Ducati Monster Forum

powered by:

April 27, 2024, 03:44:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: No Registration with MSN emails

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Late season race stuff...  (Read 21756 times)
fastwin
« on: September 18, 2008, 06:24:05 AM »

Thought I would start a generic WSBK, MotoGP, AMA (?) late season thread for comments and complaints.

Don't miss this weekends WSBK in Vallelunga, Italy! There's a real good chance Bayliss could wrap up his third and final WSBK title this weekend. Only three more rounds after this one and he already has a 101 point advantage over Corser. With only a 150 points max available after this race it would be tough for him not to win. waytogo

Also, four more races in MotoGP for Rossi to show why he's the greatest ever. As if we need proof. Here comes #8. chug

AMA, the season's dead. Big deal Spies wins his third and AMA puts the final nail in Mladin's coffin. Don't think he had the points anyway. I think I read that if won all the points available, even for poles and laps lead, he would have still lost to Spies by a point. Glad to see Zemke win a Formula Xtreme title. He's a good rider and seems like a nice guy. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 09:23:15 AM by fastwin » Logged
Kevin848

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 06:31:55 AM »

Thought I would start a generic WSBK, MotoGP, AMA (?) late season thread for comments and complaints.

Don't miss this weekends WSBK in Vallelunga, Italy! There's a real good chance Bayliss could wrap up his third and final WSBK title this weekend. Only three more rounds after this one and he already has a 101 point advantage over Corser. With only a 150 points max available after this race it would be tough for him not to win. waytogo

Also, four more races in MotoGP for Rossi to show why he's the greatest ever. As if we need proof. Here comes #8. chug

AMA, the season's dead. Big deal Spies wins his third and AMA puts the final nail in Mladin's coffin. Don't think he had the points anyway. I think I read that if won all the points available, even for poles and laps lead, he would have still lost to Spies by a point. Glad to see Zemke win a Formula Xtreme title. He's a good rider and seems like a nice guy. 

Dont forget to salute Larry Pegram and his efforts on the 848 in Formula Extreme.  waytogo
fastwin
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 07:37:04 AM »

Good point. He's in fourth behind Steve Rapp. Still only nine points behind with one final race to go at Laguna next weekend. Hope he ends up third! It will certainly help those sagging 848 sales!!! laughingdp [moto]
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:39:04 AM »

Is the 848 that's running in Formula Extreme still running stock internals?  I remember that at Daytona when it finished 4th (but got a podium due to a DQ) it was basically stock.

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
Next: Öhlins TTX shock and Öhlins fork internals, track body work
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
fastwin
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 07:54:47 AM »

Not sure, but he's done fairly well against the mini Jap Superbikes. A lot better than he did on the 749R.
AndreRA3
The DFWM envoy to Belgium!

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 08:26:21 AM »

And then there's that nagging question of where Biaggi will be next year...  Or am I the only one who finds silly season entertaining popcorn?

cdc

my superbike. nutts someone copied my avatar.

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 08:39:12 AM »

And then there's that nagging question of where Biaggi will be next year...  Or am I the only one who finds silly season entertaining popcorn?

No, but you may be the only one who cares (about Biaggi).  J/K  Grin

How ya doin' Andre?  Getting cold out there yet?

Send pictures of your travels.

cdc
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 08:41:43 AM »

Put him on the 3rd Ducati team in GP w/ Gibernau

2008 848
Mods: Full Termignoni Race Exhaust/ECU Tuned by AMS, Ducati Performance Dry Clutch Slipper Clutch, Öhlins steering damper
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
fastwin
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 10:18:11 AM »

They'd kill each other!!
bryant8

2008 848 White

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 10:20:01 AM »

They'd kill each other!!

But it'd be hilarious Grin

I forgot to put a laughing face on the previous post laughingdp

2008 848
26.2 done 12/5/2010
70.3 by 10/12/2011
140.6 by 12/31/2012
AndreRA3

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 11:08:54 AM »

No, but you may be the only one who cares (about Biaggi).  J/K  Grin

How ya doin' Andre?  Getting cold out there yet?

Send pictures of your travels.

cdc

Ouch!!!  cheeky

Yeah, it's getting cold here already...  But that's ok, because at least this week we're getting some sun!

I just put a photoblog thingy online this week, it's at www.avillez.com/fotolog/

There's nothing but some pictures of brussels in there, but that could change.  Or not... classes start next week, and my thesis research unofficially started yesterday!  Goodbye, fun life.  Hello, needlessly difficult to read books!

Back to Biaggi, I think that if they have the money to do it, Sterilgarda will retain him.  They're already losing Xaus to BMW... maybe they'll lose Biaggi to Aprillia?Huh?  That would come out of nowhere, wouldn't it?

calscrazy

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 07:29:44 PM »

for me it's simple. i just wanna know who's taking bayliss' ride? i have had my people call their people to let them know i am available for a CONSISTENT 30th out of 30. waitin to hear back! i am very interested to see how "elbowz" will do. i really like to watch him plus he's a texas kid so i will be rooting for him. i also want to see if stoner can regain the hunger for a title he had a year ago. is it just me or has he seemed to be slipping since the leguna race. it's a shame AMA will go to crap because i think their were some good riders there. i don't know if they are world class but better than me i know that. plus i would like to see a good competitive series here in the states. not one dominated by one team. hopefully some day they can get a track somewhere here in tx. that can host an event like an AMA weekend. maybe just west of austin.

hey andre you completely done with rehab, right? how you feel? knee only hurts if it's cold, raining or i sleep wrong and twist it.

back on topic now.

home will always be between the red and rio!!!
2007 m695 errr recently passed away
fastwin
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »

Heck, you are on topic. For once someone actually stayed on topic. I must be dreaming! laughingdp

Spies will have a tough time finding a decent MotoGP ride this late in the crazy season. I think most of all the important seats have been taken. He may be stuck, unjustifiably, in the US again for another season of boring, no challange, Spies wins all SBK racing. He will not improve over here. He is a wasted talent in this God forsaken AMA/DMG/MIC dueling race series wasteland. I'm sure his over controling mommy is throwing a fit! "You hire my baby or else I'll tear your liver out" kind of mommy. He needs to go to Europe and leave her ass at home. Then he can become the rider he is destined to be. Not that he is the next Rossi, but he could really grow and improve away from the US and the SBK debacle next year. And mommy. Tongue
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:12:27 PM by fastwin » Logged
AndreRA3

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 01:19:18 AM »

Yeah, rehab is done.  Well, I still do some finger exercises, but that's all, nothing major. 

I woke up today to a beautiful 48 degrees day.  My knees let me know the temperature before I looked at the thermometer Smiley

I think Haga is pretty much confirmed to take Bayllis' seat, and Tom Sykes has been hired to replace Haga or Corser (who's retired).  So there's a chance that Spies can go to Yamaha WSBK.  He's also rumored to be in line for a 3rd kawasaki ride, if only he would stop asking for millions of dollars.  I mean, really; Stoner get's 2 millions, but he's CHAMPION!  You can't expect to move overseas and get paid what Suzuki pays in the U.S. ($6,000,000 I've heard).

Apparently Gresini and other MotoGP teams have told the press that they would hire Spies, but he's asking for way too much and won't budge.

Anyway, as far as available rides go, we have the 3rd kawi , 1 Ducati Alice (Elias is going to Gresini, Guintoli is out, Mika Kallio is in), 1 Repsol Honda seat (looks like Dovisioso), 1 JiR seat and 1 Team Scott seat (they've split, and if Scott can get a bike they'll put Takahashi on it) and that 5th ducati (which looks to be Gibernau).

So, if Spies will take a $100,000 salary for ONE year, he can ride the JiR bike, impress some folks, and move on from there.  Alternatively, he can go ride WSBK for factory Yamaha, Suzuki, of PSG-1 Kawasaki, but none can or want to pay millions for him.  If he wants money, he should stay at Yoshimurafest, if he wants to ride with the big boys he should take whatever he can get at the beginning.

That's my 2c.  But they're in Euros, so it's more like 3c.

AndreRA3

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2008, 06:04:19 AM »

let the sillyness resume:

http://www.crash.net/motorsport/wsbk/news/169217-0/biaggi_set_for_aprilia_move.html

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: