't recall the DMF names], these 3 Amigos were sporting classic red 996, Monster 620 and 999S Ducatis respectively.   From there our expanded group took a leisurely pace down the road towards the base of Horsepower Hill.  The hill truly lived up to its name  [moto]  and was only spoiled by some non-Duc riders who kicked rocks up on Dave's museum quality ride.  All of us stopped for our last collective moment at the scenic overlook on the backside of HP Hill where we listened to Dave vent  Angry and we watched the other bikes fly by.  We split there with the 3 Amigos heading north and us heading south.  The six of us had a nice, easy pace going back to Woodland Park where we stopped for the last time for fuel and chatter.  Dave and Jeff followed us back down 24 to C Springs where we all parted ways.  [Lots of CSP, including motorbike cop, on 24 thru Green Mountain Falls and Ute Pass.]  Police Police Police

It was a great day of riding, with great friends, and no tickets!  chug  Can't wait to see the film!!!

Smitch

only thing whiter is my skin!

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »

We were very proud of our president as well, Larry's a heck of a rider, and a master of public peeing!  He's fond of the smilies too, as you can see.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 05:58:41 PM by Smitch » Logged
cooleye

Ciao

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2008, 07:08:04 PM »

We were very proud of our president as well, Larry's a heck of a rider, and a master of public peeing!  He's fond of the smilies too, as you can see.

laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp Grin Grin Grin Grin laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp laughingdp
bonfy
Lance Thruster sports my

The Blue Flame 2008 695 Monster Controlled Folly

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 07:16:10 PM »

The Officer's Meeting at Montague's turned out to be a little bigger than Larry thought.  He was only expecting the officers and a couple others who may want the chance to serve on the board.  At the general membership meeting, anyone who wants to throw their hat in the ring will be welcome to do so.  Hopefully it is a harbinger of things to come, huge interest and participation this season!  Larry will be sending out details for the upcoming meeting.   [moto]

The Smelly Pirate Hooker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: